Mayweather - McGregor

Marshenko

Floyd Mayweather is lauded for being so "smart" in never taking chances. Alabama could quit the SEC and play nothing but little regional colleges and win 100 games in a row. It would be utterly meaningless. That is what Mayweather and his insufferable fans don't understand. By never, ever taking risks, by never being truly challenged, by avoiding any sort of fight that could be construed as a "rivalry", he didn't cement his legacy. He ruined it. Waiting til Pacquiao was shot to take a fight is the most bitchmade move imaginable. He should have fought Pacquiao in 2009. He fought an old and shot De La Hoya, a shot Mosely, and ducked Pacquiao for 5 years.

The North Remembers.

... Canelo Alvarez
... Miguel Cotto
... Juan Manuel Marquez
... Arturo Gatti
... Ricky Hatton
... Zab Judah

Tomato cans, the whole lot of them.

LngBallLvr

Addicted to Softballfans
In truth, once boxers get tagged with a few counters from Floyd, they quit attacking. Yes, he has boring fights, but that is because the opponent quits attacking too. Floyd is frustrating to watch if you hate him. If you love him, he is a master of his craft and a pleasure to watch.

Personally, I would like to see his head do a 360.

McGregor has no intention of fighting him. They are playing the public. The whole concept of this fight is ridiculous.

Marshenko

If Apollo Creed can come out of retirement to fight Ivan Drago, Mayweather and McGregor can get together and throw some hands.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
... Canelo Alvarez
... Miguel Cotto
... Juan Manuel Marquez
... Arturo Gatti
... Ricky Hatton
... Zab Judah

he never fought any of them if it wasn't completely on his terms when he decided to do it......

he's not exactly a people's champ......"i'll fight anyone, anywhere and anytime" dind't exactly come screaming out his mouth

maybe the best ever....i wouldn't argue....but still a cherry picking vagina

Marshenko

he never fought any of them if it wasn't completely on his terms when he decided to do it......

he's not exactly a people's champ......"i'll fight anyone, anywhere and anytime" dind't exactly come screaming out his mouth

maybe the best ever....i wouldn't argue....but still a cherry picking vagina

Canelo was 43-0-1 when they fought... what more do you want?

So he's "only" beaten like... 7 future HOFers.

Mosley
Canelo
De La Hoya
Gatti
Cotto
Marquez
Pacquiao

That's good enough for me. Yeah the Pacquiao fight was way too late, but he still beat him easily. It isn't like Mayweather stayed the same age while Pacquiao got 6 years older. He's actually older than Manny.

Last edited:

Stretch19

Grow up
hes fought some HOF no doubt, but most of them have been at the tail end of their careers and not in their prime...not saying it would have mattered b/c dudes defensive skills are so far past what most people can appreciate, but i think everyone agrees he picks fights that he knows he can win, over and over

3XC

Big Truss
... Canelo Alvarez
... Miguel Cotto
... Juan Manuel Marquez
... Arturo Gatti
... Ricky Hatton
... Zab Judah

The Judah fight, the one where Mayweather's father climbed in the ring to go after Zab Judah?

Or the Gatti fight, the one where Mayweather didn't make weight and paid Gatti to fight anyway?

He made Hatton move up to fight at 147, after agreeing at first to drop weight to fight Hatton at 140, where Hatton was better.

Oh, and he was out boxed by Castillo in the first fight, and the judges bailed him out. Few people outside of raging Mayweather fans (and they exist, its like listing your favorite color as "beige) think Mayweather won that fight.

As far as listing people he did fight, you may as well list people he wouldn't fight, starting with Margarito (chose instead to fight post-fishnet and heels De La Hoya, who was a joke).

Or this writeup, courtesy of the internet.

In 2005, Mayweather called out Winky Wright, the lineal and formerly undisputed 154lbs title holder who had just beaten Felix Trinidad at 160lbs and could point to two wins over Mosely. Wright agreed and within days had his team in the Top Rank (Floyd's promoters at the time) offices hammering out the details.

The details were hammered out: the bout would be at 154lbs but weigh-ins would be the morning of the bout rather than the day before and Wright would not be allowed to gain more than eight pounds between weighing in and the start of the contest. But Mayweather and Bob Arum suddenly pulled out, demanding changes to the purse-split and other such things until the bout was dead in the water.

Mayweather was brave to challenge the naturally larger Wright, a man basically in his prime and with a style that would have been awkward for Mayweather. But when you call someone out and agree all of the details, why then suddenly pull out and take on Sharmba Mitchell instead? That's ducking. Whether it was Arum or Mayweather who pulled the plug (Wright's promoter Shaw has blamed both Arum and Mayweather, depending on who was asking) it doesn't matter; it was a duck.

Stretch19

Grow up
welcome to 2:40 EST where i said hed never take a fight he couldnt dominate...nearly 2 hours later and you are still trying to convince people of whats already been said...good leg work there though

3XC

Big Truss
welcome to 2:40 EST where i said hed never take a fight he couldnt dominate...nearly 2 hours later and you are still trying to convince people of whats already been said...good leg work there though

Says the asshole that turned every Sports post on this site into a dissertation defense. Now you're trying to piss on my leg for finding a quote from another source? Fuck you.

Marshenko

Or the Gatti fight, the one where Mayweather didn't make weight and paid Gatti to fight anyway?

The hell are you talking about? Mayweather weighed in a pound under Gatti. Arturo was always the one who had difficulty making that weight. Mayweather was moving up.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
Canelo had to cut down to 152.....

one hundred and fifty two lbs......

again, i dont blame May but that's not exactly admirable....i'm not sure it woudl have mattered. That was a total destruction.

pac was 90, may was heavy for Marquez, Mosely was done, Gatti was done, he ducked Cotto for years....

again, you act like i'm taking something away from him....i'm not. i think he's the greatest ever......i just think he could have done it differnetly and w/ a little more guts

Primo

fat and famous pablo
sorry..i typed that and never hit enter and then did some stuff.....

i'm tno sure where we're at now

Stretch19

Grow up
i retract my compliment...your leg work was shoddy at best per usual; no factual data backing up your claims, just spew spew spew

Primo

fat and famous pablo
i think Cotto would have beaten him 3 years earlier....

i'm a cotto fan though.....and i'm probably wrong.

Marshenko

Canelo had to cut down to 152.....

one hundred and fifty two lbs......

again, i dont blame May but that's not exactly admirable....i'm not sure it woudl have mattered. That was a total destruction.

pac was 90, may was heavy for Marquez, Mosely was done, Gatti was done, he ducked Cotto for years....

again, you act like i'm taking something away from him....i'm not. i think he's the greatest ever......i just think he could have done it differnetly and w/ a little more guts

Still beat a much younger, stronger fighter in his prime handily (Alvarez).

... and if Pac was 90, Mayweather was 91.5, since he's older than Manny is.

Marshenko

i think Cotto would have beaten him 3 years earlier....

i'm a cotto fan though.....and i'm probably wrong.

Yeah doubtful, but who knows? Roughly three years prior Cotto lost to Pacquiao and Antonio Margarito, it is possible he had already jumped his peak.

chacha15

rec chip
down goes Cuckhold

B0c9GbH.gif

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
^^^was fun to watch. Was a great card last night. I've been super disappointed with UFC as of later. Last night was much better. Lots of good fights, even the prelims.