INSANITY fitness program

erdavemtz

COMbat Crazy
Good stuff here thanks for the info guys.. As for guys with timing issues after working out, just my .02, After heavy lifting or working out make sure you swing your bat and even swinging a lighter bat helps to keep your muscle memory. I had a big problem with feeling really stiff and felt like my bat was slow but I force myself to dry swing a bat and would even do the bat speed exercises that guys here on the board do and it helped tremendously.. My hit away was great at helping me with my timing issues..

Stretch19

Grow up
insanity doesnt involve any heavy lifting or even weights for that matter...sounds to me like the guys we timing issues are trying to blame it on something and this is all theyve got

Spider12

Banned User
insanity doesnt involve any heavy lifting or even weights for that matter...sounds to me like the guys we timing issues are trying to blame it on something and this is all theyve got

Didn't know you can't get stronger unless you lifted weights...... Looks like a lot of people are doing it all wrong, you should come out with a training video, you seem to be a superstar know it all :rolleyes:

erdavemtz

COMbat Crazy
I haven't done insanity so I don't know what's involved but as for my timing the only worry would be is which infielder I'm gonna make eat the ball..
:eek:

Stretch19

Grow up
Didn't know you can't get stronger unless you lifted weights...... Looks like a lot of people are doing it all wrong, you should come out with a training video, you seem to be a superstar know it all :rolleyes:

where did i saw i knew anything about training? the insanity videos involve no weights at all and i was simply replying to a post about someone who mention "heavy lifting". insanity does not involve heavy lifting and therefore should not disturb timing swinging the bat, that was my point which i see you failed to understand...thanks for playing noob

wannabeaplayer

Addicted to Softballfans
where did i saw i knew anything about training? the insanity videos involve no weights at all and i was simply replying to a post about someone who mention "heavy lifting". insanity does not involve heavy lifting and therefore should not disturb timing swinging the bat, that was my point which i see you failed to understand...thanks for playing noob

Insanity may affect timing slightly because if done correctly will make you slightly faster.

now no one can create fast twitch fibers you get what you get, Insanity will help you utilize what you do have....again if done right.

Hammerin' Hank

Addicted to Softballfans
i have been weight training for 6 months now and havent notcied a difference in my swing or timing. I havent taken too much BP lately, but the few times ive been in the cages, its been the same...

Spider12

Banned User

It's called plyometrics you imbecile..... You don't have to lift weights to get stronger. When you are stronger it may disturb your timing.... ON a positive note, I started at 236lbs, did insanity for a week (did other exercise prior to insanity) I started at 236lbs got down to 215, now I 209lbs.... I feel stronger (even though I didn't lift weights) lighter and just quicker..... Can't wait to continue this awesome regiment of eating healthy and working out, next step.... QUIT SMOKING!!!!!

Stretch19

Grow up
im well aware of that and never did i claim you needed to lift weights to become stronger...read the post i initially replied to and then read my reply and it should make sense to you. if for whatever reason it still doesnt after you read them again, im not sure theres much help for you to be quite honest...

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
With plyometrics you're limited by the amount/strength of your fast twitch muscle. If you're not lifting weights you're really limiting what plyometrics can do.

Stretch19

Grow up
im still failing to see how you didnt grasp the concept that was laid out...lets see if i can break it down to help you follow along

-Guy brought up what should be done after "heavy lifting" to avoid feeling very stiff
-I mentioned that Insanity didnt involve "heavy lifting"
-Somehow your lack of reading comprehension made you think that because I said Insanity didnt involve "heavy lifting" somehow I felt that Insanity couldnt make you stronger
-I replied that wasnt what was said
-You called me a moron, yet you failed you use the proper form of "youre"
-You and Hammerin Hank failed to see the irony behind someone who is unable to use the proper form or words calling someone else a moron

anything else i can help explain today?

