I wanna talk about how bad the Luck contract is

Primo

fat and famous pablo
If he wins 1 before 2021 (and i dont think there's much chance he will) is it a success or does he have to do more?

He's not been elite....he's shown promise of elite but most of that was his rookie year and i think since then, his decision making has gotten worse and now he has injury issues....

I blame his coach....quite a bit, actually.....he had no business dropping back to throw that many passes even as great as he was suppose to be

3XC

Big Truss
He'll rebound.

Line play, running game, WR corps could all stand improvement. Fleener was his homie from college that didn't work out, and now he's gone too.

Luck is a special talent and a super athlete. Cam Newton didn't light the league on fire his first 3 years either. Few could call Cam a bust now, maybe Skip Bayless would, but he's a sack of used dildoes in a drainage ditch.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
i dont disagree.....and i think we're all in agreement that hes probbaly gonna be great. I dont even mind the extension...i just think the amount is ridiculous...especially when they need a lot of help and their conference is unfrickinbelievable

Primo

fat and famous pablo
considering about half of the teams who've won the superbowl the last decade or so were defensive based teams, i'd pretty seriously disagree w/ that.....

3XC

Big Truss
i dont disagree.....and i think we're all in agreement that hes probbaly gonna be great. I dont even mind the extension...i just think the amount is ridiculous...especially when they need a lot of help and their conference is unfrickinbelievable
Thats the NFL though. The players are not getting much, compared to revenues. $3.2 B in player salaries off of $13.3 B in revenue.

Here's the scummy part: the NFL itself says that player salaries are 6.4 B, almost exactly double the figure actually paid. Which is true, it is how much would be paid if every player played out every contract and received all the money. Meaning, nobody gets cut, quits, dies, gets restructured, renegotiates, etc.

So they say 47% of league revenue goes to players, but it is actually much less than that, about half.

They're evil corporate attorneys and billionaire owners. Pitting them against 23 year old black dudes from the hood at the negotiating table is literally as lopsided and ridiculous as if you made all these flabby old men put on pads and play the young athletes on the football field. That's how far apart they are in leverage, knowledge, and power.

Outlier QBs making lots of money makes fans take notice, but its not representative. I remember some Ravens no name special teams guy got a 50,000 dollar fine for a vicious late hit. His total salary was 450k, except he didn't play 16 games. I think after the fine, taxes, and some other stuff, his take home pay was like 90 grand. And of course, now he's out of the NFL.

**** the owners and especially **** Goodell.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
that's actually why i think he'll be great.....i mean outside of his ridiculous measurables etc....

he has no distractions....he generates more saliva in the corners of his mouth than most salivating canines.....he has a neck beard and it's not some tryna be cool mullet or team concept thing.....he just wears a neck beard.

he just wants to play football.....he doesn't care about the rest of it.....

3XC

Big Truss
Quarterbacks son like Eli and Peyton, but more athletic than either. Way more.

Not saying he can ever be Peyton, but he can certainly be Eli, and Eli is no slouch. I think he'll be better, personally. Somewhere between the two statwise, of course, they both won multiple SBs (feels weird saying that, but yeah, Peyton did) and that's the thing that matters.

Stats and stats alone and you're just Dan Marino. Some guy in bad local commercials.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
I dont see it happening......not that he's not good enough or will be good enough but with that much money wrapped up in him, i dont see them being able to sign enough help to win it.....

especially w/ how good and young some of the teams around him are......you take away all qb's from each team and rank them 1-16, where do they rank? 12th? is that too high?

3XC

Big Truss
I think we agree that Jacksonville is loaded, but still a couple years away from being a 12 win, AFC Championship game regular.

Honestly I don't think Tennessee and Houston are better than Indy. Similar in some ways, but not in others. Houston is a superstar driven team. If Watt and Hopkins both get hurt in the preseason, they're the worst team in the NFL, worse than Cleveland.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
good for luck dollars wise but staying in indy decreases his chance for rings. defense wins championships and indy does not seem too anxious to build a defense. it is like they are focusing on putting butts in the seats more than building a team that can win in january.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
Manning, Edge, Faulk, Harrison, Wayne, Freeney, Robert mathis....

since 04, here is a list of drafted colts who played in probowl

Bob Sanders
Addai
Atione Bethea
Pat McCafee
Hilton
Luck (and he shouldn't even count)

ya......that's it....look at that **** ass list.....my god that's so bad....sooooooo bad

how in the hell have i not been offered a job there? i promise i'm better than that......

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
yeah and they have had lots of winning records too. being a good player on a bad team will often get you left off a pro bowl roster. guys like lavonte david get passed over all the time in favor of lesser players on winning teams.

3XC

Big Truss
"They had lots of winning records" lol, yeah, with Peyton in his prime. A better team would have won multiple SBs, not one.

The second Peyton left, they went 2-14.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
luck's first 3 years they were 11-5. you want me to go back to when peyton was there?

3XC

Big Truss
Yeah, they went from 2-14 to 11-5. 9 win improvement. Sort of wrecks your argument.

Yes, I'm aware Peyton Manning is better than Andrew Luck, he's better than everybody. He's Peyton ****ing Manning, he quarterbacked a team to the SB without being able to throw the ball 30 yards in the air. He's a wizard.

ntz

tricknollegy
it's not that bad of a contract though, looking at money that's actually a cap hit. money doesn't really kick in until year three, and they can cut him by then if it doesn't work out.

3XC

Big Truss
What ntz said.

It ain't like baseball. There are very few bad contracts in the NFL. Its not like, Philadelphia paying Ryan Howard to hit .160 or anything.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
yeah and they have had lots of winning records too. being a good player on a bad team will often get you left off a pro bowl roster. guys like lavonte david get passed over all the time in favor of lesser players on winning teams.

probably has nothing to do w/ their division having 3 of the worst teams in the nfl the past 15 years or so.....

Primo

fat and famous pablo
lavonte david.....the same guy who was drafted in '12 and made the probowl last year? that guy?

and doesn't your argument w/ trips void the whole bad team thing?

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
It's all about replica jersey sales. QB outpace all I am guessing.

That was a lot of guaranteed money though if it is truly guaranteed.

3XC

Big Truss
Flacco already restructured. Its a lot of slight of hand to make the cap number lower. Some of it comes in huge bonuses.

I'm sure there are tax implications for the players with those bonuses too. Its why Brees can be the highest compensated player in the NFL but not the highest paid.