Looking to get a new glove for the outfield

trixery

Addicted to Softballfans
I have done a bit of research in the forums here and I think I have narrowed it down to the TJ1952 or PJV16. I currently have a 13.5 Boombah trapeze web glove that is far to floppy for me. I want something that is going to break in but maintain that pocket so that the ball sticks on both the routine plays and the diving grabs. If anyone has any helpful input or would like to share their experience with either glove it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
you can't go wrong with either one of these. Very similar in height, main difference is the web. If you like the trap and are comfortable using a trap then you might want to stick with the PJV416. I personally prefer the TJ but I play infield and find isn't easier to scoop a ball with an H-web than a trap.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I have both, or all, lol. I have a prototype TJ1952 13.5" in blue Limited and a "baby" TJ 13.25" in Optimus Walnut. I really like the size and the Optimus but the blue one has great sentimental value. I have a PJV16 Custom Pro, actually belongs to a friend, aPJV Tan open back in Limited Kip and a PJV 04 in Optimus Walnut. So far am gaming the baby TJ but, the other gloves are close to ready, not sure who will win.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I have relaced both models and, other than the web, if there is a difference in the patterns I could not spot it. An H will weigh more than an I-trap (more leather), so there may be a 2 oz weight difference. Other than that, go with your gut. It is a very nice pattern.

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
I have owned both and right now I only own the PJV416 out of those two. I do have a baby TJ (13.25" version) but I have yet to even touch it. Since I play OF 95% of the time and catcher or 1B the other 5% I can get away with using only a trapeze glove. If I wanted a glove just for the OF I would get the 416, if I wanted a glove to use at other positions as well I would get the 1952. I don't think you can go wrong either way!

I have relaced both models and, other than the web, if there is a difference in the patterns I could not spot it. An H will weigh more than an I-trap (more leather), so there may be a 2 oz weight difference. Other than that, go with your gut. It is a very nice pattern.

:confused: The TJ has a H web but the PJV416 has a trapeze web, not an I web. The PJV416 should be heavier since it has more leather than the TJ.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I play OF minimally but when I do my TJ makes me feel like I can run anything down. And watch my vids, running isn't my thing :p

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I have owned both and right now I only own the PJV416 out of those two. I do have a baby TJ (13.25" version) but I have yet to even touch it. Since I play OF 95% of the time and catcher or 1B the other 5% I can get away with using only a trapeze glove. If I wanted a glove just for the OF I would get the 416, if I wanted a glove to use at other positions as well I would get the 1952. I don't think you can go wrong either way!

:confused: The TJ has a H web but the PJV416 has a trapeze web, not an I web. The PJV416 should be heavier since it has more leather than the TJ.

By I-trap, I meant Ichiro trap as opposed to an American Trap-eze. When I switched the Ichiro trap on my LS FL1300 with a modified trap with a base (see below), I weighed the glove before and after and it gained 2 oz. The mod trap with base does not have the cross bar that an H-web has, but it has an extra lace (and I am assuming the vertical bar is about as heavy as the two vertical posts on an H-web).

nissben

Freakin Ninja
my vote goes to the bmb-ob. IMO it was the best glove i used out of all the vincis i used to own.

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
my vote goes to the bmb-ob. IMO it was the best glove i used out of all the vincis i used to own.

I agree. I've had a BMB-OB, a PJV16, an RV56, and a Custom Optimus 12.75" and the BMB-OB was my favourite of all of them.

nissben

Freakin Ninja
Thats the only vnci i regret selling. I had the tan one, and i seriously felt that it was better than the optimus

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Crap, I just reread. It is the PJV416 that I think is the same pattern as the TJ1952. I think the PJV16 is more like the PJV, which looks a lot like the BMB pattern. The TJ1952 and PJV416 models I have relaced both measured 13.25" and the PJV I recently relaced was 12 5/8", just like my BMB.

Vinci needs to find more relatives. Do they really have to have a PJV, PJV04, PJV16, PJV416, PJV0416, PJV22 and PJV55?

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Crap, I just reread. It is the PJV416 that I think is the same pattern as the TJ1952. I think the PJV16 is more like the PJV, which looks a lot like the BMB pattern. The TJ1952 and PJV416 models I have relaced both measured 13.25" and the PJV I recently relaced was 12 5/8", just like my BMB.

Vinci needs to find more relatives. Do they really have to have a PJV, PJV04, PJV16, PJV416, PJV0416, PJV22 and PJV55?

This was good for a giggle.

OP, my suggestion would be the TJ or something with an H-web, will give the glove more structure than a trap since the floppiness is an issue.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
All full traps are PJVs. I know some people think the design of a trap does lend to floppyness and trouble with ground balls but I do not believe that

mikgars

Manager
Pjv vs pjv16 vs bmb-m
The 16 measures a true 13 whereas the pjv and the bmb were both around 12.5.
They are all useable in the OF. My personal preference would be the leather and pattern of the 16, the web and mesh of the M, the finger stalls of the PJV and the heel padding from one of the limited leather ones.

PJV

PJV16

BMB-M

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
I have been wanting to try a br46 for the past year or so. To me it looks like a great outfield glove