LTB iPhone 5 Home Chargers

yahtzee3

I'm looking to pickup a couple iPhone 5 chargers, not looking to break the bank let me know if anyone has some good deals on them.

Thanks

Sonic625

An Admin
Staff member
Beware of the cheap >$10 chargers/cables, I have tried 3 different ones:
1. lasted 2 plug ins and the 8 pin connector stayed in the phone when I went to unplug it (1 sale a day)
2. lasted 2 weeks and did the same thing (1 sale a day)
3. lasted about a month and half of daily plug ins and then started shorting out (ebay)
I paid a total of $14 for the 3 so I knew it was a chance of crappy quality but I have used the iPhone 4 charger cables from the same places and still using some for my ipod so figured it was ok for the 8 pin.

superfonzie

MILE HI HEEL'Billy
apple device needs apple accessories...

1. lasted 2 plug ins and the 8 pin connector stayed in the phone when I went to unplug it (1 sale a day)
3. lasted about a month and half of daily plug ins and then started shorting out (ebay)
I paid a total of $14 for the 3 so I knew it was a chance of crappy quality but I have used the iPhone 4 charger cables from the same places and still using some for my ipod so figured it was ok for the 8 pin.

tru dat COACH

... been burned by car chargers and adapters "that are compatible w genuine apple products" ... only use apple w apple and oranges w oranges ... you get what you pay for and if you wanna pay once and get quality products buy OEM products

Superfonzie

doubles

Addicted to Softballfans
did any of these generic ones stop working with ios7? heard that might/did happen but wasn't sure.

another reason to buy the apple cables.

Phantomblack

Addicted to Softballfans
I purchased an aftermarket cable for $5 that works fine with IOS 7. The last two I bought were beat, but I got my money back. I'll post links if a mod allows it.

dj714

Addicted to Softballfans
I use the after market cable with with original apple block wall charger

Check out this place .hdaccessory.

Last edited:

WeaponX

Addicted to Softballfans
monoprice is built to apple's certified standards at 1/4 of the price. Cant go wrong there! I got 2 home chargers for $26

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year

get the amazon one.

JStout863

Softball is Dumb
I bought some off Amazon. If you buy the ones made by amazon.. the Amazon Basic ones..they are 100% Apple approved and work great.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keep in mind that for those looking into the 30-pin to lightning adapter, they don't all support audio playback, like Apple's or those certified to Apple specs...

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
I have had terrible luck with the non-Apple ones for the Iphone 5 and new Ipad. I got a car charger from Target (forget what brand, but its the only brand they had) that has worked well so far.

ohmsy

SwingLevelRunLikeTheDevil

They also cut down your battery life.

BD44

I'm Brian a Bat Addict
I bought the Amazon Apple certified longer cord and it works flawlessly. I will provide a link...

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B3OA7R8/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com: AmazonBasics USB A to Lightning Compatible Cable - Apple Certified - Black (6 Feet/1.8 Meter): MP3 Players & Accessories@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41p3C82XdLL.@@AMEPARAM@@41p3C82XdLL[/ame]

This is the one I got.