HR rule change for D in 2016

shaunt

Central CA Vinci Rep
Heard that they might be making HRs inning-enders after you hit your 2. Any truth to that?

curse21

Addicted to Softballfans
The convention is going on this week so you may be right. It still wont stop the sandbagging in E...

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
Love playing with inning Enders.... Separates those who hit and those who are actually hitters.

SilverSlugger7

Outstanding Bad Dealer
Furthers my point... Seperates someone who can hit and Someone who is a hitter

What?! It just sounds like you want to dumb the game down further and punish a player/team because they hit the ball hard. You should probably take up tennis or something.

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
What?! It just sounds like you want to dumb the game down further and punish a player/team because they hit the ball hard. You should probably take up tennis or something.

Get real man.... The game is dumbed down enough... That's what classifications do. If it wasn't for you guys wanting to stay down a class that wouldn't have happened. If you think for one second that a C team wouldn't come down to play D by your old rules and win majority of the time then you're mistaken. This 2 bombs and end the inning will help them stay in C

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
This. I'm sick of retarded HR rules in softball... period. D was totally fine last year with 2 and then outs. Making them inning ending does nothing to improve the game whatsoever.
The best hitters I know will still hit a lot of DBOs on 300' fields.

E is the only class that should place severe restrictions on HRs.

I've seen some of the BP videos you've posted... No wonder you don't like the home runs rules. No offense man but judging by that looooong swing you have id guess that you may be the "power" guy on your team and up until now you could let one ride when you were out of bombs with little consequence. Now that it ends the inning your services may not be called upon as much.

Like I said no offense. Just an observation. I could be totally wrong but I'm guessing I'm not

SilverSlugger7

Outstanding Bad Dealer
Get real man.... The game is dumbed down enough... That's what classifications do. If it wasn't for you guys wanting to stay down a class that wouldn't have happened. If you think for one second that a C team wouldn't come down to play D by your old rules and win majority of the time then you're mistaken. This 2 bombs and end the inning will help them stay in C

It has nothing to do with people or teams playing down. You do realize that a majority of areas don't have anything higher then D, right? I'm all for playing up, but rules like this are rediculous.

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
It has nothing to do with people or teams playing down. You do realize that a majority of areas don't have anything higher then D, right? I'm all for playing up, but rules like this are rediculous.

Not having anything higher than D is the reason this home run rule was put in place. If it's such a disadvantage or dumb rule to a team and they don't want to play it you can always go up a class.

They are trying to build an upper class is all

thebestpr21

Addicted to Softballfans
Not having anything higher than D is the reason this home run rule was put in place. If it's such a disadvantage or dumb rule to a team and they don't want to play it you can always go up a class.

They are trying to build an upper class is all

Not all areas provide the option to play an upper class without some significant travel....and very few teams can afford to do significant travel....i agree with the majority here, 2 HRs and then outs was good and there was no reason to change that...

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
The rule change, with western E Worlds getting moved to Portland (hella expensive compared to Vegas), mixed with the 250 E to D autobumps (after top 10% finishers at E Worlds), all leads to 1 thing..... They are trying to change the face of E. All these changes pushes teams to realize they should be playing D. E is meant for rec level dudes.

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
Not all areas provide the option to play an upper class without some significant travel....and very few teams can afford to do significant travel....i agree with the majority here, 2 HRs and then outs was good and there was no reason to change that...

Significant travel being how long/far away in your opinion?

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
I can't speak for him but for us we have to travel 2.5-3 hrs every weekend to play in a D or above tourney.

Where I'm from we have 6-7 tournaments within a 200 mile radius every weekend. Our problem here is we have what is called D- and D+. Both are made up to appease the teams who don't want to play C (D+) and those who aren't good enough to win tournements or consistently compete against good D teams which is the D- category. We have about 7-10 C teams state wide. Bc of this TN as a state usually kicks the crap out of teams in worlds or nationals each year for about the last 3-4 years. Just this year alone TN teams won 5-6 WSL worlds in one class or another

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
All of you guys whining about not having C in your area and if bumped having to travel to play.......IF all the teams who are bumped actually respected the bump, you'd have a viable C program in most states, which would mean you'd have a place to play without crazy travel. Problem is small egos. You all want to be the big fish in a small pond, and are afraid to be on the other end of that equation. You expect inferior teams to come play against you so you can feel good about crushing them, but you're not willing to play "up" out of your own insecurities of being the team getting beat.

And don't give me this crap of "but we won't be able to compete at Worlds" at that [next level up]......most team don't compete at Worlds anyway. E teams would go the same 2-2 at D that they do in E. The D teams worrying about HR's would compete in C.

