Insane U Review

pkc31887

Addicted to Softballfans
Jake, I was really asking livestrong because he didn't specify which year cl22. But I agree that it's a lot better than previous years

Livestrong63

Addicted to Softballfans
When I wrote the review I had only swung last years CL22. If the weather holds I should be able to get my hands on this years during the weekend and give some feedback.

Livestrong63

Addicted to Softballfans
Hotter

Wonder if the white one will be hotter :)

White reflects light so on a sunny day I would think that a darker colored barrel would be a few degrees hotter and have just a little more rebound effect than the white one.

There should be a study done on this.

ogsoftballplaye

Finally got to unwrap mine last night. Best new stamp Demarini I have swung. Endload is smooth and not too much. Best feeling barrel to me since the RDU. Sound is awesome. Very loud bat. I will get it compression tested next weekend and see where she stands. I'd put it up along side my Freak 12 right now. Great bat. I haven't swung anything else new line from Demarini. I may want to give the new CL22 a try. Been a while since I have had this many Demarinis in my bag. Definitely selling my Future. For those on the fence about this bat definitely get one. Fire stick for sure.

jd10

Came to make a bang
ordered the blue, but they sent me the white. I didn't do it for any "first batch is always better" reason, just liked the paint job better. They offered to swap it for free, but I think i just wanna start hitting it and see how it goes :)

bakesta72

washed up hasbeen of SBF
ordered the blue, but they sent me the white. I didn't do it for any "first batch is always better" reason, just liked the paint job better. They offered to swap it for free, but I think i just wanna start hitting it and see how it goes :)

Have you swung it yet? I have a white gold coming to me, but Im not a Demarini guy...this year.

mike leonard

Addicted to Softballfans
Does anyone know what the durability is like on these? Mine is fire after 2 rounds of BP. Kind of afraid to BP it anymore, just game only it. Just go back to my Eastons and BP.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Does anyone know what the durability is like on these? Mine is fire after 2 rounds of BP. Kind of afraid to BP it anymore, just game only it. Just go back to my Eastons and BP.

I've heard they are very durable, but as hot as this bat is I'm not taking chances . Gamer only for this one after the next round of bp:eek:

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans

I got over 1k swings before it cracked. And the balls used were mostly rocks that were in my trunk most of the winter.

Livestrong63

Addicted to Softballfans
Swung them both and own them both.

200 swings on the U and 400 or so on the ASA
Differences -ASA sweetspot is bigger but I think that with time the U will be the same
Similar swings
Similar Endload and feel
ASA has a slight flex in the handle but not enough to really notice any major differences between the two. If you like 1 you will like the other.

Livestrong63

Addicted to Softballfans
Swung them both and own them both.

200 swings on the U and 400 or so on the ASA
Differences -ASA sweetspot is bigger but I think that with time the U will be the same
Similar swings
Similar Endload and feel
ASA has a slight flex in the handle but not enough to really notice any major differences between the two. If you like 1 you will like the other.

jd10

Came to make a bang
Have you swung it yet? I have a white gold coming to me, but Im not a Demarini guy...this year.

Didnt swing it, they offered to flip the color for me and cover ship, and since i got alittle time before the season starts and had already bought a blue lizardskin for it, i sent it back. Now we wait again :)

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Didnt swing it, they offered to flip the color for me and cover ship, and since i got alittle time before the season starts and had already bought a blue lizardskin for it, i sent it back. Now we wait again :)

That is some serious bat game. I would have just gotten a different lizard skin:thumb:

Of course I do like the color way on the black and blue better.

jd10

Came to make a bang
Yeah i know, i know, i would never think i ln a million years id send a bat back for color, and i actually had a white lizard skin in hand i could have used (bought it for a different bat though) but when i told gs about it, they were really cool about it and offered to turn it around quick with 2 day priority each way for free. And i too really like the black/blue scheme :)
If they would have offered me even 5 bucks back or something, i probably would have just kept it.

Wik

Addicted to Softballfans

I'll take your white one and.....well I'll just take it for free :thumb:

ogsoftballplaye

Bped it again last night. As of right now its outhitting my 200 hit F12 and 50 hit F30. I was seeing it really well last night. Reason I say outhitting is cause the balls from the insane were going further. Furthest shot of the night came off the Insane. It was a Classic M that's been in my bp box since 2012. Ball went 375' easy. We usually have a lil hr derby at the end with 15 balls and see how far we can hit. That's when this took place as we generally use bp to work on base hits and gap shots. Sweetspot is still bigger on the 12. Insane sweetspot is bigger then the 30. Going to try and get them all compression tested this weekend and see where they stand. Mostly bp with evil rockets and evil bp 52s. I love the insane. Insane is more endloaded then the 12 and the 30. Great bat for sure. As of right now the 12 is still my gamer just because of the sweetspot being bigger. When I get more swings on the Insane I could see it taking its place.

Last edited: