Latest classy SNL move

James23

Hittin' Backside
Things like this made my decision to go with another company for my jerseys very easy. You can go on any of the topics for any of the companies and see that every company has negatives with them or their product at one time or another. Things happen during the process and sometimes there are mistakes. Some of them take care of you afterwards while others sit back and act like it is not there responsibility and then when they are called out on it get very very disrespectful to their customer. I have seen some things in these forums from James 23 that make me have no interest in working with this company. If you can't admit to a screw up or need to bash a customer because they didn't get what they expected maybe you shouldn't be in the profession you are in. It is in every trade that you make the customer happy. I have been in commercial construction for 6 years now and have realized that if the customer is not happy with your craftsmanship you fix it or they will go elsewhere. And when you are working on multi million dollar projects this is a huge. Either way you don't disrespect a customer because not only will you loose them but anyone else they can influence to not go with you.

Anyone who really knows me knows I'm the easiest person to work and get along with in the history of mankind. If you are honest with me and we made an error I correct it 100% of the time. 99.9% of the THOUSANDS of transactions we've handled in the last 5 years have been to the satisfaction of the customer.... but 2.5 people come on make something out of nothing and you get SICK AND TIRED of reading about it. The fact that everything takes what they are saying as the BIBLE is what irritates me the most. Ask Mr. Johnson who won the first dispute? The one that he never mentions in any of this.

jlope

<font color="Red">The OG SBF HOF'r</font>
Anyone who really knows me knows I'm the easiest person to work and get along with in the history of mankind. If you are honest with me and we made an error I correct it 100% of the time. 99.9% of the THOUSANDS of transactions we've handled in the last 5 years have been to the satisfaction of the customer.... but 2.5 people come on make something out of nothing and you get SICK AND TIRED of reading about it. The fact that everything takes what they are saying as the BIBLE is what irritates me the most. Ask Mr. Johnson who won the first dispute? The one that he never mentions in any of this.

See Joe, this is where you just don't get it. There is something and you basically just admitted it. In your eyes it's nothing because it benefits you and the people you serve. The fact is you have lost sight of the real people you serve, the customer. you have customers who expressed their displeasure and you do nothing but insult and/or ignore them. that my friend is a joke. if it is an issue to anyone, it's an issue, and an issue is definitely SOMETHING.

Be a professional, admit your crew ****ed up and fix the issues or just let it go. because at this point kid, you are the only ones on your side.

TXOutlaws

Coach
The fact that everything takes what they are saying as the BIBLE is what irritates me the most. Ask Mr. Johnson who won the first dispute? The one that he never mentions in any of this.

The only reason anyone takes his side is because you don't have a side.

He provided his "side" of the story...yet you guys retaliate with "that's not the whole story".

If your story had some backing behind it to sway us into believing he is a liar or is the one who is wrong doing you... I'm pretty sure you guys would have posted it already. The fact that you keep saying the same stuff, means you have no side.

mihklo

If our owner wants to come on here and tell you what really happened in this instance (not what JLope and Cooger try telling you happened) - then I'll let him. Its not my fight. All I'm telling you is to just believe everything out of these 2 guys mouths as 100% fact isn't something I'd do.

I seen the pics of the mess ups and numerous posts admitting to them not being fixed.
Dont really need to hear either side after seeing pics.

cooger5

Mulletman
joe
the dispute you won was a whole different order, it was for the next day order shipping i paid for but you sent ground... so before you thrown something out there, know what your speaking of....3 different disputes 1 for around $500 the other around$ 2300 which i won both disputes from my CC, the other was for around $100 which i lost because it was for shipping costs , which was paid via paypal not a CC

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!

You guys are a joke, Do I need to bring my messed up order back up after being told FU by your company, sad part is I had to order more for nationals from you clowns and those are the uni's that came right, and didn't match everyone elses f'd up ones.

jlope

^^^^^*seems like the 99.9% is decreasing and the 2.5 people is increasing. ;)

James23

Hittin' Backside
Rick doesn't have a SBFans account - so he asked me to post this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have never responded on the boards to positive or negative remarks by customers. When I hit send, I will not respond again. As a rule, I do not think it is professional to address things publicly.

