I'm starting to wonder about Monsta customer service

MAB

The Rookie
How is there a "questionable legaility" in the DNA, Bombardier, and Torch? I'm not a nut rider or a complete hater/rep of another company, so I'm in the middle. I have a DNA and had a Bombardier for a while but couldn't get used to the handle flex and sold it.

I saw the roster for the OKC Combat tournament and most of those guys aren't full time Monsta swingers, so I can see them not knowing that the Bombardier is 26-27 only and misspeaking.

The Bombardier passed ASA testing 5-7 times before ASA granted it full blown certification. I'm friends with a rep in the midwest from the group that hinted towards other big companies in ASA wanting Demarini and Monsta looked at closer during certification because they didn't have an inner barrel tech (which Monsta and Demarini have and are very alike). That's likely possible.

My stance is this: if you don't like Mosnta, okay, don't talk about them. This is just free advertising. Carl won't last long and we all see that, so let him die on his own. If you like them, cool. Swing it.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
The guy who says he swung a 28 oz Bombardier is one of their regular tourney players. Guessing he just didnt know what weight he swung, considering he is an A player and they usually just grab whatever bat is prettiest.

TrainWreck209

Hardcore since '84
I'm sure guys who play that much ball can't read a knob sticker...unless it didn't have a sticker. If one of his players asked for a 28oz, he would make a 28oz.

Last edited:

scu duner

Addicted to Softballfans
Boy im gonna start a "im not sure about demarini customer service". I have tried calling 3 times to get ahold of the warranty dept. Been on hold each time for over ten minutes and nobody answers. I say @#$% them and there great customer service. Im never gonna swing another demarini bat again.

MAB

The Rookie
The guy who says he swung a 28 oz Bombardier is one of their regular tourney players. Guessing he just didnt know what weight he swung, considering he is an A player and they usually just grab whatever bat is prettiest.

Who was it or what position did they play? Would be interesting to look into

matt6195

Manager
So how many of you have talked to the owner of Demarini or Easton or Worth? Carl has messaged me on Facebook and given me his number to call him at. While I do agree and I am sure he will that he takes things personally about Monsta. While I swung the DNA last year and it was decent. I wanted something different this year so my wife went and bought a Torch. Anyone thinking that any company doing a Pre-order isn't using your money to fund it needs their head checked. I wanted to add warranty to my Torch. Picked up the phone called Sales at Monsta and spoke with a guy who told me how to order the warranty.

To say his stuff is over priced might be true depends on how you look at it my Torch with Life Time Warranty is $329. New Demarini flipper is $319 with 1 year warranty. I am far from "Nut Swinger" or "Monstard". I also have new Juggy OG in my Bag.

Carl also stepped up and covered the $$$$ from a Bomb and Torch raffle that the beloved SBF "Joker" turned in. The raffle was all proceeds going to Children's Hospital. While I don't agree with everything he does it's not my business to run.

lcky3

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm sure guys who play that much ball can't read a knob sticker...unless it didn't have a sticker. If one of his players asked for a 28oz, he would make a 28oz.

Then I look forward to the rant/mockery thread celebrating his demise when he gets ratted out.

Hopefully, it's from a halo-toting SBF angel who's never stained their hands by swinging a spiraled bat or a bat that knowingly fails compression.

Until then, all we gots is hearsay and hating, might as well be Ferguson. :rolleyes:

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
Update.

Still no return phone call. Left message with name and number. No reply from Facebook. I'm satisfied it's no fluke.. It's complete dogdookie customer service.

Please never compare DM customer service with Monsta. You sound like a clown.

TrainWreck209

Hardcore since '84
Boy im gonna start a "im not sure about demarini customer service". I have tried calling 3 times to get ahold of the warranty dept. Been on hold each time for over ten minutes and nobody answers. I say @#$% them and there great customer service. Im never gonna swing another demarini bat again.

Good.

