Latest from GSC

Cal50

Addicted to Softballfans
Coming very soon

The bat is being heavily tested right now with great results. I look for it to be on the market very soon.

luckydog_20

The bat is being heavily tested right now with great results. I look for it to be on the market very soon.
I hope this is true. Do you have any pictures of these bats? I have heard several times these were being tested dating back acouple years now. Just waiting.......

Cal50

Addicted to Softballfans
I hope this is true. Do you have any pictures of these bats? I have heard several times these were being tested dating back acouple years now. Just waiting.......
I have been talking with Steve, the owner of GSC, I should have one in my hands shortly and will come back on and give my opinion.

floo56

Addicted to Softballfans
Great to hear this update, but too many great sticks to worry about this one! Did own 3 of them n got caught up with the new design....oh well. Aloha, Fabe

CallaVett

Addicted to Softballfans
I still have a couple, I have a white & red Veteran prototype which is a tank. I have been using it as my cold weather bad, it has lasted 3 years and its only used when the temps are below 55. Once it warms up, I put it away and use the better sticks.

Cal50

Addicted to Softballfans
I still have a couple, I have a white & red Veteran prototype which is a tank. I have been using it as my cold weather bad, it has lasted 3 years and its only used when the temps are below 55. Once it warms up, I put it away and use the better sticks.

I am talking about the new ones currently being made. They will have a 1 year warranty with them, unlike any other senior bats. The question is how hot are they.

Cal50

Addicted to Softballfans
They have been saying they are coming for along time, I doubt it will anytime soon

I have been to the factory, have spoken numerous times with Steve and will have a bat in my hands very soon. What appears to be the final product is being tested as we speak.

CallaVett

Addicted to Softballfans
I understand that you were talking about the new bat. My comment was meant to indicate that not all the GSC were ***ile. I have owned several of the Veteran / GBA and still use two, traded two and broke one. I broke one on the 5th swing and I was also promised a replacement bat by the previous & current owner. I have talked to Steve and he said he would be sending a replacement. If I do actually receive a replacement bat that is a bonus but I'm not worrying about it. I do look forward to see how the new bat performs.

quick23

I understand that you were talking about the new bat. My comment was meant to indicate that not all the GSC were ***ile. I have owned several of the Veteran / GBA and still use two, traded two and broke one. I broke one on the 5th swing and I was also promised a replacement bat by the previous & current owner. I have talked to Steve and he said he would be sending a replacement. If I do actually receive a replacement bat that is a bonus but I'm not worrying about it. I do look forward to see how the new bat performs.

I have a 10 swing broken one also... It just hanging there on my bat rack.

hitsone

Interesting> I used my og GBA one piece in Jan '12 at just about freezing. Yes, dumb and got the crack i should have expected. It had over 500 hits at that point. I still have the 2 piece, only use it in pre game BP has close to 400 hits, doing fine.

CallaVett

Addicted to Softballfans
I used it again tonight for league, temps in the mid 40's and the bat is still going strong. It is definitely my cold weather bat if it breaks to doesn't matter. I got 3+ year service out of it.

Well I guess CallaVett and I have had a face to face at league about this bat. Nice to put a face with the name.

I have a broken one and had "pre ordered" for $100 to previous customers, the new one several years ago. I still have the email string from all the onversations I had with whats-his-name and all the promises. My best memory was the promise of being on the list for the first dozen shipped to be received by the 4th of July. Maybe I should call and check on the progree?

DA

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
I have been to the factory, have spoken numerous times with Steve and will have a bat in my hands very soon. What appears to be the final product is being tested as we speak.

I really hope this is true...I was promised three of these.

ju25

Addicted to Softballfans
Read on another site that the bat will be ready for shipping in June? Bat is supposed to have incredible durability , with UII distance.

floo56

Addicted to Softballfans
Here we go again...guys sooooo many great bats out there, lets just enjoy what we can purchase now! Was very interested in this bat for the Island softball gang, but oh well! Swinging n having fun with my Combat Ambush. Aloha, Fabe

hitsone

Read on another site that the bat will be ready for shipping in June? Bat is supposed to have incredible durability , with UII distance.

Seem that no matter how many senior bats are on the market they aren't worth anything unless they are UII like.
Gotta be a message there

floo56

Addicted to Softballfans
Here we go! I broke two n sold one n the another never was made! Buy the fun ones that are on the market! Aloha, Fabe

Cal50

Addicted to Softballfans
Here we go! I broke two n sold one n the another never was made! Buy the fun ones that are on the market! Aloha, Fabe

Fabe, please remember the current GSC bat is not the same bat that you are talking about. The bat is now in front of the certification board and is expected to be certified with a SSUSA stamp this month. Several big hitters are doing live testing of the bat with very good longevity reports. There is a 1 year warranty with this senior bat.

tattooball

Cal
Here is what I see. It is a solid core bat, they have said it is hot out of the wrapper. If this is true and does not break in it will be far behind senior bats in performance. Senior bats start out out at 1.21 bpf but soon exceed that after break in. So my question is how is a bat that does not break in hit as well as bats that do? Maybe they do break in but I have my doubts. We will have to see when the bat is certified.

Cal50

Addicted to Softballfans
Cal
Here is what I see. It is a solid core bat, they have said it is hot out of the wrapper. If this is true and does not break in it will be far behind senior bats in performance. Senior bats start out out at 1.21 bpf but soon exceed that after break in. So my question is how is a bat that does not break in hit as well as bats that do? Maybe they do break in but I have my doubts. We will have to see when the bat is certified.
tattooball, I will let you know when I swing it. Plan on bringing one to the Indy tournament first of May.

philphan89

Addicted to Softballfans
i returned my spirit like 3 years ago so hopefully this is true. I still have all the emails and confirmation that they got my bat. I hope i might be able to get a return

floo56

Addicted to Softballfans
Not being negative....I attempted to support this company! Just saying there are many fun bats that are approved now...Hope it works out, but I have moved on. Aloha, Fabe