KT Tape (Kisiology Tape)

Leftyvet

Addicted to Softballfans
Anybody tried the KT tape? I am thinking of getting some for my knee. Does it work? Do not want to waste my money!

nissben

Freakin Ninja
ive used it on my ankle...it works pretty well...but then again...i definitely didnt use it correctly according to the instructions lol!

STROKINSEEDS33

Addicted to Softballfans
This stuff is amazing.... I use it every summer. I have pulled a hamstring and a calf muscle this year and havent missed a game due to the KT tape..... Make sure you watch the video's on how to apply it and it works like a dream... I played 2 games after pulling my hammy on the same day I pulled it just by putting the KT tape on.....

jfsully

Addicted to Softballfans
I have been using it off and on for many years .... make sure you follow the instructions and watch the videos for correct use for your injury... (the Pro version tends to work better for me in high humidity Florida)

The key is to remember its not just for while you are playing, it is to help in the healing process and you should leave it on for a few days to assist in that process

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Been using it for a couple years.. not sure about healing but I feel it helps me get through my games.

Katzy63

The Veteran
This stuff is amazing!!! Was turned onto it about 5 years ago by the surgeon who reattached the ligament and tendon in my thumb. It helped with the swelling during the healing process as well. Since then I've used it to help with a shoulder problem with great results, although it will still need to be repaired soon. Another great use for it would be when you take a ball to the shin. Apply the tape to the whole goose egg and it will help the blood circulate better, speed up the healing process, and reduce the chance of a bacterial infection which can often happen due to the blood buildup on the spot of impact.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
I got turned on to it when I separated my shoulder. It really works to help with pain and speed up healing

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
This stuff is amazing!!! Was turned onto it about 5 years ago by the surgeon who reattached the ligament and tendon in my thumb. It helped with the swelling during the healing process as well. Since then I've used it to help with a shoulder problem with great results, although it will still need to be repaired soon. Another great use for it would be when you take a ball to the shin. Apply the tape to the whole goose egg and it will help the blood circulate better, speed up the healing process, and reduce the chance of a bacterial infection which can often happen due to the blood buildup on the spot of impact.
I was going to do this .. to my shin but didn't want to shave my leg :eek: so just putting ice on it and massage. Seems to be healing.

fldiverr

Addicted to Softballfans
The rehab folks used it on my shoulder after surgery while I was going through physical therapy. It was combined with several other recovery techniques, so I can't really say one way or another whether my rehab was faster because of it or not.

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
The people who helped with my double knee replacement which I had done on 11/01/2010 turned me onto this tape and it did wonders. I still use it to this day.
I play softballl 4 times per week and I play hockey twice a week also and without this tape, I would definitely not be ale to perform the way I can. Just make sure to follow the instructional videos etc. for proper application.

Bout350

Addicted to Softballfans
Started using it last night and it did seem to make a difference on my hamstring and knee. Not once did I think about my hammy running bases! It held up in 90*/95% humidity weather. Like everyone said, be sure to watch the video on how to apply it and do not apply it over hair...it will hurt like hell lol

Frank the Tank

Addicted to Softballfans
I use it on my knee and have used it for lower back pain as well. I suggest using the KT PRO Tape as it hold up better and as long as you are not a wookie you wont need to shave application area but as someone posted above WATCH THE VIDS ON YOUTUBE! Many different applications for different types of injuries. Awesome stuff though!

The_Murse

Part Time Player
Anyone use it for arm pain? The closest video I found for that was the golfers elbow video

Last edited:

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Started using it last night and it did seem to make a difference on my hamstring and knee. Not once did I think about my hammy running bases! It held up in 90*/95% humidity weather. Like everyone said, be sure to watch the video on how to apply it and do not apply it over hair...it will hurt like hell lol

So the only place I can use this is the palms of my hands and the soles of my feet?