So how many of you have talked to the owner of Demarini or Easton or Worth? Carl has messaged me on Facebook and given me his number to call him at. While I do agree and I am sure he will that he takes things personally about Monsta. While I swung the DNA last year and it was decent. I wanted something different this year so my wife went and bought a Torch. Anyone thinking that any company doing a Pre-order isn't using your money to fund it needs their head checked. I wanted to add warranty to my Torch. Picked up the phone called Sales at Monsta and spoke with a guy who told me how to order the warranty.

To say his stuff is over priced might be true depends on how you look at it my Torch with Life Time Warranty is $329. New Demarini flipper is $319 with 1 year warranty. I am far from "Nut Swinger" or "Monstard". I also have new Juggy OG in my Bag.

Carl also stepped up and covered the $$$$ from a Bomb and Torch raffle that the beloved SBF "Joker" turned in. The raffle was all proceeds going to Children's Hospital. While I don't agree with everything he does it's not my business to run.

If you pay that much for a flipper, you are dumb enough to swing a monsta. A children's hospital? I thought it was for orphan burn victim veteran homeless midgets.

Then I look forward to the rant/mockery thread celebrating his demise when he gets ratted out.

Hopefully, it's from a halo-toting SBF angel who's never stained their hands by swinging a spiraled bat or a bat that knowingly fails compression.

Until then, all we gots is hearsay and hating, might as well be Ferguson. :rolleyes:

I couldn't care less who it is. Js. You sound like a moron and you have ****ty bats. Who cares, it's softball. Lol.

matt6195

Manager
Good.

If you pay that much for a flipper, you are dumb enough to swing a monsta. A children's hospital? I thought it was for orphan burn victim veteran homeless midgets.

I couldn't care less who it is. Js. You sound like a moron and you have ****ty bats. Who cares, it's softball. Lol.

Are you saying you don't buy where you play? Check the prices here...http://www.softballfans.com/bats/slowpitch-bats.html?manufacturer=1219

Like I said it's how you look at it. No I paid a $120 less than what this place offers them for.

matt6195

Manager
Update.

Still no return phone call. Left message with name and number. No reply from Facebook. I'm satisfied it's no fluke.. It's complete dogdookie customer service.

Please never compare DM customer service with Monsta. You sound like a clown.

Interesting I just spoke with them on the phone this morning and via email.

lcky3

Addicted to Softballfans
Good.

Oh yeah, the SRV4 is just terrible. Still hits the 52 very well and won't break in two or spiral like your pretty little Demarinis. Worth Sick is a highly underrated bat, but you wouldn't know cuz you'd rather pay twice as much for graphics. Never said the LX.0 was a terrific bat, but everyone carries a line-drive bat when they need to be sure to keep it in the park.

Brings me to the Monsta bat, haven't received it yet, so you really got me there. :rolleyes:

You don't just sound like a moron, you are one, lol.

matt6195

Manager
Yup.. I'm bored.. I'm making the whole thing up. Me any every person saying anything neagative about Monsta. The while thing is an illusion.

Just said it was interesting. Not that you were making it up.

Remember they were closed Friday and sold 300 bats in 4 hours Friday. So they are sifting through tons of emails. Not making excuses but I called at 10 am their time and it was picked up on the 2nd ring.

If you haven't ordered a bat yet, take your business else were. I was really close when the Torch ended up getting delayed month after month. However I won new Juggy OG so that kept me busy till the Torch came.

TrainWreck209

Hardcore since '84
Oh yeah, the SRV4 is just terrible. Still hits the 52 very well and won't break in two or spiral like your pretty little Demarinis. Worth Sick is a highly underrated bat, but you wouldn't know cuz you'd rather pay twice as much for graphics. Never said the LX.0 was a terrific bat, but everyone carries a line-drive bat when they need to be sure to keep it in the park.

Brings me to the Monsta bat, haven't received it yet, so you really got me there. :rolleyes:

You don't just sound like a moron, you are one, lol.

