J3U review......

snacks

Ok, as promised here is a video and review of the J3U.

temps: 11am 90 degrees! It's been hot as hell this week, topping 107 Friday and Saturday.
balls used: mix of well used and hot mush balls (44/375's and 44/400's)
field size: marked 315 LF, 340 LC, 425 CF, 370 RC, 296 RF corner

greenpark.jpg

Thoughts: the J3U hits the mush balls well but not in the conditions we were hitting in. It was hot, I was gassed after one round of pitching before my round of hitting and the balls were hot so they weren't getting much distance at all.
At the end of T0mmyb0y's round I threw in 2 44/400 single layer xrocks and a 44/400 ZN so you can see the difference with better balls which the J3U hits very well. ( the one I hit after league last week went 340 with the xrock)

the sweetspot is pretty big as a result of the forgiveness from the handle flex, the 28oz is heavy I'm used to 27oz bats. It is end loaded also more so than the J2U. The barrel isn't as crisp as the J2U but feels more like a OG Stadium to me.

I hate the new knob...I like to drop my pinky and unless you have really big hands its a little difficult. T0mmyb0y uses an overlap grip and he seemed ok with it. I switched to a traditional grip and it felt like I was choking up.

My vid....I hate it time for a diet lol
[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W2btZ36e8U[/ame]
T0mmyb0y
[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQXwFDp_1n0[/ame]

Here is my first S.ONE video...I was hiding it for awhile cause it was poop IMO.
I'm posting it for Dish cause I went sleeveless....I ended up blistering my shoulders smh.
www.vimeo.com/43008409
password is: knights

Last edited:

snacks

Not liking the sound so much. Seems awfully soft sounding

keep in mind those balls we were hitting had sat in the trunk all week and are WELL used. I hated hitting with the mushies for the video. Listen to the later few hits of Tommy's video...the good xrocks and ZN's sound WAY better and fly.

snacks

according to iowa I hit like a girl......I'm not going to dispute that, I didn't hit very well but I promised a video.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
You are a lot younger and heavier than your avatar. Is that an old profile pic?

Losdoyers13

Snacks you're a masher!! Lol good review...
I may stick to My j2u and not jump on the j3u right now... Have a few stadium 2's stashed but maybe later on when prices go down I'll grab one

snacks

Snacks you're a masher!! Lol good review...
I may stick to My j2u and not jump on the j3u right now... Have a few stadium 2's stashed but maybe later on when prices go down I'll grab one

It was a less than average performance, I didn't want to post this garbage but it is what it is.

Mush balls are horrible. Good game balls FLY off this bat.

LOL He has found the fountain of youth, but he misread the serving size.:D:D

J/K I love you Snacks.

lol ouch....you cut me deep.

Losdoyers13

It was a less than average performance, I didn't want to post this garbage but it is what it is.

Mush balls are horrible. Good game balls FLY off this bat.

lol ouch....you cut me deep.

Mush balls=Like hitting a pair of socks rolled up!

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
Well you can't be to hard on your hitting when the pitching is that terrible. I could only watch 15 swings each and not sure I saw a strike. Sounded pretty close to J2U on most hits and than the good hard hits on ss had more stadium sound. I am hoping I can get up to Canton and hit with Goose this week but damn heat has been rediculous. Spent day on lake and it was still hot as hell.

chazerous

Whats the latest on release dates? I asked the FH im trying to get one from but he said he hadnt heard yet.

Goosepimp

Insane Dedication
Well you can't be to hard on your hitting when the pitching is that terrible. I could only watch 15 swings each and not sure I saw a strike. Sounded pretty close to J2U on most hits and than the good hard hits on ss had more stadium sound. I am hoping I can get up to Canton and hit with Goose this week but damn heat has been rediculous. Spent day on lake and it was still hot as hell.

just text me your plans ;) :D