Metal disk break inside combat derby boys

Ok so I'm just wondering if any one had any of their metal disk inside their bat break? I was taking bp today and all of a sudden I can hear and feel the disk sliding throughout the barrel. It does have more pop now but isn't a crazy difference. Just wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

BOOMHAUER

COMbatants#87
My '13 DBA shattered the disk so I hit it till it became a 2 piece bat. The way the construction of that disk looked to me was a composite **** with a bolt through it and a washer on each side of the composite disk. I figured it was built this way to slow down the break down of the composite part of the disk from over compression. A solid metal disk would put a dead spot in the barrel because it would not allow the barrel to function properly by totally removing the trampoline effect.

Tomj2345

aka...TOM A.V.
busted an orange db that way and it was another 500 or so swings of pure fun until she was in 2pcs...crazy hot

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't, but the pic I had seen didn't have the washer and the middle looked composite/plastic to me.

hollywood9826

The Veteran
I don't, but the pic I had seen didn't have the washer and the middle looked composite/plastic to me.

I cant find pictures of my busted Wanted, but that picture had broke on the other side of the barell and the washer was not visible it was like a plastic piece that was glued in. So Im not sure if they dont use a metal washer anymore or somehow changed the desgin. But from what Ive seen the new stuff has not been rattling like the 13s did