Law Enforcement Tourney May 18/19 SoCal

Code3

The umps on field 1 and 4 were decent. White guy with goatee and tall thin black ump. Didn't see the rest.

The Swami

Soothsayer
Yeah that white dude was the suck.

Is 619's finest all cops or do you guys have military too? Reason I ask is because our 2 ps.com events in chino hills and vegas are very well run IMO. we put on a good show, try to get the best usssa umpire crews available, and usually have very few, if any complaints about anything. So if your team qualifies you should consider...

copper1150

DO OVER!!!
This sounds like a good tourney.....Our team is only traveling for 3-4.....maybe I can talk them into taking a west coast trip....

GNOLAUM

*insert dope custom title here
Is 619's finest all cops or do you guys have military too? Reason I ask is because our 2 ps.com events in chino hills and vegas are very well run IMO. we put on a good show, try to get the best usssa umpire crews available, and usually have very few, if any complaints about anything. So if your team qualifies you should consider...

The team we brought was about half and half for this one. We cant get enough to play excusive PS series. We played the one in january because they let military play.

OMFGitsTheBee

Sweep the leg!
Might be there with Bravo Tango (Mostly LAXPD guys with a few from other agencies). We've been short on last minute cancellations so haven't played any GnH's or PS.com tourneys. If we drop out, hope I can piggyback on another team.

The Swami

Soothsayer
Might be there with Bravo Tango (Mostly LAXPD guys with a few from other agencies). We've been short on last minute cancellations so haven't played any GnH's or PS.com tourneys. If we drop out, hope I can piggyback on another team.

I hope you guys make it...have you on my list of verbally confirmed teams.:eek:

The Swami

Soothsayer

We are at 29 teams now and Bravo Tango is one of them. We have a hard cap at 30. Can you please confirm if you guys are still in so I know how many spots I have left. Thx JB

The Swami

Soothsayer
Team Most Wanted Needs a Couple Players for this tourney... if you are interested...

209-262-7308 - Ralph
925-858-4600 - Justin

texts preferred

The Swami

Soothsayer
I didn't see you out there with them this last weekend

They only fly him in for the big ones. ;)

Check my post above about Alamedas Most Wanted needing some guys. I know you have some cops that qualify on your team. Maybe you can hook them up????

The Swami

Soothsayer
a1sbba.jpg

Free agents still needed. Email [email protected] if you want to hook up with a team. Must be full time: police officer, probation officer, parole agent or corrections officer

dgambill85

Banned User
Really wish they'd allow military to participate. I'd love o play these. We had a good time at guns and hoses in Palm Springs earlier in the year. We got new by the sun in our eyes lol. Other team is better with it than we did. Good luk to everyone next weekend. Fox you better not suk.

The Swami

Soothsayer
The cop tourneys don't allow military because military already has their own Worlds. As does fire. Since cops can't play in the Military Worlds we don't let them play in ours ;-)
LOL

on a side note: the concept of "public safety" is really gray. cops, fire, military...sure. but what about lawyers who prosecute criminals? judges? ambulance drivers? doctors certainly provide public safety...as do nurses. Security guards? Lifeguards at the beach? Once you start extending it out to "public safety" you might as well just open it up. so since military does have a circuit in place...as does fire... the cops decided to make it strictly law enforcement which is police, probation, parole, corrections.

Anyway that is the mindset behind it...just to explain.

The Swami

Soothsayer
PS I saw Fox play, definitely legit. He will have to keep it in the park, so if I could coach him I would have him take BP as if every swing HAD to stay in the park. He can hit it out in his sleep so he does not need to work on that. In our circuit in uppers you get 6 bombs then outs. HR management is what WINS games. I have been playing a long time and I spent several years trying to undo what I did early in my career. The first 5 years I took BP to hit bombs. I bought videos on how to spin balls to hit them farther. Then I learned winning softball games is NOT about hitting bombs, its about hitting bombs ONLY when the situation calls for it. Show me a team that can score double digits in an inning with no bombs and I will show you a winning team. I saw a team score 24 runs in the first inning and use all 6 bombs. They lost the game 26-27. Fox is young, and I predict him to be one of the top players in our circuit by next season.

Right now the trend is toward gap hitting, speed, taking extra bases, solid defense and good usssa pitching. 10 years ago it was about fat guys hitting 350' home runs and calling for courtesy runners. Times have changed significantly.

The Swami

Soothsayer
Our boy Fox won the HR Derby. Tough format...he will explain it. But you have to be a clutch homerun hitter AND have a clutch pitcher. Some rounds were one pitch, one swing and he delivered.

ancientways.sbc

Addicted to Softballfans
The cop tourneys don't allow military because military already has their own Worlds. As does fire. Since cops can't play in the Military Worlds we don't let them play in ours ;-)
LOL

on a side note: the concept of "public safety" is really gray. cops, fire, military...sure. but what about lawyers who prosecute criminals? judges? ambulance drivers? doctors certainly provide public safety...as do nurses. Security guards? Lifeguards at the beach? Once you start extending it out to "public safety" you might as well just open it up. so since military does have a circuit in place...as does fire... the cops decided to make it strictly law enforcement which is police, probation, parole, corrections.

Anyway that is the mindset behind it...just to explain.
and if they get in, we the people of the pest control industry would want in as well... we help keep the people safe too.

1SAST

<font color="#006400">Retardid Policeman</font>
I do miss police softball. Glad to see it going strong!