League Fees........Dayum ??

AJ22

Super Moderator
The concessions are run by volunteers. Plus softball and baseball almost every night. Everything is marked up by at least 50%. I ran a flag football league there and had insight on the costs. They not getting rich but do well.

Ahh ..

But I am sure they aren't getting their product cheaper than when I owned a bar for 10 years .. :confused:

n8ers

Word
I think we have one of the highest fees out of everybody here on SBF.

I know some other guys here on SBF, that play in my area will agree.

What city do you play in? Our 10 game season in Petaluma is 525 in Winter and 600ish in summer and our feilds SUCK. When I lived in So Cal, we played on a great feild and it was 550 for 10 games. Everything is too much in bay area. :rolleyes:

KYsoftballer76

Joshua 24:15
Think our league fee is $550. 16 games, 8 weeks of double headers + double elim at season end. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place get either trophies or a plaque of some kind. Usually have 2 seasons, 1 spring, 1 fall. Each season is broken down into the following
Men's division - A, B, C
Co-ed division - A & B, C

They play games all 5 days of the week and the weekends are usually used for make-ups or local tournies. Not the best fields to play on but, it's better then sitting at home doing nothing productive.

GWheels14

Addicted to Softballfans
Ahh ..

But I am sure they aren't getting their product cheaper than when I owned a bar for 10 years .. :confused:

Funny you brought that up. The bar owner is the supplier to the concession. To be honest not sure what deal he gets. You owned a bar for 10 years so I'm sure you know. I was just saying when you pay $7 bucks at the store for a 12pack of Busch light, $16 seems like a lot. The only paid employee is the ump for the league. Maintenance and grass cutting all volunteer. It's pretty unique set up but works great. Lot of people step up and help.

datboisteebo

Addicted to Softballfans
sounds like our league local league . It's 950 for 14 games no tourney . And they are running it into the groud there was around 250 teams 5 years ago now we have around 100 teams now and it keeps dwindling .

same thing happening here our numbers are dwindelling too granted we only pay 400 for a 10 game season plus playoffs but poor field maintenece andcrappy umps are running teams away

warpath

BUTT****ING THE WORLD
Dayum

Picked up a Sign up sheet for Spring Ball. Fee went up from $635 up to $900 !!??

Granted when it was $635 was for 8 game season+playoffs.

Now season is gonna be 12 games +playoffs.

Other rec league that I play in (another city) it's still gonna be $635 for 8 games+playoffs.

So you're bitching about the fees but you're playing 4 more games:confused:

Cochino

El Rey de for play
$415 per team = ump, balls & electric score boards that sometimes work, 10 games ASA rules, league rule: any ASA stamped bat *excluding Ultras* & we still use 44/375 balls

Thepiehouse

Funny saying
$330 for 8 games for spring no playoffs. Any rainouts money is returned prorated. Doubleheaders.
Summer/Fall $800 12 games, 10 game regular season. 2 sets of playoffs...one on your day you play against your league. Then a tourney style (single elim) weekend against all days in corresponding league. (i.e rec vs rec, comp vs. comp) Win league win money, win playoffs win money. NSA bat list, Basically NSA rules.

Thats for the league is one of the nicest facilities in Illinois.

Chicago leagues (crappy fields, ASA bats, bad lighting, no fences) $1200 and 8 games. Winner gets a t shirt.

Indoor leagues 10 games $1100.

warpath

BUTT****ING THE WORLD
We pay 1200 here for spring and thats for 20 games and a playoff. All fees include balls and umps.

CarlsbadDrew

Addicted to Softballfans
My league fee's = $480 + $150 in ump pay for 10 games + 2 playoffs. T Shirts and plaque to the winners. But i don't care because we have a sponsor :)

I spend my league fee's on beer and mexican food at the sponsor's establishment :)

jshell73

Far from Normal
$330 for 8 games for spring no playoffs. Any rainouts money is returned prorated. Doubleheaders.
Summer/Fall $800 12 games, 10 game regular season. 2 sets of playoffs...one on your day you play against your league. Then a tourney style (single elim) weekend against all days in corresponding league. (i.e rec vs rec, comp vs. comp) Win league win money, win playoffs win money. NSA bat list, Basically NSA rules.

Thats for the league is one of the nicest facilities in Illinois.
Chicago leagues (crappy fields, ASA bats, bad lighting, no fences) $1200 and 8 games. Winner gets a t shirt.

Indoor leagues 10 games $1100.

Is that for Crystal Lake or somewhere else?

sweetstick

Addicted to Softballfans
My league fee's = $480 + $150 in ump pay for 10 games + 2 playoffs. T Shirts and plaque to the winners. But i don't care because we have a sponsor :)

I spend my league fee's on beer and mexican food at the sponsor's establishment :)

Bar Sponsorships are the best!!!

josutton00

Addicted to Softballfans
22 games, 2 umps, 20-24 team double elimination tournament at the end of the year 650 dollars.
Spring league.
14 games, 2 umps, 8 team single elimination tournament 400 dollars. fall season

Last edited:

hatemail

Starting Player
Dayum

Picked up a Sign up sheet for Spring Ball. Fee went up from $635 up to $900 !!??

Other rec league that I play in (another city) it's still gonna be $635 for 8 games+playoffs.

i think we are in the same league. just picked up my packet aswell. you dont happen to play at JD?

bdub69

Is a bat P-I-M-P!
Dayum

That is crazy for only 12 games.. My GOD! We pay slightly less than that but the season goes from March - October (57 Games).:D

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
I am co president of a leauge in TN... this season we will play 20-24 games of regular season play and it will cost at most 650$. We will offer a pre season tournamet that will be a 3gg for all those that enter. The tournament, like the leauge itself, is broken down into divisions and the winning team from each division in the pre season tourney, will get an automatic paid berth into the end of the season tournament. Keep in mind we do this for the players and DO NOT MAKE A DIME OFF THIS LEAUGE. That , im sure is why our leauge is cheaper than others on here

Sodapopinski

PONY ENTHUSIAST
I am co president of a leauge in TN... this season we will play 20-24 games of regular season play and it will cost at most 650$. We will offer a pre season tournamet that will be a 3gg for all those that enter. The tournament, like the leauge itself, is broken down into divisions and the winning team from each division in the pre season tourney, will get an automatic paid berth into the end of the season tournament. Keep in mind we do this for the players and DO NOT MAKE A DIME OFF THIS LEAUGE. That , im sure is why our leauge is cheaper than others on here

Sounds like a pretty fun league.

josutton00

Addicted to Softballfans

I play in Nashville, Where is your league

Peacock

DBOTY 2011
$635 by 8 games = $79.375 per game ..
$900 by 12 games = $75 per game ..

Obviously a better deal. If you are going to pay the higher average amount, why wouldn't your local city think they could get more by offering less ??

Not rocket science ...

BTW .. we pay $450 for a 14 game league schedule which includes a league tournament and playoffs. Winning team for league receive 1/2 barrel plus pizza party along with $100 cash .. winning tournament team receives 1/2 barrel party.

That's Wisconsin fo ya. God, I do miss it a lot sometimes.

Labdog

Addicted to Softballfans
What league do you play? I heard a rumor that Walnut Creek leagues are going up as well,