However, it is necessary to respond to continued assaults from a couple of board members.

Over the last 2 years, we have taken in $400,000-$500,000 with paypal and have only had disputes with the Shinetime boys - Jaime Lopeman and Mike Johnson. This is a custom business and mistakes or miscommunications will happen. When dealing with reasonable people, some type of settlement is easily made.

Let's talk Treb and his shipping issue. So everyone knows, he got his shirts, on time, at the agreed to price, at the agreed shipping price, and has no complaint about the shirts. His complaint is that he paid for rush shipping and we grounded it to him - on time.

About a year ago, I brought in a consultant. Within 15 minutes, he saw that we lost over $30,000 in shipping. The reason was very simple. If we miss a ground ship deadline, we regularly upgrade shipping and pay for the difference. This is a practice that we still regularly do.

Without getting into detail, there are many variables into how and when projects are sewn. Thread color and delivery date are 2 very important issues. If possible, a pair of sewers can produce 5-10 more shirts a day if you limit their thread changes. It is common for jobs (especially rush jobs) to get thrown in early when we have the same thread color. When that happens, their jobs are done early and, if possible, we can save on their shipping.

On the back end, rush jobs push other jobs to or after their deadline. To get the customer his job on time, we expedite their shipping. In our eyes, the customer that got his job pushed back should not be penalized because we pressed his deadline. So, it costs us more on the back end for those customers to receive their shirts on time.

So, I have come up with 5 options - you figure out which is most fair.
1. All the customers pay the agreed to price for their shirts and shipping.
2. We refund the rush customer the difference in shipping and charge the customer who waited patiently for his shirts extra to hit his deadline.
3. We refund the rush customer the difference in shipping and miss the other customer's deadline.
4. We refund the rush customer the difference in shipping and we eat the expedited shipping charge. (Please note that is what we did in the past and I lost $30,000 in shipping last year.)
5. We refund the rush customer the difference in shipping and Treb agrees to pay the difference in rush charges.

This was explained to Treb on a couple of occasions. Either he is too stupid to figure it out or he is purposely not telling the whole story. I played ball with Treb - and he is no dummy.

Jaime Lopemann. (Shinetime)

After his initial order, he did a total of 39 garments. In order to make these garments, we did 77 mockups. He was NEVER charged an art charge. We would make a garment, then he would make more changes to mockups. It was very common to order from different mockups - old and new. See mockup 9 and 10 below to see the minor changes.

The problem is that he would order a shirt, then make repeated changes for his next order. Once a master file is made, the production staff has to figure out what minor changes he made to make 1 more shirt. Due to mix ups, 6 garments were given for free and 18 were discounted.

We have a reward/penalty system. Every shirt that passes through the shop, every person that works on it gets a small reward. For every mistake, the person making the mistake gets a fine. We had to waive the penalty on his jobs or no one would do his jobs.

Believe it or not, the last order we did for Jaime on January 15, 2011. Based on his posts, wouldn't you think we are constantly making mistakes on current orders?

Mike Johnson - the other Shinetime.

When we stopped producing for Lopemann, Johnson begged us to do his work, because he "wasn't the *******" (His words, not mine.)

Our problems with Johnson started on a rush order. He ordered 2 shirts and 2 pants with a delivery in less than 10 days. (I think it was actually 3 days). We guaranteed him the shirts, but the pants are sewn with a contractor and they take 1 week to sew. We said we would try. We overnighted the shirts, but the pants were done late and we grounded them out (at our expense).

When he got the package, he called our office. It was after hours. We have 10 extensions and he left a message on all 10 answering machines. I had 3 messages on my machine. In all seriousness, does a rational human being leave at least 13 messages after hours on answering machines?

When he called the next morning, I told him, "You are the biggest pain in the ass that we ever dealt with. Don't call us. Don't email us. Don't text us. We will never do another job for you." He called me a big man from Milwaukee and if he ever saw me on a softball diamond he would kick my ass. When he called me a douche bag and told me to suck his ****. I hung up.