Every old stamp got good at 1000 hits
The sicks are fine but there is so many better bats out there
Get "bat control" and put your "line drive" bats away
The widow will be your best bat soon
Yes I've swung many others but prefer demarini

lcky3

Addicted to Softballfans
Every old stamp got good at 1000 hits
The sicks are fine but there is so many better bats out there
Get "bat control" and put your "line drive" bats away
The widow will be your best bat soon
Yes I've swung many others but prefer demarini

Yup, and I'm sure you have perfect bat control 100% of the time and never make a DBO. Seriously, I got the LX.0 cuz I'm trying some different bats, it was cheap, it doesn't hit half-bad once I got it, and it isn't even broken in yet.

Got all 3 bats for $175, and the Sick was NIW, the SRV4 feels like the BP's already been done for me, and I don't mind working on the LX.0. So, 3 very good bats for the price of 1 Demarini. Personally, I've found the old stamps hit the 52 better when its cold, so I respectfully disagree with your assessment of my bag. :p

TrainWreck209

Hardcore since '84
But you're wrong tho.
I have a 27oz j3a that i got for $40 so i guess i win? I'll let your tight ass know if i find any good bats cheap.

Eeyore

Addicted to Softballfans
But you're wrong tho.
I have a 27oz j3a that i got for $40 so i guess i win? I'll let your tight ass know if i find any good bats cheap.

If you find another steal like that, I'll be awaiting a PM.

I find it funny there are so many people against Monsta but 3 defending him. Carl is a joke of an owner. Attacks people for questioning him. His Facebook page worships him. Can't accept criticism.

matt6195

Manager
If you find another steal like that, I'll be awaiting a PM.

I find it funny there are so many people against Monsta but 3 defending him. Carl is a joke of an owner. Attacks people for questioning him. His Facebook page worships him. Can't accept criticism.

I far from worship or defend the dude. He makes mistakes and does things that have questioned me ordering another bat from him.

That's the beauty of living in the USA. If you don't like some ones business model go buy else where.

SammyJaxxx

Starting Player
Carl may act like an ass. don't know I never had to deal with him.
I bought 2 bats from him. The first was in stock and came right away. The second one was a pre-order and came early. Both bats were great and I have no complaints. My only Complaint is someone stole my first DNA.

Last edited:

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
I far from worship or defend the dude. He makes mistakes and does things that have questioned me ordering another bat from him.

That's the beauty of living in the USA. If you don't like some ones business model go buy else where.

Truth but it's good for others to know what could happen when dealing with this company. Sounds like the product is good enough to carry the lack luster customer service. That can change fast.

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
Off subject: I think it's goofy Monsta don't have any bats in stock? This is the time of year Michigan folks buy new equipment. Seems like a loss of revenue.

RaiderKit

Addicted to Softballfans
This was good reading. I am big on C.S. Miken Returned my ultra 2 after I bought it for an open bat tourney and it broke that weekend of course. Bought plenty of NIW Mikens since simply because of that. Dunno anything about Monsta but word of mouth matters alot in business. Safe to say I would've buying any Monstas anytime soon. I have seen them in action and they are very hot too.

matt6195

Manager
Off subject: I think it's goofy Monsta don't have any bats in stock? This is the time of year Michigan folks buy new equipment. Seems like a loss of revenue.

They had a bunch of stuff in stock. My Milita was shipped the same day it was ordered. They had a big sale $129 for the bat from Black Friday till it sold out in December. Then Bomb and Torches came in.

My wife preorderd the bat the day after it was posted. I got my bat in March. Like I told Carl just post a TBD or March for the date. What upset me was I kept seeing date after date and email after email from sales that they hoped to start shipping late Jan, then early Feb, then middle Feb, then late Feb.

Each Monsta bat is also individually built in CA. So when you order a bat they pull the parts and build it.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Why didn't say where I got it so.

He's saying nobody here pays retail for bats. We PM one of the mods and get the SBF member discount. I've never paid retail for a softball bat since I joined SBF....until I bought my DNA off the Monsta site then bought a used Bomb from a member here. I (he) still hasn't gotten any return contact about switching the warranty to my name.