Hammerin' Hank

Addicted to Softballfans
im still failing to see how you didnt grasp the concept that was laid out...lets see if i can break it down to help you follow along

-Guy brought up what should be done after "heavy lifting" to avoid feeling very stiff
-I mentioned that Insanity didnt involve "heavy lifting"
-Somehow your lack of reading comprehension made you think that because I said Insanity didnt involve "heavy lifting" somehow I felt that Insanity couldnt make you stronger
-I replied that wasnt what was said
-You called me a moron, yet you failed you use the proper form of "youre"
-You and Hammerin Hank failed to see the irony behind someone who is unable to use the proper form or words calling someone else a moron
anything else i can help explain today?

i see the irony, but this is still a message board. Whats next? punctuation corrections?

stjLF4

Addicted to Softballfans
i see the irony, but this is still a message board. Whats next? punctuation corrections?

The first question mark shouldn't be there, it needs a different form of punctuation. I see what you did there...

So Insanity is gtg? Planning to do it after x2 is done in May.

AdamDawgDude

Addicted to Softballfans
Fit Test Results

I got sick (flu) the very first day and my fit test increases are a bit inflated. However, I've been very pleased with my results. I have 5 workouts remaining this week and then one more week to complete the program.

I did the fit test video where you have a short warm-up and about 1 minute in between each exercise.

untitled-14.jpg

DSNuts48

Badass
I always laugh at the globe jump numbers. Just because I know how hard they are and how exhausted you are at that point. When you start the fit test you're like, "Oh getting more than 8 won't be a problem." then you get to globe jumps and you only get to 9 or 10.

AdamDawgDude

Addicted to Softballfans
You're right. I was really busting it to get that number. It takes a while to make it all the way around and power jumps kill me. I was completely gassed after that and struggled to get through the suicides. My numbers start strong, but the last three exercises were really a grind.

It's nice to see the numbers go up though. I remember my first couple of attempts at the fit test. I was a goner after switch kicks. :D

I always laugh at the globe jump numbers. Just because I know how hard they are and how exhausted you are at that point. When you start the fit test you're like, "Oh getting more than 8 won't be a problem." then you get to globe jumps and you only get to 9 or 10.

bluejay1

The Great Wantabe
myfitnesspal app has made me lose 11 pounds in 2 weeks. def everyone should check it out. It will shock you how many calories you eat a day when you are watching it.

AdamDawgDude

Addicted to Softballfans
Thought you guys might be interested in my results from Insanity. I finished it on Saturday. I started at about 178 pounds and weighed in at 172 this weekend. However, I lost about 3 inches on my waist and had a to buy several new pairs of pants. I was playing softball in a 36" and I have no prayer of wearing them now.

We started up our season last week and I felt good even though I was still doing the workout and pretty sore. I'm excited about playing this week after having some for my muscles to rebuild and losing the soreness.

dford42

Addicted to Softballfans
I started week 5 on Monday and its REAL intense. Of course it didnt help that I was coming back from a 4 day trip to Myrtle with my buds. Should see some good results here the last four weeks.

AdamDawgDude

Addicted to Softballfans
I started week 5 on Monday and its REAL intense. Of course it didnt help that I was coming back from a 4 day trip to Myrtle with my buds. Should see some good results here the last four weeks.

Good job. You're well on your way. The second month is tougher, but you're in better shape and can handle it. I felt like I struggled more in the first month. I've been finished for about a week and I took this week off--lost a couple of pounds anyway. You'll really start to notice changes as you complete the second half.

Rather than start a new thread, I figured I would search and found this thread...

I am on day 3 today of Insanity...definitely "thought" I was in decent shape...until the last two days. I spent a good 5 minutes after day 2's workout face down on the floor...but I will keep pushing to get what I want. I got a son now that I have to live for...

so I guess this is just a bump for some moral support for everyone who may be working on this program Day 1 or Day 60

Also wanted to ask if most people doing Insanity use this as their only "workout" or do you still do outside work...have a friend who is also doing "Couch to 5k" I have no idea how he has survived the three weeks he has thus far.

dford42

Addicted to Softballfans
The only thing I added periodically was the upper body workout that he has included in the packet.