Just turned 50 and joining sr league

Murph095

Aluminum to composite
hi guys, been a member here for 16 years but haven’t played competing since 2009. I have played last 9 years in an aluminum only league. I have not paid attention to bat technology at all. My last bats and 1 of my favorites was the Worth JH120. So anyways, when I heard I could swing an Ultra 2, I immediately ordered 1. I see there are a couple of versions of this bat. I got the all black 1 that looks like the original. I also have a buddy who reps Demarini and he has a signature bat tha came out this year. He swears by it so I have 1 of them coming as well. I have read some of the reviews on here and watched some on YouTube. I’m figuring there has to be something wrong with the Miken because if it’s is anything like when they first came out, don’t know why anybody would swing anything else. So what am I missing ?

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
hi guys, been a member here for 16 years but haven’t played competing since 2009. I have played last 9 years in an aluminum only league. I have not paid attention to bat technology at all. My last bats and 1 of my favorites was the Worth JH120. So anyways, when I heard I could swing an Ultra 2, I immediately ordered 1. I see there are a couple of versions of this bat. I got the all black 1 that looks like the original. I also have a buddy who reps Demarini and he has a signature bat tha came out this year. He swears by it so I have 1 of them coming as well. I have read some of the reviews on here and watched some on YouTube. I’m figuring there has to be something wrong with the Miken because if it’s is anything like when they first came out, don’t know why anybody would swing anything else. So what am I missing ?
They are pretty fragile compared to other senior bats seen alot of broken one under 100 swings.

camjo23

Addicted to Softballfans
All the newer 2pc seniors are super hot....depends on what feels good in your hands....

Dogue

Evil Genius
Try out some Adidas, Dudley, Miken bats if you can. Nothing Combat has made for senior recently is anything great. You have to find what works best for your swing though.

Murph095

Aluminum to composite
Thanks guys, I played almost 25 years of competitive ball. B;C,D. I have mostly swung end loaded bats and have used a ton of Worth, Easton, Demarini, Miken bats over the years. I have been in a aluminum only league for last 9 years swinging original Worth ESTs. (Blue, Black, Gold) last composite bat I was in love with was the JH120. Loved and broke several of them. I prefer stiff handles on any 2 piece bat.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
General consensus is that Dudley and Adidas are top of the heap these days. The older dudleys though, not the newer ones. Personally, i game a og dudley 12" which is just nuts. For old time sake, i also swing a demarini geezer in seniors as well

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
Would recommend the older Dudley's for durability..can still find the 13" end loaded for a decent price.

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
The Easton Seniors are finally catching up. I got a one piece EL that hangs with any of my new senior bats. They are on the cheap also...My worth XL is pretty awesome also and cheap. Ultra II is AMAZING. You simply have to break the bat in...Hit it a couple hundred times and you will change your tune....Hottest bats I have ever owned are the all black senior stamp Ultra ll, but once broken in GAME ONLY.

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
Honestly, with a 44 375 senior ball, I often just swing USSSA so I don’t break my favorite senior bats. But, if HR needed OG Dudley 12 inch barrel EL or EL Melee is like cheating!