Intentionally Walked...in rec league

BBBD1969

Bigger than the game.
So we're down 16-5 to a tourney team playing in our rec league (allegedly they finished 12 out of 67 at States recently), 2 guys on base, bottom 5th, and they intentionally walk me.

Maybe they were scared of the ever popular 12-run HR?

Intentional walks in rec league. Holy cow. :rolleyes:

web gem

Addicted to Softballfans
Were you acting like a fool the whole game? They probably walked you just to piss you off.

AJ22

Super Moderator
The point of this thread?

Understand why members feel it is a hidden brag post ... there isn't any other explanation or answer to my question above is there?

b#7

CAPN MORGAN
So we're down 16-5 to a tourney team playing in our rec league (allegedly they finished 12 out of 67 at States recently), 2 guys on base, bottom 5th, and they intentionally walk me.

You're too big for this game Bob.:p

AshAid28

Coach

are you known to go deep? if so think of it this way, you jack a 3run bomb it's 16-8..then the guys behind you hit and once you know it the score is like 16-12..anything can happen in Softball...no lead is safe imho...take the walk if they give it!!!!

B~TOWN

Addicted to Softballfans
Doesn't everyone on this board get walked everytime because they strike fear with there 450 ft bombs and .900 plus averages. On the real though been there and it's a bull**** move but it is what it is .

Pinky12

I love teh PINK!
I'll walk a dude no matter what the level I'm playing if there's runners on and he's a hr threat, especially of we're either losing or up by only a few runs. Like previously stated, anything can happen in softball. But your situation I would just made you pop to third

BBBD1969

Bigger than the game.
You're too big for this game Bob.:p

Haha! Yeah Brian what would softball do without me?

Seriously tho...rec league, 11 run lead, come on let's just play. Whatever. I did end up scoring but we lost 16-8.

BBBD1969

Bigger than the game.
You were probably talking **** about them sandbagging so they put you on.

No its softball...the day I talk **** about softball is the day I stop playing and start playing with Barbie Dolls. I talk to my team, encourage them, but never understood smack talk by grown men in a game invented for girls.

BBBD1969

Bigger than the game.
Did you blow middle to get your 2/2? Otherwise I'd pitch to you.

No I don't hit middle---I'm a pretty dead pull hitter. If I do go to RF the pitch has to be just right and normally its a bomb to RC.

My 2/2 was a bomb and a linedrive single between 5/6.

Nope---I'm 43 with two bad knees, one bad ankle, and one bad elbow. I play to play, knowing my team will probably lose as much as we win; I have no desire for middle wars or garbage talk or any of that nonsense.

BBBD1969

Bigger than the game.
Doesn't everyone on this board get walked everytime because they strike fear with there 450 ft bombs and .900 plus averages. On the real though been there and it's a bull**** move but it is what it is .

Actually its 475' bombs and .995 average. :D

Yeah I was surprised---if the game was close I could understand, or if there were 2 outs and nobody on. I just took the walk. Eh, whatever.

BBBD1969

Bigger than the game.
I'll walk a dude no matter what the level I'm playing if there's runners on and he's a hr threat, especially of we're either losing or up by only a few runs. Like previously stated, anything can happen in softball. But your situation I would just made you pop to third

Like I said I would've understood in a close game (they did have the hammer tho), but intentional walks with an 11-run lead?

Anyway I don't even remember the last time I ever popped out to third, but if you're ever down this way shoot me a PM and we can get together for some BP. Maybe for every time you get me to pop out on the IF I owe you $100; for every hit you owe me $100. LMK.