It's just league bruh

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
I play cause I love the game. Don't care if it's league (that includes coed) or tourney. I just wanna play! Only playing in tournaments doesn't make you a better player... just makes you ****ier and we all remember that douche who's ****y on the field! Be careful...

Country35

Banned User
I play cause I love the game. Don't care if it's league (that includes coed) or tourney. I just wanna play! Only playing in tournaments doesn't make you a better player... just makes you ****ier and we all remember that douche who's ****y on the field! Be careful...

please tell me how playing more games against better competitions makes you ****tier then playing co-ed twice a week....please explain this

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS

Don't waste your breath..............These guys are too good and too cool to give an effort in league. I forget I'm surrounded by softball royalty sometimes.....You'd do well to remember this too.

Swilldog

Everyone loves bombs!
cash and paid berths matter.....it pays for more softball

ya $250 bucks towards a team tournament in some other state that costs ya personally like $400-$600 to go play in for hotels, cars and flights. We did win a C tournament like 15yrs ago that paid $4000 or some **** but even then still cost me some cake to go.

Country35

Banned User
it was co ckier... not ****tier. Filter kicked in...

being ****y has nothing to do with it.....thats a personal thing. Guys who are douches at league are usually the league heros who make league out to be the world. Argue calls all the time and fuss non stop, tourney players here rarely get excited for league and jsut play and leave, no fuss , no roosterish stuff, just hi get me my swings and i leave

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
Don't waste your breath..............These guys are too good and too cool to give an effort in league. I forget I'm surrounded by softball royalty sometimes.....You'd do well to remember this too.

I did forget this. Thank you for keeping me in line. If only I could be God's gift to softball too... :( :confused: :rolleyes:

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
being ****y has nothing to do with it.....thats a personal thing. Guys who are douches at league are usually the league heros who make league out to be the world. Argue calls all the time and fuss non stop, tourney players here rarely get excited for league and jsut play and leave, no fuss , no roosterish stuff, just hi get me my swings and i leave

The biggest douches I've encountered in the game are always in tournament play... not league!

Country35

Banned User
ya $250 bucks towards a team tournament in some other state that costs ya personally like $400-$600 to go play in for hotels, cars and flights. We did win a C tournament like 15yrs ago that paid $4000 or some **** but even then still cost me some cake to go.

still its 25 bucks you saved when you'd already be playing anyway, alot better then some dumb plaque to give to a sponso

Swilldog

Everyone loves bombs!
For me softball is just something to do now... I have to admit I am playin some over 40 world thing in a few weeks but I am sure that will be a joke as well lol.

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
my league teams are good, if you have a problem with that I'm sorry, I'm not changin it

at tourneys tho, we are talking about league, thats another thread for another day

Weren't tourneys brought into the equation in this thread? ijs

Country35

Banned User
Weren't tourneys brought into the equation in this thread? ijs

we are discussing league play, no I havent seen tourney behavior being discussed here....there are always more douches at tourney that goes unsaid cuz it means more so douches get in douche mode more

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
we are discussing league play, no I havent seen tourney behavior being discussed here....there are always more douches at tourney that goes unsaid cuz it means more so douches get in douche mode more

Well if you're gonna rag on people who play league because you personally think that tourney play is where it's at (and only where it's at), then don't be surprised when someone else talks about how douchey you are and people who are tournament-only focused

Swilldog

Everyone loves bombs!
wait I can fix all this I think.. Yes there is a need for players like swing that will do what needs to be done so players like myself can play the way we do and still compete. Not EVERYONE needs to play for blood but yep some do.

Last edited:

Country35

Banned User
Well if you're gonna rag on people who play league because you personally think that tourney play is where it's at (and only where it's at), then don't be surprised when someone else talks about how douchey you are and people who are tournament-only focused

I never "ragged on people" for playing league. I simply said I dont put forth as much effort in league cuz I dont need to. If thats douchey, then I will be a douche, its just the truth. Tourney play is where its at if you desire to play the best teams and best brand of ball. Are there good leagues, yes. Are they all over the place, no. Is an average E tourney better then most leagues, yes. If you fervently defend leagues and contradict the general consensus that toruney ball is alot better, then dont be suprised when people assume you're either not good at softball or ignorant about the game.

Softball101tc

Addicted to Softballfans
I never "ragged on people" for playing league. I simply said I dont put forth as much effort in league cuz I dont need to. If thats douchey, then I will be a douche, its just the truth. Tourney play is where its at if you desire to play the best teams and best brand of ball. Are there good leagues, yes. Are they all over the place, no. Is an average E tourney better then most leagues, yes. If you fervently defend leagues and contradict the general consensus that toruney ball is alot better, then dont be suprised when people assume you're either not good at softball or ignorant about the game.

Perfect point, but I give a **** about everything that I do. I'm not out for blood, but I am out to play well.

ns09

Addicted to Softballfans
I slid last week going to 3rd. Ripped my leg wide open. I'm gonna put forth effort..... But I'm not gonna hit middle, take a walk, or try and break up double plays.

Country35

Banned User
I slid last week going to 3rd. Ripped my leg wide open. I'm gonna put forth effort..... But I'm not gonna hit middle, take a walk, or try and break up double plays.

so you only try when it benefits you directly, and not the team? That doesnt make much sense.