ill start this in here......

LeftBench

Addicted to Softballfans
Get rid of your scn3 n scx3's while they are still worth something....ijs.
Dont hoard ur niw's for very long anymore.......take it as another rumor or a heads up....up to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

LeftBench

Addicted to Softballfans
Yea....the new ball...etc...the same guy who told me the voltage would be banned....i laff'd it off n told him ya right....well...he was right.....he mentioned its in the works to continue to allow or ban...i still wanna say ya right again tho.......

But its another rumor thread....we'll see wut happens

Diggs11

Coach
Should I fix up my SCX3 and sell it? I can get my grip put on by professionals, I hear that bumps up the value $300.

MrCharcoal

True Beaut
I could see banning the freak98, especially with its chameleon-like abilities. I just dont see how the SCX3 is any better than say, my May 98? It only has about 700-800 hits on it, shes still in pretty shape, but my May98 will outhit by 20+. I mean, if you're going to ban the Scx/scn, might as well ban all pre-abi?

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
I could see banning the freak98, especially with its chameleon-like abilities. I just dont see how the SCX3 is any better than say, my May 98? It only has about 700-800 hits on it, shes still in pretty shape, but my May98 will outhit by 20+. I mean, if you're going to ban the Scx/scn, might as well ban all pre-abi?

that is what they are doing a few of the best bats at a time, the OG Eastons, F98 and MUT98 will be Nov. 1st and more to come until nothing but Post Abi is left........

cheato

TRACKIN'
sigh you guys really don't know much if you think they are banning bats, if anything they are going to 1.2 bpf. stop all the rumors

mjs

Dodging bullets
sigh you guys really don't know much if you think they are banning bats, if anything they are going to 1.2 bpf. stop all the rumors

i think you may be wrong bro...i have heard more about banning then the latter

cheato

TRACKIN'
i think you may be wrong bro...i have heard more about banning then the latter

not that i really care i sold my og flex, but it is just dumb. they have been talking about the banning of the og eastons for a long time and nothing happened. they made the new ball so they didn't have to ban anymore bats

all i gotta say is i'd put my money on them doing nothing this year or moving to 1.2 bpf over banning anything else

mjs

Dodging bullets
not that i really care i sold my og flex, but it is just dumb. they have been talking about the banning of the og eastons for a long time and nothing happened. they made the new ball so they didn't have to ban anymore bats

maybe you are right.....honestly the og's are great, but not worth the extra cash imo

cheato

TRACKIN'
maybe you are right.....honestly the og's are great, but not worth the extra cash imo

ill take my scn5 i bought for 160 mint over a flex/extended for 300+. paying 300+ for a bat is just a waste in my eyes no bat performance is worth that

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
ill take my scn5 i bought for 160 mint over a flex/extended for 300+. paying 300+ for a bat is just a waste in my eyes no bat performance is worth that

they are slowly phasing out all the Pre Abi bats. This year will be the OG Eastons, F98, Mut98 and next time many more... The idea is to get rid of all Pre Abi's.....

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
they are slowly phasing out all the Pre Abi bats. This year will be the OG Eastons, F98, Mut98 and next time many more... The idea is to get rid of all Pre Abi's.....

I will put up my PJV16 and you put up your custom TJ1952 and if the bats you say get banned I will send you my PJV16, otherwise you send me your TJ1952. ;)

If they were truly trying to phase out pre-abi standard bats then they would have done more than just ban on bat this year, IMO. And, as mentioned, when they go to the new balls there is no reason to ban any currently legal ASA bat.

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
One one hand, you have people who swear up and down that ASA is going to have to ban more bats. On the other, you have people who are pointing out that ASA has been revisiting the current banned list with the new ball, and considering re-introducing them to slowpitch (FP does not have a .52/300 ball). So the 'consensus' is apparently that there is no consensus.

Since there's been talk for 3+ years of banning the Freak 98, OG Eastons, etc. I'm going to wager that they're not going anywhere. If they do, I can simply shrug off any "I told ya so!" comments by saying "Law of averages...guess enough, eventually you'll be right."

...meanwhile I'll be hoarding 27oz Lady Viruses and OG Synergies for when they become ASA legal again. :D

cheato

TRACKIN'
Lol..shhhh! :mad:

Im just passin this along...the guy was right about the voltage....so he is 1-1.....but i think its coming....even with the new ball.....

the voltage was easy to see, you want to know why? because it was a manufacturer screw up from TPS, the bat was not designed to perform like UTRIP bat, anyways everyone is entitled to their opinion.

if they wanted to limit the bats they would have just done that instead of spending all the money they did to have new specs and research on a new ball

B~TOWN

Addicted to Softballfans
No ASA bat from what I hear passes 98 mph with the 52/300 ball so I predict they will mandate the 52/300 ball and make a new compression spec to 98 making hotter bats and allowing all older models to stay in play . ASA is a busiess and bannig a bunch of bats would be very bad for business I don't think there gonna do anythig to make it easier for one of the smaller assoc to take over .

murc

IMHO...

If they're see to it that the .52/275 is the new official ball for all levels of play, they're not gonna ban a damn thing. But they're also not gonna just allow anything with a 1.20 stamp either. There will still be a dedicated ASA bat list and new ASA bats(released under whatever spec they choose) every year.

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
No ASA bat from what I hear passes 98 mph with the 52/300 ball so I predict they will mandate the 52/300 ball and make a new compression spec to 98 making hotter bats and allowing all older models to stay in play . ASA is a busiess and bannig a bunch of bats would be very bad for business I don't think there gonna do anythig to make it easier for one of the smaller assoc to take over .

I've been saying this for a while.

The new bats that would be produced, assuming a mandated .52/300 and maintaining the 98mph testing standard, would themselves make use of the top end "pre-ABI" bats obsolete.

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
I'll keep my OG Eastons until they either break or until they are outlawed. I will not sell in a panic. I got such a killer deal I'm not sweating it.

If I had a closet full of sticks that I paid $300+ for, I might feel differently though.