Lost a teammate this weekend

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
Sad hearing these stories. My dad passed from a sudden brain aneurysm in 1999, its scary how fast someone can go from healthy to gone. Enjoy the time you have with the people you care about.

Lord7

Banned User
Sorry to hear about this. I didn't read the whole thead, what kind of family did this guy leave behind?

Lord7

Banned User
Him and his wife split about a year back, and they had a little girl who is around 7 years old.

That is horrible. I had some resources I was going to offer the widow from when I lost my first wife, but I guess she won't need anything.

Steve99

Addicted to Softballfans
Sorry to hear that man. I lost a great teammate and real good friend last July in a car accident. Good luck to you and his family.

wink

Winkleton
I lost a teammate this weekend. I played in a tournament with him on Saturday. When I left the park he was cutting up and having a good time. I get a call Sunday morning saying he had passed away in his sleep.
I shook his hand before I left and said see next weekend. You never know when your time is coming. I hope you guys tell your teammates how much you appreciate them.

where did you play?

sorry for the loss!! Sympathies to family and friends!

wink

Winkleton
I've lost two softball friends.
One about 4 years ago ran from 2nd to home. Came into dugout, sat down. Said he felt funny, then slumped over right there. Died of a heart attack.
second was about 6 months ago. Hit with him in BP. Then got a call about 8am next morning that he had been in an accident and died around 2 am.

Very hard. I still think about both of them to this day.

noodle

At my signal unleash hell
every time i hear or read stuff like this, make me want to quit to spend more time with the wife and kids..........

wink

Winkleton
still not playing any tourney on a regular basis. League 4 night a week and the occasional tourney. Playing in one july 4th weekend. I keep getting invites, but have trouble getting off saturdays. They need more Sunday tournies:D

GNOLAUM

*insert dope custom title here
really sorry to hear this, life is pretty unexpected. just enjoy yourself while you are here and do everything you can to make sure you know where you are going. what kind of asa bat did he use?

Thakaz

Addicted to Softballfans
Sorry to hear about your loss, makes you think to stop and enjoy life and not let it fly by. It's all about enjoying the little things.

stud#11

officalhitmachine
Prays go out to his family..........................................We dunno the reason for his untimely death however we do know that GOD has never made a MISTAKE.

G&Tbats

Addicted to Softballfans
I lost a teammate this weekend. I played in a tournament with him on Saturday. When I left the park he was cutting up and having a good time. I get a call Sunday morning saying he had passed away in his sleep.
I shook his hand before I left and said see next weekend. You never know when your time is coming. I hope you guys tell your teammates how much you appreciate them.

Sorry to hear about your teamate, 40 is way too young.
Prayers to his family from michigan.

theBOMBsquad

Addicted to Softballfans
sorry for your loss i know how you feel. lost my best friend in a car accident 5 months ago.Just turned 20. It sucks when good people die.

chacha15

rec chip
Really sad to hear about your teammate and my condolences sent to you and his family. At least he went peacefully but still, its gonna be tough for his little girl and family left behind. Its probably gonna be awkward looking over to the position your teammate covered and not see him there. Be strong and support each other through these difficult times..

wdwlodge

Addicted to Softballfans
Sorry to hear about your friend. Sending prayers to his family. Our team just lost a former player a few weeks ago. He was just 33 and died from cancer. He was married and had a 5 year old daughter. Stories like this are really sad.

TODD6

Addicted to Softballfans
We just found out that the cause of death was due to an enlarged heart and hypertension. Thank you all for your kinds words, thoughts and prayers.