I wanna talk about how bad the Luck contract is

Primo

fat and famous pablo
i dont much understand it......but i dont try.....and i'm not smart.

Brady's signing bonus was 28 million and his salary was 1 million guaranteed for injury. cap hit of 14

so the bonus doens't affect their cap? is there a luxury tax for overall compensation?

nevermind....i dont even really care

3XC

Big Truss
I don't understand it either and I write and read contracts for a living. It has some formula but learning it won't improve my life so yeah, **** it.

All I know is somehow Brees is like 15th on the guaranteed money list, top 10 for salary, but somehow gets the most money.

ntz

tricknollegy
the bonus affects the cap across the entire contract. whatever it was that luck got is spread out across 5 years and split between signing bonus and roster bonus. if it's a roster bonus, they only pay you if you're on the roster, so if they cut you that doesn't count against the cap. the singing bonus always counts against the cap. $10 million of that bonus is a roster bonus in 2021. he'll never see that

Primo

fat and famous pablo
so brady restructured to take all signing bonus so he doesn't lose 4 game checks?

ntz

tricknollegy
maybe, and to create cap room. most players don't care where the money is coming from as long as they get it.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
lavonte david.....the same guy who was drafted in '12 and made the probowl last year? that guy?

and doesn't your argument w/ trips void the whole bad team thing?
he was just an example and yes he made the pro bowl last year and was all pro in 2013. a year in which he did not make the pro bowl but he has been one of the top outside backers since he came into the league and only one pro bowl.

i was not arguing with trip. he had to be trolling cause he ain't that dumb. you posted the colts pro bowlers since 2004 and i said they won a bunch of games and he had to throw his yap in there trying to sink baits and what not. fact is they had 2 losing seasons in all that time and one was the suck for luck year and the other was last year. besides those 2 seasons they have won 10 games once and above that the rest of the time.

yeah i know they actually went 8-8 last year.

Country469

breathe easy primo, I won't be anywhere near your region this weekend. Staying at home this weekend now.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
gonna rain anyway......

i'm hosting a benefit golf tourney tomorrow, benefit softball tourney on monday anda 2 mile obstacle course that day....

porbably all rained out.....

this proves god doesn't like charity

Country469

Or you shoulda read the farmers almanac......

This new pt job (make fun of it all you'd like) gets me access to 4 courses for free. May go ahead and dump the gf and try to qualify for the 2018 open.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
i'm to the point in golf where i'm as good as i'm going to get w/o some serious effort.....and i have no desire to do that. I could go get a swing coach and spend an hour or two at the range a day but i flat wont......so golf has lost some of it's luster to me.

i'm as good as i'm going to get......so i'm not longer working towards anything.....it's lost it's competitiveness

ntz

tricknollegy
i haven't played golf even casually in 15 years. i want to start back up again. i need a set of clubs that doesn't look like some fisher price my first golf clubs, but i'm clearly not good enough to warrant anything pricey. i've been looking around on golf sites, any suggestions

ntz

tricknollegy
but am i going to notice a difference between a $300 set of irons and a $600 set. i know there is a difference, but is it going to matter to me. i'm beyond terrible.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
for a total set? bag included?

can probably find a set of titleist ap1's for 150ish. good solid bad golfer starter iron
can get a new but old model of driver + woods for a couple hundred bucks.....or ebay fairly easily. Taylormade anything, imo
find matching SW/LW on ebay for 100 bucks. I use callaway mac's
any putter
bag for 100 bucks

Country469

You'll hit the larger, off set, cheaper version irons better anyway. If you suck at long irons, I'd even look into hybrids for 5 and up.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
driver is the only thing i'd buy new...because they'd sell you matching woods

pretty sure i got my last driver, 3 adn 5 for 169.99 but i'm a lefty and get some good closeout ****

3XC

Big Truss
Buy mine. You're right handed I assume? They've been used less than 10 times.

I have pics. Graphite shaft top flite cavity backs, good for people who aren't highly skilled. Top flite and Nike irons. The bag alone was 200 bucks and is basically new. It cost me close to 1000 for the set, I'd sell it for 200. It never, ever gets used.

Irons:
042_zps17ce7f35.jpg

Shafts
043-1_zpsd3888a9c.jpg

Clubheads
044_zps9569e31d.jpg

Bag
034_zps27d71534.jpg

Rescue Wood
037_zpsca24100a.jpg

Driver
036_zps9afe6e9f.jpg

Bag 2
035_zps7258f685.jpg

3XC

Big Truss
Can you get a better set? Absolutely. This is for beginners. Its also 12 years old. I don't know if the shaft length is suited for you. I'm 6 feet tall and I have longish arms. If you're interested I can measure the clubs and tell you their exact dimensions.

I haven't played since 2004 and have no plans to play in the future. I really don't enjoy golf. Thats why the pictures are 3 years old. Its the last time they saw sunlight. Still in the basement gathering dust.

3XC

Big Truss
please tell me you really did pay close to 1000 for that set

I think it was 700 for everything, I bought it all new/retail, so I'm certain I overpaid. The Nike rescue wood was 150 and bought separately when I realized I needed one, not being able to stay on the fairway or reach the greens any other way. I may have only used that once before I realized golf is for twats.

If I paid 20 dollars for the whole set I overpaid, since I used it so infrequently.