When he called back he told me that if I did not give him back his money he would dispute every paypal and blow us up on the boards. We did not cave to his threat of extortion and guess what happened next.

Paypal ruled in our favor on all of the disputes. Then we got a reversal for $2800.

Mr. Johnson found out about a loophole in Paypal. If you pay through paypal with a credit card, then call the credit card and say you did not get what you ordered, the credit card company will give you back your money. Paypal must return the money to the credit card company and pull it from the seller. There is no dispute. Paypal can not even tell the seller who the credit card company is. The only recourse is to sue the buyer in civil court. The supervisor at paypal is upset because this is a growing problem and it usurps the ability of paypal to settle disputes.

There were 2 jobs that Mr. Johnson got his money back. On the first one, he wanted "Dodger blue". He said our color was 2 or 3 shades off. (To be honest, I have been doing color work for almost 20 years and am unsure what "dodger blue" or 3 shades off mean.) Because he was unhappy, we discounted his next order. In addition, he ordered more of the same shirts and wanted the same color to match. These orders were on March 4 and March 17, 2011.

In June, he filed the complaint with his credit card company and got the reversal. In addition to his money, we were charged settlement fees and other fees. Since my only recourse is in civil court, I will sue for him for what he paid, court costs, settlement fees and the discount he received in settlement for the wrong "Dodger blue".

He got his product in March and it is now October. He finally agreed verbally to pay $500 a month until the bill is paid in full. We emailed him a form to print out and mail back to us. He said he doesn't have a printer. This is the crap that we have had to deal with.

We have been accused of being unclassy. We have not gone public. We have made numerous settlements with these guys. We have put up with the barrages and mistruths.

If Mr. Johnson does not agree to the terms, we will sue him. We will win. He will pay more if we go to court. And we will not talk about it on the boards.

I have said my piece. Please read a couple of times before you react. Then tell me…

What good does it do to respond on the boards? Depending on how you read it, I either called my customers misinformed or keyboard cowboys who extort companies by brazenly misrepresenting the truth to get discounts or items for free.

I just exposed myself to have my words parsed and misconstrued.

I just told you how to screw a vendor and the shortfalls of PayPal.

I have over $1 million invested in a company and am arguing with guys that have a $500 computer and an attitude - that have nothing to risk by flippantly writing negative things so they get the satisfaction of hurting a person or company that they have never met.

I run the risk of personal barrage that I will not respond to.

One final note. My dad recently fell down and broke his hip. I just left the rehab center that he may never leave. My wife will find out on Tuesday the results of the lump they found on her breast. And here I am, spending 3 hours disputing the unwarranted claims by a couple of psychologically damaged mental midgets - one who we did not match a made up color 7 months ago and one that our production staff did not realize he changed
the size of a star on a single shirt order 9 months ago.

I have tried to figure out why they just don't switch vendors. If you read their posts, would you do work for them?

Have fun.

Rick Marino

Treb

Retired
Rick doesn't have a SBFans account - so he asked me to post this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's talk Treb and his shipping issue. So everyone knows, he got his shirts, on time, at the agreed to price, at the agreed shipping price, and has no complaint about the shirts. His complaint is that he paid for rush shipping and we grounded it to him - on time.

About a year ago, I brought in a consultant. Within 15 minutes, he saw that we lost over $30,000 in shipping. The reason was very simple. If we miss a ground ship deadline, we regularly upgrade shipping and pay for the difference. This is a practice that we still regularly do.

Without getting into detail, there are many variables into how and when projects are sewn. Thread color and delivery date are 2 very important issues. If possible, a pair of sewers can produce 5-10 more shirts a day if you limit their thread changes. It is common for jobs (especially rush jobs) to get thrown in early when we have the same thread color. When that happens, their jobs are done early and, if possible, we can save on their shipping.

