Just wondering Torque related

mike leonard

Addicted to Softballfans
Every thread I see everyone tapes their spinning handle so it won't spin. Personally I use an overlap grip so as far as I can tell the handle has never come into play for me. Does everyone who uses an overlap grip tape the handle up, and if so is there a reason for it? I'm pretty lazy and I like the grip on the torque so unless there is a good reason I will just leave mine as is.

Bunt Master

Addicted to Softballfans
I haven't touched mine, the movement of the handle is mostly gonna be noticeable if you think about it a lot. It doesn't bother me with any grip I've tried in bp.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
It keeps your hands in the zone longer, even with an overlap grip....

Last edited by a moderator:

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
The separation falls at an awkward spot for my overlap. My top hand only half overlaps and it partially sits on the stationary part. Mechanics of the thing don't really work if both hands are on the spinny part. Well they don't really work regardless. I would really be surprised if they kept this line for anyone outside of parents gullible enough to shell out the $$$.

glovinitup

Addicted to Softballfans
i am trying to ask seriously here and I know everyone posts it but you guys all have a torque.. is the torque worth ditching an OG helmer or is the helmer the top dog still? I have 2 that both pass compression still.

white_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
Ive tried mine taped and untaped. When it was taped is when I felt the handle twist (a single layer of tape). Personally I dont notice the handle spin even when I slowly dry swing. Some people are just pre-madonnas...

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ive tried mine taped and untaped. When it was taped is when I felt the handle twist (a single layer of tape). Personally I dont notice the handle spin even when I slowly dry swing. Some people are just pre-madonnas...

A lot of prima donnas too.

I think it's like the flexible Demarini handles, and if it doesn't cost more to make they'll keep it so it doesn't look like a mistake. If for nothing else, to keep their Baseball bats selling.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
A lot of prima donnas too.

I think it's like the flexible Demarini handles, and if it doesn't cost more to make they'll keep it so it doesn't look like a mistake. If for nothing else, to keep their Baseball bats selling.

I'm curious to see this too.

WillW3

Starting Player
i am trying to ask seriously here and I know everyone posts it but you guys all have a torque.. is the torque worth ditching an OG helmer or is the helmer the top dog still? I have 2 that both pass compression still.

Got an OG100h on the way, so I'll let you know soon after I BP a lot

zman025

Addicted to Softballfans
I just got a torqe in a trade utrip and asa , I tape all my bats the same way and use a overlap grip . I haven't really noticed any difference . I like the bats though .