It's official, Anna's with Rawlings now!

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
She actually gamed her 206 this weekend at SS & 3B, she's probably pitched 10+ games with it already but wasn't ready to give up her old custom Vinci on the left side of the infield just yet. She told me after we got rained out late Saturday night, it's her full time gamer now!

For a kid who loves the single break heel and thumb to index break of her old glove, this 206 is like a soup bowl compared to her old Vinci, very wide & deep! IMG_0016.JPG IMG_0024.JPG IMG_0028.JPG IMG_0029.JPG IMG_0030.JPG IMG_0031.JPG
Even though she's wearing it traditional with index finger in, it's closing thumb to ring finger. Our last game Saturday night got rained out in the bottom of the 5th. This game was the winner go to the championship between the two teams that were playing on the field next to us....we got jumped on, down 5-0 right off the bat:rolleyes:. We fought and scratched our way back to a 5-5 tie. We were playing in a pretty good downpour, once the momentum changed the other coaches started crying it was raining too hard and had the HP ump call the TD to the field, he called it off......tie 5-5:mad: Local team vs. us!!

Funny thing, those coaches kept their mouths shut while our girls were on the field getting hammered with rain! We had 2 girls on with no outs, timer was off, finish the inning.....we were absolutely going to score that winning run!

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
it hurts to think about squatting that far down. don't think i could get back up. nice to see that she wears the face protection over there at third.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
At 3B and pitching, it’s a no brainer! She still tries to buck me about not wearing it at SS. We’ve got too much money invested into her beautiful smile! A lot of college coaches are finally coming around with the whole facemask issue, a lot of them say or think it shows a sign of weakness, but yet they’re not paying the medical bills when the girls lose some teeth or get a broken nose! I see a day coming when it’s mandatory for pitchers and corners to wear face protection.

etn, I love watching her two approaches to the way she gets into position between 3B and SS. At SS, she basically stands and when the pitcher is at the top of her backswing, she creeps or bounces into her position, and being a pitcher, she knows every pitch call and where the pitch “should” be located, and hopefully where it “should” be hit to......At ~40 feet from home plate, 3B is pretty much reaction!

MaverickAH

Refresh my rapidly shrinking memory. Her Vinci was which model?

Something that I've been advocating for a long time now is the bowl shaped glove for softball. A bowl shaped glove, broken in thumb to pinkie (or as close to it as the glove will allow), is optimal for softball. Especially for modified or fast pitch infield.

What's going on in Pic #2? Rain or wet field? Was the glove purchase used?

The wide stance makes it easier to get into that position. A necessity if you're playing 3B. The fielding mask? I get it...... I understand it....... Especially for infielders. Better safe than sorry....... I actually officiated a game last month where every fielder on one team was wearing one. Even the outfielders! Granted, this was a team of novices.

Jchap

I can't believe she used a brand new glove in a downpour. That is what a backup glove is for (now the Vinci?).

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Hey Maverick, her Vinci was a custom that Casedawg had made, no model number. It's a 12" tan Kip leather frame with a black H-web. Probably as close to a Pro1000-HC as a glove can get without being a Rawlings.

Yeah, pouring rain, nasty wet field. She's never on the field with inexperienced, rec type girls, she almost 100% plays showcase, this weekends tournament was actually an ASA bracket type tournament. Probably been close to a year since we played a bracket tourney and I've missed it. You know, playing real ball, small ball, hitting behind runners, etc. Not swinging out of your cleats the way the coaches want you to do in showcase. Here's her Vinci when new, Rous gave it a complete going over including new inserts and I've re-laced the web and fingers 6 or 7 times! It's been a great glove for her but it's shot!101.jpg 108.jpg

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Rain won't hurt it. Just make sure it dries thoroughly. If you have given it a light coat of beeswax on top of the Lexol, the rain REALLY won't matter.

And, man, those are some OLD pics of that Vinci!!!

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Rain won't hurt it. Just make sure it dries thoroughly. If you have given it a light coat of beeswax on top of the Lexol, the rain REALLY won't matter.

And, man, those are some OLD pics of that Vinci!!!
Christmas Day, 12U. Been a heck of a journey! I swear I took some pics of it not looking so pretty, can’t find them?

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Maverick and Rous, here’s a few pics of Anna’s old Vinci, seriously got my money out of this glove 6 or 7 times over!
What the pics don’t show is the holes in the liner, her middle and ring fingers are through the liner and touch each other, but she’ll still use it in a minute! Guys, this glove has made MANY a girl take a right at 1B and go sit back down:D

Last edited:

NYC

Swag on 100.
I can see why she likes thumb to index with that vinci. Narrow heel with what looks like a glove better suited for the single break point. I like gloves like that as well. My 302 custom wants a single break point but still somehow closes thumb to ring. Nice and deep pocket on it.

huntaholic21

Addicted to Softballfans
View attachment 41050 View attachment 41049 View attachment 41048 View attachment 41047 View attachment 41046 Maverick and Rous, here’s a few pics of Anna’s old Vinci, seriously got my money out of this glove 6 or 7 times over!
What the pics don’t show is the holes in the liner, her middle and ring fingers are through the liner and touch each other, but she’ll still use it in a minute! Guys, this glove has made MANY a girl take a right at 1B and go sit back down:D

Looks like the heel and thumb pad are 1 piece. No built in hinge.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Hey guys, in the big picture I’m still fairly new around here, and I hope it don’t bother some guys here cause I’m always going on about fastpitch and my daughter. Bottom line is I love gloves, I love ball, regardless if it’s fastpitch, slow pitch, or baseball........and I love my daughter!!