On the back end, rush jobs push other jobs to or after their deadline. To get the customer his job on time, we expedite their shipping. In our eyes, the customer that got his job pushed back should not be penalized because we pressed his deadline. So, it costs us more on the back end for those customers to receive their shirts on time.

So, I have come up with 5 options - you figure out which is most fair.
1. All the customers pay the agreed to price for their shirts and shipping.
2. We refund the rush customer the difference in shipping and charge the customer who waited patiently for his shirts extra to hit his deadline.
3. We refund the rush customer the difference in shipping and miss the other customer's deadline.
4. We refund the rush customer the difference in shipping and we eat the expedited shipping charge. (Please note that is what we did in the past and I lost $30,000 in shipping last year.)
5. We refund the rush customer the difference in shipping and Treb agrees to pay the difference in rush charges.

This was explained to Treb on a couple of occasions. Either he is too stupid to figure it out or he is purposely not telling the whole story. I played ball with Treb - and he is no dummy.

Rick Marino

it was explained once, and half assed. about you losing $30k in shipping, it's not my fault you're too stupid to run a business. i should not have pay for your past stupidity. why should the customer have to pay for you to "save" on shipping? we paid a $189 rush fee plus the money we lost on shpping, so that's $250 for a rush fee. option 5 seems the best, take the "rush" money we paid and cover the difference. if we agree to pay extra in overnight shipping, why can't SNL following that agreement and send it overnight? seems like a one way street here.

i'm just amazed that the $80 you kept from the shipping costs meant more to you than thousands in future sales.

setz33

Addicted to Softballfans
Well said Rick. I love SNL and will always go through them. Guys don't forget there are only a few guys here bashing SNL out of thousands of customers that they have. Before you bash look at all of the customers that are happy with SNL's work.

mjs

Dodging bullets
Well said Rick. I love SNL and will always go through them. Guys don't forget there are only a few guys here bashing SNL out of thousands of customers that they have. Before you bash look at all of the customers that are happy with SNL's work.

tyranny of the minority

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
I'm not going to get into the rest of the issues, but I will give my take on the shipping.

Rick, you can't say "we're losing money on customers A, B , and C, so we're going to make it up from customers X, Y, and Z". Why should Treb have to pay for expedited shipping and get ground, when someone else pays for ground and gets expedited? If you're struggling to meet a deadline on a regular job, that's on you, not on the customer. If it's a situation where it's a rush job, tell the customer that you can't promise to meet the deadline without expedited shipping, and if you are able to get it done faster, refund them the difference. The incentive shouldn't be there for you to do a job faster so that you can save on shipping.

And just so you know that I'm not coming at this with no experience, if one of my customers (I sell IT products) needs something by a certain date, I will let them know what shipping method they need to go with in order to meet the deadline. If my warehouse ****s up and something doesn't get shipped, I will change the shipping ON MY OWN DIME to make sure that it gets there.

With that said, I hope your wife is OK and your dad recovers.

jlope

Rick,

I read your post...at the end of the day are you going to fix your issues or not? Because that's what matters. It's YOUR rep for standing by YOUR product that is in question. The rest is just conjecture and smoke.

Treb

Retired
Rick,

I read your post...at the end of the day are you going to fix your issues or not? Because that's what matters. It's YOUR rep for standing by YOUR product that is in question. The rest is just conjecture and smoke.

since he doesn't have an account here, i'll give you his answer.

No. :(

jlope

since he doesn't have an account here, i'll give you his answer.

No. :(

Treb...the funny part about my "issues" is...if they would have done the items to the mockup that was approved, there would t have been any issues. They could not manage their own files so it becomes the issue of the customer.

Hopefully the consultant should have suggested they 5S their files, materials, and garmets. They subbed materials on products as well and when you called to find out where something was, because it was late based on their delivery date..."I'll have to call you back" was the standard answer. And then...they didn't call back.

Yep...it's all my fault.

mihklo

Funny he mentions the star but nothing bout the mishap on the back of the pants. The shipping is still bs. Sounds like you're not running a smart business if you're losing 30k on just shipping charges.

