Lets play a game..

Wizzinator

Addicted to Softballfans
To be fair, he did say Bowflex adjustable dumbbells.

But he also said yoga mat, so...

:D

Thank you. I wouldn't even touch a Bow Flex and the yoga mat I was referring too was for stretching not specifically yoga. And yes, a squat rack is a waste of money. Do one legged squats with NO weights or just use dumbbells. I love seeing juice heads who can bench 350 but can't do one pull up. :cool:

KangarooNokona

Kangabilly
Thank you. I wouldn't even touch a Bow Flex and the yoga mat I was referring too was for stretching not specifically yoga. And yes, a squat rack is a waste of money. Do one legged squats with NO weights or just use dumbbells. I love seeing juice heads who can bench 350 but can't do one pull up. :cool:

Hey I can do six......:eek:

MF'N MGR

Addicted to Softballfans
Pro power block set with 45lb extension set and stand
Foldable flat/incline/decline bench
Power rack with a upper and lower pulley 200lb weight stack
300lb weight set (255 in plates and 45lb bar and collars)
Precor 954 treadmill
Life fitness 95x elliptical
Bosu ball
Champs chin up bar

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.

I'm not sure what a squat rack has to do with not being able to do a pull up. I also have a feeling that last statement was referring to myself. I'm not a juicehead and I'm not going to say what I can do, but I'll tell you one pull up is not a problem.

One leg squats are great, but without a squat rack box squats aren't possible and that's a great tool in a lifter's arsenal.

Onefiver

Addicted to Softballfans
I'd hate to play Monopoly or any other game that requires reading and understanding rules with some of y'all. How many weight sets as a single item have we seen? I'd question literacy, but y'all some how find your way onto the internet.

For me, the rule in that regard is what makes this interesting and challenging.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
1. Squat rack - with pullup bar and adjustable height cable stack built in.
2. Incline/decline bench to slide into rack
3. Weight vest- for pullups and pushups
4. 100lb. plate
5. Olympic bar
6. 100lb. plate
7. 45lb. plate
8. 5lb. plate
9. 45lb. plate
10. 5lb. plate

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd hate to play Monopoly or any other game that requires reading and understanding rules with some of y'all. How many weight sets as a single item have we seen? I'd question literacy, but y'all some how find your way onto the internet.

I concur. I think we'd all get basically the same thing if a set was one item.

Wizzinator

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm not sure what a squat rack has to do with not being able to do a pull up. I also have a feeling that last statement was referring to myself. I'm not a juicehead and I'm not going to say what I can do, but I'll tell you one pull up is not a problem.

One leg squats are great, but without a squat rack box squats aren't possible and that's a great tool in a lifter's arsenal.

A squat rack has nothing to do with a pull up and I would never insinuate someone doing real gear especially someone that I've never seen or even know. So no, I was not talking about you at all and I apologize if you took it that way. The basic point for my original post is that the general population believes that more is better but the truth is, all you need is your body weight and a very minimal amount of tools to get what you need/want out of a workout. My comment about the pull ups was more about the juiceheads who do nothing but chest and bi's in the gym and wonder why they're hunched over and their thumbs point toward their bodies when they are standing with their arms by their sides. I know you can probably think of a few at your local gym. If people worked their back as much as their chest and did it right, their thumbs should be pointing forward and they would have a stronger chest. This is just a simple test to see if your working your back enough. You'll break out laughing next time you're at the gym if you pay attention to this. It's very funny.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
A squat rack has nothing to do with a pull up and I would never insinuate someone doing real gear especially someone that I've never seen or even know. So no, I was not talking about you at all and I apologize if you took it that way. The basic point for my original post is that the general population believes that more is better but the truth is, all you need is your body weight and a very minimal amount of tools to get what you need/want out of a workout. My comment about the pull ups was more about the juiceheads who do nothing but chest and bi's in the gym and wonder why they're hunched over and their thumbs point toward their bodies when they are standing with their arms by their sides. I know you can probably think of a few at your local gym. If people worked their back as much as their chest and did it right, their thumbs should be pointing forward and they would have a stronger chest. This is just a simple test to see if your working your back enough. You'll break out laughing next time you're at the gym if you pay attention to this. It's very funny.

Ah. Sorry for taking it that way. You're talking to someone that loves functional movements.

I disagree about weight not being needed even for typical bodyweight exercises like pull ups or push ups. When you just keep adding reps as it gets easier you're really only gaining muscle endurance. Weight needs to be added at this point so the reps stay under 10 if your goal is strength.