It's not a right to "win Worlds." And Worlds in ONE tourney a year. These teams that are 27-3 in local tourneys and then cry about not moving up are ridiculous.

If you don't like the IE, then play in a division where that doesn't impact you......or......maybe practice the skill of hitting at BP instead of a **** measuring contest of how far you can hit a lobbed ball.

ScootDog

Rather be surfing
All of you guys whining about not having C in your area and if bumped having to travel to play.......IF all the teams who are bumped actually respected the bump, you'd have a viable C program in most states, which would mean you'd have a place to play without crazy travel. Problem is small egos. You all want to be the big fish in a small pond, and are afraid to be on the other end of that equation. You expect inferior teams to come play against you so you can feel good about crushing them, but you're not willing to play "up" out of your own insecurities of being the team getting beat.

And don't give me this crap of "but we won't be able to compete at Worlds" at that [next level up]......most team don't compete at Worlds anyway. E teams would go the same 2-2 at D that they do in E. The D teams worrying about HR's would compete in C.

It's not a right to "win Worlds." And Worlds in ONE tourney a year. These teams that are 27-3 in local tourneys and then cry about not moving up are ridiculous.

If you don't like the IE, then play in a division where that doesn't impact you......or......maybe practice the skill of hitting at BP instead of a **** measuring contest of how far you can hit a lobbed ball.
So true right here. Phoenix is stacked with ex-minor leaguers and college ballers and it barely has a D program. That's just lame.

The rule change, with western E Worlds getting moved to Portland (hella expensive compared to Vegas), mixed with the 250 E to D autobumps (after top 10% finishers at E Worlds), all leads to 1 thing..... They are trying to change the face of E. All these changes pushes teams to realize they should be playing D. E is meant for rec level dudes.

Wish this was true but gone are those days. Rec level guys play backyarders now - rampant in So Cal. Yeah, yeah, I know you may not have as many in your area but you could easily play at 5 different non-sanctioned tourneys here within 60 miles (all with good prizes). Most Rec teams get scared away when they come play Es here. USSSA E here is quite competitive - very surprised there weren't more autobumps to D this year.

In my estimation, USSSA (and ASA) for that matter need to advertise more to E teams and help them feel like they shouldn't be scared away by "serious ball". That, and bump everyone :bigok:

Mond

Addicted to Softballfans
After the 2 homeruns are used, is it going to be just an inning ending out or an offensive ejection also?

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
If you don't like IE's then move to a class where there are none. If all teams/players did that then there would be more upper level teams. If you are having that much trouble hitting the ball down and keeping it in the park then why in the hell are you playing a level of ball where its an issue? Why do so many softball players want to play the lowest level they can and then brag that they are a stud? Why would anyone want to play E for more than 1-2 years? I know guys who are trying to find a C or B team to play with so they can play conference ball yet many people on here cry cause they can't play E or D? Are you also trying to make less money, buy a smaller house, buy a crappy car, or find an uglier girlfriend too? Most people want to achieve, instead many on here want to sink to the lowest level they can....weird if you ask me.

Carbone13

<font color="#4F4F4F">SBF Fund Donor</font>
Most dudes want to swing dirty sticks and play D at most and not be challenged. Theres a reason every major player says they live for the competition. It's because they work at it and compete as high as they can go. If dudes played against equal talent, and not sandbagging, every division would be healthy.

This is fantastic. :bigok:

Pylon #00

Bad Mother****er
My opinion is that D should still have zero HRs. Adding the 2 HRs made the gap between E and D even bigger because more guys that should/could play C moved/stayed down in D once they gave them bombs. So now they are trying to fix that mistake by making it IEO after the limit. They should just take the 2 HRs away and make them outs like it used to be.

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
My opinion is that D should still have zero HRs. Adding the 2 HRs made the gap between E and D even bigger because more guys that should/could play C moved/stayed down in D once they gave them bombs. So now they are trying to fix that mistake by making it IEO after the limit. They should just take the 2 HRs away and make them outs like it used to be.

Might be some truth to that. But the reality is there wasn't enough reward to move up to D's from E before....

Pylon #00

Bad Mother****er
Might be some truth to that. But the reality is there wasn't enough reward to move up to D's from E before....

True, but now, at least locally here, the teams that are forced up to D from E have no realistic chance to be competitive because the talent gap is greater than it was with all the borderline C guys still in D.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
The reality is home run rules don't change anything in terms of where people play, I have never once heard a softball player say they were playing up because they wanted more home runs. E has the dumbest and most strict home run limits and still there were more teams at the combined E worlds than he rest of the levels put together. All the super strict home run rules do nothing but make the game less fun to play. My opinion, home runs should never be more than an out, instead of harsh home run limits that don't actually do anything, state directors need to do their jobs and force players to play where they belong.