12th Man

OG COMbatant

I have used SnL for years. The one time they made a mistake (wrong color on the logo) I sent an email with pictures and they promptly replaced the whole order at no cost and got it to Japan in less than 2 weeks.

mihklo

I have used SnL for years. The one time they made a mistake (wrong color on the logo) I sent an email with pictures and they promptly replaced the whole order at no cost and got it to Japan in less than 2 weeks.

And any reputable company would do the same thing. No company is perfect. But the way you fix your mess ups is what will keep customers loyal or push customers away. To me even though they feel the customers are a pain in the ass it would have been smart to fix it and be done with it. Rather than have it come up on here like this. While this might be a very small portion of sales overall, losing any sales can only hurt a company. I'd gladly take $500k in sales to "lose" 30k in shipping costs. Sounds like 470k to me. To me if you're "losing" that much money because of the reasons being stated you might want to look at the internals of the co to find out what's causing all the delays/deficiencies all together.

oakleydude44

Geaux Time!

Goody for, but this isn't about you, now is it?

12th Man

OG COMbatant
Goody for, but this isn't about you, now is it?

But it is about SnL. In my experience, when SnL makes the mistake, they fix it, no questions asked.

I've seen all the threads on this particular customer dispute and frankly I believe the company over the customer in this instance.

Treb

Retired
But it is about SnL. In my experience, when SnL makes the mistake, they fix it, no questions asked.

I've seen all the threads on this particular customer dispute and frankly I believe the company over the customer in this instance.

why? ?

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster

Just because your deals went smooth (and one really didn't), doesn't mean everyone else's does

cooger5

Mulletman
rick aka joe james

i think you got who threatned who backwards, so you admitted to tellign me never text email r call u back and when i did you hung up on me? how are things gonna be fixed if your too good to talk to me? and the TRUTH is you never won the 2 original disputes they were ruled in my favor after the 60 day period...you won a dispute on my shipping issues .as for the size of the star it was done on 3 different orders not a single shirt alone with numbers being out on the pants 3 times and the other pants once... joejames for president bunch of half truths in that book you just wrote

Last edited:

jlope

Btw...Rick or Joe...why don't we get the other owner involved to settle this. You know the guy with the money...I find it funny Rick, you have a $1 milllyyyyyon in snl but you can't settle a $215 issue. Man this story gets better and better all the time.

Tell me fellas...what was my first order? Guarantee it wasn't our team order...you guys were doing factory tees for me. With pre-approved art work from someone else...and you had to make 1 shirt 4x. C'mon fellas if you are gonna come at me with half a story least get some facts accurate. And you didn't mind the payments from Jamie Lopeman, yep that's the correct spelling
of my name. Some customer service as usual...don't even know how to spell your customer's name. Doesn't suprise me none...you struggled spelling stuff on shirts too.

Lmao @ u.

Sherwood17

Mizuno Field Advisor
Here is what I think about this issue. Any company should stand by their products. I am a Rep for a few companies and any problems I have ever had I have gone out of the way to make my customers happy. I understand things come up and somethign might not be done on time. I have shipped things overnight at my own expense too. Its what should be done to get the customer his product. As far as the issues w the mockups being changed. Why would the old ones still be in the system if they were changed? Why not delete the old files? And also when you save them dont they show a date that they were last modified???

cooger5

Mulletman
i also would love to see where i begged you guys to make my teams uniforms...thats a straight out lie, that never happened

jlope

Here is what I think about this issue. Any company should stand by their products. I am a Rep for a few companies and any problems I have ever had I have gone out of the way to make my customers happy. I understand things come up and somethign might not be done on time. I have shipped things overnight at my own expense too. Its what should be done to get the customer his product. As far as the issues w the mockups being changed. Why would the old ones still be in the system if they were changed? Why not delete the old files? And also when you save them dont they show a date that they were last modified???

Sherwood they will say because I changed colors and I might order them again. The strange part is, I would change colors...and in some cases the layout of the shirt would change. I posted those pics earlier. They have internal issues...that's the issue.

Rick/James explain why a set of unis were in ODea's car for a month?