Also deadlifts are a fantastic movement if your goal is athletic performance. It's such an explosive movement and carries over well to the playing field.

And yes I notice people with mobility issues all the time at the gym. Most common one I notice is lack of ankle mobility.

scabnews

Addicted to Softballfans
Good quality 150 pound leather banana bag
1 pair rival bag gloves
35 pound kettlebell
45 pound kettlebell
1 pair of power blocks
1 pair of Olympic rings
Programable ring timer

Last edited:

The Vapors

Addicted to Softballfans
Pro power block set with 45lb extension set and stand
Foldable flat/incline/decline bench
Power rack with a upper and lower pulley 200lb weight stack
300lb weight set (255 in plates and 45lb bar and collars)
Precor 954 treadmill
Life fitness 95x elliptical
Bosu ball
Champs chin up bar

Way over 10 items and space limitations. 300lbs weight set alone is over 10 items. If you could fit this in a room/garage you wouldn't have space to get from station to station let alone use them. The Precor and life fitness machines are huge and meant for commercial gyms not the average spare room.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
After playing my first tourney of the year yesterday, I think I should just go with a home lipo machine and a massage table until I get my weight under control. :D

MF'N MGR

Addicted to Softballfans

you must be the ivy league grad. jesus christ.
Way over 10 items and space limitations. 300lbs weight set alone is over 10 items. If you could fit this in a room/garage you wouldn't have space to get from station to station let alone use them. The Precor and life fitness machines are huge and meant for commercial gyms not the average spare room.
i misread the rules....give me a 45lb olympic bar, 2 45lb plates, and 2 collars..then take away the bosu, chinup bar and powerblock extension set......and btw, i sold machines for years and the standard footprint for any quality home or commercial gym or cardio machine is 6-6.5' and requires at least a 7' ceiling. so if jamming this into a exposed frame garage is a challenge, then that's a problem you have to take up with your contractor.

lOOkatme

Addicted to Softballfans
I would be stuck going to the gym......I can't do it with only 10 items. Too much would be lost.

Hell...I can deadlift in the low 600's.....to go to 585lbs is 13 items.

gobux

<font color="#FF4500">ABF Fund Donor</font>
20lb Slam ball
45lb Slam ball
60lb Slam ball
25lb Weighted Bar
8kg Kettlebell
4kg Kettlebell
Bosu ball
Heavy training rope
TRX band
Treadmill

lOOkatme

Addicted to Softballfans
100lb. plates do exist.

I typically add 45lbs (each side at a time)......I don't make large jumps. I typically go up in 90lbs increments when deadlifting....25lbs increments in bench...etc.

I don't think holding someone to only 10 items would be great....unless you just want to do body weight or something.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Let me know how this turns out for you. ;)

I have never been this sore. The only positive is that I quit smoking on 12/5 so I'm sure I'd feel even worse had I not done that. They'd just brought in new dirt the week prior and it was like playing on the beach. I'm sore in places I forgot I had.

To namedrop, we lost to Connell in the winner's bracket finals. :D

Morris 14

gtfo with this bull****....just cause this is your opinion doesnt make it everyone elses....can u even lift?...are u jealous of someone u know who only lifts biceps and chest?....using just bodyweight may get U what you want out of a workout but not everyone else....and how do u know what ppl at the gym look like if u dont go? my thumb points out with my middle finger up

Ddubb9965

The Bauce
I'll bite.

1.Olympic bar
2.45lb bumper plate
3.45lb bumper plate
4.45lb bumper plate
5.45lb bumper plate
6.45lb bumper plate
7.45lb bumper plate
8.Gymnastic ring
9.Gymnastic ring
10.Prowler

I need bumpers.

KangarooNokona

Kangabilly
gtfo with this bull****....just cause this is your opinion doesnt make it everyone elses....can u even lift?...are u jealous of someone u know who only lifts biceps and chest?....using just bodyweight may get U what you want out of a workout but not everyone else....and how do u know what ppl at the gym look like if u dont go? my thumb points out with my middle finger up

I thought the same thing..... I have a natural born barrel chest so I can't help but to walk with my arms swinging out and my thumbs pointed in :(

Ddubb9965

The Bauce
Crossfit??

If I'm limited to a gym of only 10 items, then I guess I'd pick 10 items that I think would make for the most well-rounded workout. Powerlifting/strongman is pretty much out of the question. If you can squat/clean and press 315lbs, you are a beast in my book.