HR derby with stadium balls

Bombdropper10

Addicted to Softballfans
With stadium balls it doesn't matter lol. Any bat will do. If I could swing any stamp bat it would be my og stadium with 4000+ swings and prolly close to 5-600 with stadium balls.

TDW13

Come At Me Bro!
I hit in one this weekend with stadium balls and used my OG jh120 with 1000's of swings on it. Forgot how good those bats are.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Something endloaded and only partially broken in. I've found that very broken in bats don't hit stadiums very well. The walls flex too much.

I have a bucket of harder break-in balls (500/525's) and a bucket of 375/400's. Lately my well broken-in L1 has been hitting the 375's farther than the 525's. At first I assumed the balls were getting mushy, but I believe the above might be the case. I've started breaking in a brand new Easton (Canadian L5) and it kills those same 525's.

single wally

Professional Amateur
I also have a bat like that, ST100 with countless hits and super soft barrel that I think now hits the 52s better than the harder stuff. It's now my gamer for 52s and will probably last forever.

As for the original question I agree with McCoy, with stadium balls any decently broken in bat should do, especially considering the OP is a guy who can clear 400' walls off the tee.

robokill

Manager
Didn't it used to be hard barrels hit the soft stuff well, and soft barrels hit the hard stuff? Why do I get the feeling it's all in our heads?

Ballisttic

Star Player
Frankly I think the best ball to use for a HR derby is .52 300. The bat matters less and you actually have to be a good hitter to hit them far consistently.

Stadiums don't really show anyone anything. It's too easy.

Well it is a homerun derby so i think most people want it to be fun so they use a harder ball than 52s even if it is high altitude.

I think altitude sickness is starting to rot your brain lol.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
With stadium balls it doesn't matter lol. Any bat will do. If I could swing any stamp bat it would be my og stadium with 4000+ swings and prolly close to 5-600 with stadium balls.

^^^^^^^^^^ 2x. Webbed up 30 oz og stadium. Damn bat just won't die, or my webbed up asa RD28

robokill

Manager
Take a bat that's soft vs. one thats still fairly hard. The soft one will lose distance because the walls are flexing a ton and imparting weird spin on the ball (assuming you're using something hard, like a stadium).

Frankly I think the best ball to use for a HR derby is .52 300. The bat matters less and you actually have to be a good hitter to hit them far consistently.

Stadiums don't really show anyone anything. It's too easy.
You might be right, I think I've experienced what you're saying but it's hard for me to 100% conclude it's true when the difference for me wasn't that big and I can't rule out other variables. And like I said, I'm pretty sure a few years back the relative consensus was that hard barrels hit 52s better (and I've seen anecdotal evidence to support that as well).

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
I'm not understanding why a broken in bat would hit these balls worse than a non broken in one............I thought the stiffer barrel was for softer balls and the more flexible barrel was for harder balls. That's what made the original Synergy's, Ultra's and Combat B1's so insane with the balls we used to hit..........What am I missing?