Long Term Future Info

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Looking for input from those who have a lot of hits on their Future or have managed to kill them off.

Wondering how many hits you currently have or got before death? Looking for info on any changes the bat went through along the way?

Dan411

Star Player
Looking for input from those who have a lot of hits on their Future or have managed to kill them off.

Wondering how many hits you currently have or got before death? Looking for info on any changes the bat went through along the way?
Chrome I have a USA Future with 1200+ hits on it. It didn't take long to get going with rockets and the odd 44/375. For me, it plateaued around 800. Performance hasn't changed much, but the barrel feels softer for sure. From what I have seen, not many have managed to finish one off.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Got a buddy who claims to have 2000+ on a 26.5 og one and only bat he has used for 3 years from tournies to league, lets anybody swing it, from classic m's, 44's, 52's, still going strong no cracks rattles etc, just endcap paint missing and sctratches, and 52's come off like no other future or legacy I've seen, like rockets, feels very soft like it could blow up, but felt the same way a year ago and just keeps going, I have 800 or so on my legacy and will only use it with hard balls now, still doesn't feel broken in compared to my other stuff, I don't think I've seen either bat broke in 2 from hitting

AAAthletics

Addicted to Softballfans
We went 2000+ on a 25.5 through 28.5 and finally gave up trying to get them to break. I believe Dale himself you tends to break a lot of bats was less than 3 on any of the first three models. They reach a point of softness/hotness (whatever you want to call it) and seem to stay there forever. Compression is never an issue. Hopefully we'll get the same type of durability to the 2017 with a little extra gear at the top end. Thats what we're expecting.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
We went 2000+ on a 25.5 through 28.5 and finally gave up trying to get them to break. I believe Dale himself you tends to break a lot of bats was less than 3 on any of the first three models. They reach a point of softness/hotness (whatever you want to call it) and seem to stay there forever. Compression is never an issue. Hopefully we'll get the same type of durability to the 2017 with a little extra gear at the top end. Thats what we're expecting.

Good to know, I got a used one with the top layer of composite peeking away, so I will just go ahead and swing away.

chile

Bad Ape

when are the 26.5's gonna be back in?

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Got a buddy who claims to have 2000+ on a 26.5 og one and only bat he has used for 3 years from tournies to league, lets anybody swing it, from classic m's, 44's, 52's, still going strong no cracks rattles etc, just endcap paint missing and sctratches, and 52's come off like no other future or legacy I've seen, like rockets, feels very soft like it could blow up, but felt the same way a year ago and just keeps going, I have 800 or so on my legacy and will only use it with hard balls now, still doesn't feel broken in compared to my other stuff, I don't think I've seen either bat broke in 2 from hitting

Now that sounds nice, think this summer is going to be back on for BP and getting serious hacks in on mine.

If Dale wasn't chewing through them on the regular, I'll be fine, appreciate the info. Glad to hear you guys are keeping the Future going, best all stamp option by far and my favorite stick. Saw you still have some 27.5 USA's, makes me want another....

Off topic, I noticed you have 3xl batting gloves, I'll definitely be getting some of those, they're impossible to find.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
My 1st 28.5 OG future had around 1500 hits. Mostly with 44/400, 47/450 ZN's and 44/525 blue dots. It developed a 1" paint crack around 1000 and never got worse. I sent it in for return days before my receipt expired. Spent the last week hitting bullet 53/600 derby balls trying to kill it off to no avail. OG is a very, very durable bat. I currently own a different OG 28.5

4xtra

Player/Coach

I have a 27.5 with about 300 swings. Still looks NOW.
I have seen the OG with 2000+ still hanging but it was peeling.
They are very durable and I have hit rocks, 44's and everything with it and it is still hanging in there.

they hit the 52 and 44 very nice....
I love that bat

Last edited:

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
I have an OG I have swung in every type of weather with every ball possible and let any teammate that wanted swing it. One league even uses Super Blue Dots. It shows no sign of dying (I probably just jinxed it). It has no cracks or decrease in performance. One of the most durable bats I've seen since some of the old school Eastons. I thought about buying a newer Future but I'm afraid it won't have the same durability. It's hard to believe any bat could.

AAAthletics

Addicted to Softballfans
I have an OG I have swung in every type of weather with every ball possible and let any teammate that wanted swing it. One league even uses Super Blue Dots. It shows no sign of dying (I probably just jinxed it). It has no cracks or decrease in performance. One of the most durable bats I've seen since some of the old school Eastons. I thought about buying a newer Future but I'm afraid it won't have the same durability. It's hard to believe any bat could.

The green/white and USA versions will have the same durability as the OG. Last years short run of black/neon green won't. The different endcap changed the feel as well as the durability. I have stated before that the end cap shape/style/density have the biggest impact on bats feel/durability.

Reactions: #25

MPT23

Putting on the foil
The green/white and USA versions will have the same durability as the OG. Last years short run of black/neon green won't. The different endcap changed the feel as well as the durability. I have stated before that the end cap shape/style/density have the biggest impact on bats feel/durability.

And what makes you such an expert on all the Futures ? Lol, just kidding.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Enjoyed yesterday's BP session hitting 52's, NX3 BP's, oooold game balls, and a few derbies without worry. Love this bat, I know it's not the latest coolest kid on the block but it smashes everything and goes everywhere. My only complaint is bat searching/trading has become boring.

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?

Appreciate the honest feedback. I love the OG.

Addicted to Softballfans
I have the green/white in 28.5oz, bought it used but it still looked NOW. We put about 300 hits on it the past two days and it surprised all of us. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get rid of my lighter bats and go back to swinging 28's again. I'm way more consistent with 28's and get better distance from them too

Dan411

Star Player
I have the green/white in 28.5oz, bought it used but it still looked NOW. We put about 300 hits on it the past two days and it surprised all of us. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get rid of my lighter bats and go back to swinging 28's again. I'm way more consistent with 28's and get better distance from them too
My 27.5 swings a lot like my 28 ounce bats, so it is perfect for me. I bet that 28.5 swings nice. Future is such a great bat. I have always recommended it when someone is asking about dual stamps or cold weather bats.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
I was a little conflicted between the 27.5 & 28.5 Had both at the same time and spent a lot of time with each.

I hit harder and further with the 28.5 but had a little more control with the 27.5. Most importantly to me, I could swing the 27.5 with an a relaxed swing that was very repeatable throughout a long day and offered plenty performance anywhere I played.

chile

Bad Ape
I was a little conflicted between the 27.5 & 28.5 Had both at the same time and spent a lot of time with each.

I hit harder and further with the 28.5 but had a little more control with the 27.5. Most importantly to me, I could swing the 27.5 with an a relaxed swing that was very repeatable throughout a long day and offered plenty performance anywhere I played.

that's why i love my 26.5 and 25.5...and i can put a bit on it when i need to.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Think this damn thread is trying to talk me into another 28.5oz Future. Whoever started this thread is pissing me off.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Been swinging the 28.5 Green/White for 2 years now; not even going to estimate the number of hits.

Thing is crazy hot and have only put it down this year for it's pink/black sibling in 28oz :cool: