It's official, Anna's with Rawlings now!

moren025

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks, it screams at me every time I walk by it, “are you going to play with me?” Between work and softball, no time for the 69 lately.
Totally understand, have a 65 mustang coupe in a primer state right now (bad deals with a couple of body shops) and with a one year old now, no time or money to work on it.
But you have to take it to the field one sunny day!

Wally Gator

Starting Player
Congratulations! How exciting is this moment in time!! I like how she mentioned education first - smart girl.
"Good looking and smart, there's so few of us."

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey Maverick, her Vinci was a custom that Casedawg had made, no model number. It's a 12" tan Kip leather frame with a black H-web. Probably as close to a Pro1000-HC as a glove can get without being a Rawlings.

Yeah, pouring rain, nasty wet field. She's never on the field with inexperienced, rec type girls, she almost 100% plays showcase, this weekends tournament was actually an ASA bracket type tournament. Probably been close to a year since we played a bracket tourney and I've missed it. You know, playing real ball, small ball, hitting behind runners, etc. Not swinging out of your cleats the way the coaches want you to do in showcase. Here's her Vinci when new, Rous gave it a complete going over including new inserts and I've re-laced the web and fingers 6 or 7 times! It's been a great glove for her but it's shot!View attachment 40982 View attachment 40983

I finally stumbled on a pic of when I finished reviving the good-old Vinci in June of 2015.

after3_zps2prsnvpa.jpg

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Haha, shipped it to you practically as we were walking out the door going to the Outer Banks on vacation! I really tested you on this one, we had to have it back I think by Monday the following week and you came through like a champ! Man that seems like a lifetime ago! I’m sure I probably never thanked you enough back then for making that happen.........thanks Rous!

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I was glad to be able to help. My record turn around was 3 hours. Glove arrived at 2:00pm, I was at the post office just before close the same day. Not a lot of in depth cleaning or conditioning, but the guy was only without his glove for 4 days!

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
We're playing in a showcase in frozen Myrtle beach. We drew a late start for our first game today. Anna stayed in bed and I was waiting for the door to open at 9:00 at the Rawlings outlet store.

The store manager was a young kid named Jim, super nice and very helpful. If anyone is interested, he had one NP6 Seager left. It had a tag of $179.95 on it with an additional $25.00 off!

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Myrtle Beach Rawlings Store - best vacation ever!
Man it was cold today, we went 4-0 on the day!! Our pitching, all 3 pitchers were on fire today. Anna was an RBI machine today

Wally, the Rawlings outlet was pretty nice, I guess I was expecting wall to wall horween? Not that I was disappointed, I guess I was just so excited to see the place. Definitely geared towards young baseball players and their parents money!

But again, the manager couldn't have been any nicer! I bought nice coaches jacket with the "R" logo on it and I carried around a 2017 Rawlings Quatro bat that was marked down from $299 to $160!

Wally Gator

Starting Player
Yeah, cold at Myrtle Beach would stink. The Rawlings Orlando store is a good size. They've got some nice player's gloves behind glass. Just like your experience, the workers were really cool taking out some gloves for pics. I really liked Adam Jones' glove. The Palm Beach store is 2 hours from my mom's place in Cape Canaveral and I made that trip a few years ago only to be disappointed with a smaller store with nothing special in it. I did head across town to Superstar Sports and that was a great Rawlings destination, but recent IG posts show they've got less Rawlings and more Wilson's. Nice baseball store.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
6A694C69-1566-462D-893E-06DED0DFF36F.jpeg Man, girls are rough on an old man, they were ragging on me hard about my trusty orange bucket, calling it my man purse! Very proud of my girls this weekend, they went 6-0 in the early signing showcase in Myrtle Beach! MB has been real good to us, we went 5-1 last year in this same showcase.

My bucket is first off a seat! A seat I use to catch all 3 pitchers, it always has two gloves, my phone, my wallet, my keys, 5 good high seam pitching balls, $10 to $20 worth of loose change and small bills and sunscreen. If someone ever took it at a tournament, I’d be seriously screwed!

moren025

Addicted to Softballfans
View attachment 41978 Man, girls are rough on an old man, they were ragging on me hard about my trusty orange bucket, calling it my man purse! Very proud of my girls this weekend, they went 6-0 in the early signing showcase in Myrtle Beach! MB has been real good to us, we went 5-1 last year in this same showcase.

My bucket is first off a seat! A seat I use to catch all 3 pitchers, it always has two gloves, my phone, my wallet, my keys, 5 good high seam pitching balls, $10 to $20 worth of loose change and small bills and sunscreen. If someone ever took it at a tournament, I’d be seriously screwed!
What about the sunflower seeds ;-)

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
992A825A-3A16-4473-8EAC-A7FC83BFB967.jpeg Haven’t posted anything about Anna lately, today was Carolina Elite college commit photo shoot day!

Very impressive seeing 12 or 13 college committed young ladies having their photos taken today!

The president of our organization owns this indoor hitting facility, when you first walk in, the first thing you see are these 5’x3’ posters of every committed girl hanging on the wall, very cool. So today was a very proud day for me, a day we’ve both waited on since first year 14U!

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Moved 4 Vinci gloves so far this week, sold two new 12" customs for really good deals, gave away that RV1961 that Rous just re-laced, and gave away a catchers mitt that I haven't seen in probably a year! We're down to just Rawlings and my old A2000 XLO here at the house.

I do still have Anna's first custom Vinci which I'll never get rid of, here it is when it was new, a Christmas gift, definitely doesn't look like this now!101.jpg

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Wanted to give you guys an update...........

Bonehead is home for Christmas break, she finished her first semester with a 3.6 GPA, so that means no more two hour study hall which is mandatory for freshman. If you score over a 3.0 the first semester, you don’t have to go to study hall anymore. She says there’s juniors and seniors on this team who still have to go. o_O

Her little 5’0” frame lost 14 pounds this first semester, she’s definitely never EVER been this fit! She’s loving the weight training, and HATING the conditioning!! This college softball thing is a full time job, and Lord knows....... I hear all about it! :rolleyes:

The real grind starts in February with a 50 game Spring schedule, managing studies and softball is going to be tough with the traveling and missing classes. She’s going to have to put on her big girl pants!

Haven’t posted anything about Anna in awhile, thought I’d catch you guys up. Here’s one pic of her, not sure why I like it so much but I do. I *think* this was in the equipment room right before the Clemson game. Check out the size comparison!
0D39130B-7090-4158-A62F-27F3F42B838D.jpeg