So for anyone here who wants to see someone succeed and advance, I need some good vibes, some prayers, some positive thoughts.......Anna has her first official visit at a D2 school at 10:00 in the morning, she’s NERVOUS!!! For a visit, what’s odd is the HC emailed Anna today and told her to bring all her gear and her physical papers?? Does that sound normal for a visit? Sounds like she’s going to practice Anna with her team?

Anyway, just wanted to throw this out there, probably no sleep tonight.....

Gators21

Manager
Sounds very exciting. Looking forward to hear how it went! As someone who coached my daughter 4 seasons of softball before she gave it up a few years back, I really enjoy your Anna posts!

NYC

Swag on 100.
Hey guys, in the big picture I’m still fairly new around here, and I hope it don’t bother some guys here cause I’m always going on about fastpitch and my daughter. Bottom line is I love gloves, I love ball, regardless if it’s fastpitch, slow pitch, or baseball........and I love my daughter!!

So for anyone here who wants to see someone succeed and advance, I need some good vibes, some prayers, some positive thoughts.......Anna has her first official visit at a D2 school at 10:00 in the morning, she’s NERVOUS!!! For a visit, what’s odd is the HC emailed Anna today and told her to bring all her gear and her physical papers?? Does that sound normal for a visit? Sounds like she’s going to practice Anna with her team?

Anyway, just wanted to throw this out there, probably no sleep tonight.....
Sounds like she'll be playing some ball tomorrow. If she's nervous I would just remind her that it's something she's been doing her whole life, don't sweat it. Good luck!

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Yesterday was a very long, very tiring day! Left at 8:00am to meet the HC at the admissions building at 10:00am, 90 mile drive from home. The HC and the AC sit with us through the 30 minute presentation at admissions.

There was actually two other players invited on this visit with Anna, and those two girls were players!! So three players and roughly 20 other juniors and seniors there to listen to this speaker.

After the 30 minute talk, another guy comes and gets everyone for the campus tour, the HC & AC actually walked with us through the tour. The tour was cut short for the 3 players, both coaches took the players and parents, finished the majority of the tour and then took us to the dining hall and ate lunch with all of us, very cool!

After we ate she had the 3 players get dressed and we were to meet at the softball complex at 1:00. The HC told us about a scrimmage that had been going on between her team for a while, a death match if you will, and there was a pretty big bet riding on this scrimmage! After the 3 girls were introduced to the team, the HC threw them to the wolves!!

One of the 3 girls was a big stud pitcher who has already had 4 different offers.
Guys, in showcase, or at invite or prospect camps, or at tryouts, this whole process is about seizing the moment and capitalizing on a small sliver of opportunity!! Anna did that yesterday, and then some! There's been tons of times when a better player didn't get an offer because she didn't shine when the opportunity presented itself and a lesser player did......

Anna went 2 for 2 with two laser base hits, and even better, her 3rd AB was against a senior on that team who got Anna in a 0-2 hole on the first 2 pitches, Anna fought her way back to a walk, she scored 2 of the 4 runs. She played 2 innings at 3B and 2 at SS, she made a backhand play in the hole behind a diving 3B, planted and threw the girl out by a step. She pitched two innings, had 4 strikeouts, gave up one hit. Several girls hit her hard but right at players for outs, these are seniors in college, they should hit the ball!

Okay, we finish, we’re in the car at 4:30, at 4:58.....28 minutes after we leave, the HC calls Anna and tells her she did awesome and it was so fun to watch her, one of the most memorable visits she’s seen in a while..........this is her words, she said I want your bat in my lineup now!! And I'd love to have you come and play for me and this university!!!! Proud dad here, I swear I had to fight the tears back! I told her all the hard work, all the extra work on her own with just me and her, all the private lessons just paid off in this small 3.5 hour span!

Anna has a 4.2 GPA now and the coach knows that, Monday we have to email the HC her class ranking and sign Anna up to take her SAT test. This is the only thing I've written or posted about it, just to you guys! Nothing's been signed and money hasn't been discussed yet, just a verbal commit right now. Her TB head coach is the only one who knows, no Facebook, Anna knows no Instagram. We're playing in a showcase right now in SC, her teammates don't even know! We want it to be official before we say anything.

Anna seized the moment, that's without a doubt what sealed the deal, I don't know any details about the other two girls, as a former coach, I'd take both of them in a minute to play for me, great ball players!
That stud pitchers dad came up to me and shook my hand and said, if they only make an offer to one girl, it'll definitely be your daughter, she showed out today!! Then he said she's a hell of a player, you should be proud!!! Proud I am, just wanted to give you guys a few details.

Since it's not official yet, I'll just say this, that assistant coach is leading the NPF in homeruns this year:cool:.

Last edited:

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Yep, same with fastpitch. We felt like it was going to happen before Christmas but you never know? She had/has 3 schools on her radar, this school and this coach was her #1 pick!

Anna’s BF, he too is a junior and is being looked at by 3 or 4 schools as a pitcher. Girls are ruthless, man she’s been dogging him for getting recruited before him! Revenge is pretty sweet though, yesterday Anna gave up a bomb late in a game, her BF said to her “good thing your college coach didn’t see that, good Lord!!” Yeah, we died laughing at her.