Miken RECOIL

RalphG427

On the bench
Lucky for me most of the ball I play is either ASA (which I only have 2 bats) or its basically anything except ultras and senior league bats allowed so I don't really need to get rid of anything anytime soon am hopefully when the new stamp comes out I can reap the benefit of plumiting prices on non approved bats

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
To add ..

And the rumor is the same for ASA and NSA .. I'm not saying this will happen, I am saying that the rumor comes from reliable sources.

IMHO, it doesn't matter what you buy now. I believe all current bats in any association might be illegal to use.

This is the second time I have heard you say this, what is this rumor you speak of about ASA bats? I have heard the USSSA thing but there a numerous rumors about whether the bats will be grandfathered or not. NSA supposedly said after 2012 all bats produced will have to have a rolled over endcap to get their stamp, but I haven't heard anything about ASA other than those bats won't be allowed to be used in USSSA cause they aren't going to have the new stamp and will follow the same grandfather rules as the USSSA bats with the old stamps.

Country35

Banned User
This is the second time I have heard you say this, what is this rumor you speak of about ASA bats? I have heard the USSSA thing but there a numerous rumors about whether the bats will be grandfathered or not. NSA supposedly said after 2012 all bats produced will have to have a rolled over endcap to get their stamp, but I haven't heard anything about ASA other than those bats won't be allowed to be used in USSSA cause they aren't going to have the new stamp and will follow the same grandfather rules as the USSSA bats with the old stamps.

the rumor for ASA that has validity is that IF they switch to the 52 275 then they will alot 1.2 bpf bats

RalphG427

On the bench
I highly doubt ASA will ever allow 1.20 bpf bats w/o their stamp on them. It sounds great in theory and would be great for us guys that have them but it's just not gonna happen.

Country35

Banned User
thanks, I have heard that one but the bat companies and ball manufacturers won't allow this to happen.

I dunno dude, I was at the test site participating in the test to see if 1.2 bpf bats could surpass 98mph with the 52 275 and the top speeds that day with rolled utrip bats werer 93 and 94 mph. You could see it, and it would actually mean just as good of sales in bats if they require a new "tamper proof" end cap too, like Utrip and Nsa are trying to get done.

Country35

Banned User
I highly doubt ASA will ever allow 1.20 bpf bats w/o their stamp on them. It sounds great in theory and would be great for us guys that have them but it's just not gonna happen.

they would have to have ASA stamps still, would be like utrip where the next generation of bats would have them

AJ22

Super Moderator

There was a thread in the ASA section that now (mysteriously) is deleted .. and it was deleted recently.

There was a representative from one of the bat manufacturers and a Deputy UIC suggesting here with said posts .. I'd say those are pretty reliable sources to be in the know ..

I am not trying to start a rumor, but when members of this site in the know say something, I am not getting burned again like I did with my Voltage purchases. If I am wrong, so be it .. I'll buy again with what I will have in my bank account.

AveregeJay

Banned User
There was a thread in the ASA section that now (mysteriously) is deleted .. and it was deleted recently.

There was a representative from one of the bat manufacturers and a Deputy UIC suggesting here with said posts .. I'd say those are pretty reliable sources to be in the know ..

I am not trying to start a rumor, but when members of this site in the know say something, I am not getting burned again like I did with my Voltage purchases. If I am wrong, so be it .. I'll buy again with what I will have in my bank account.

You are just fueling the speculation which is OK I guess ;)

Totally different!

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci

Hmm, I never saw those posts which is why I was asking what you meant by that. Now i really wish I would have seen them, sounds like a good read.

Mark1980

Manager
Got my orange Recoil last year from the store for 150, I play NSA. Been my my only bat last year and this year, it has gone to a new level this year, hot as fire with probably well over 1000 hits. Me and a few guys on the team use it every game and BP. Never used an OG but the RI I got was decent when I first got it, but just keeps getting better and better, still looks pretty good and I don't think its close to breaking. Mine is the balanced and not the maxload, but the maxload version is not really endloaded it refers to the stiffness, the maxload (think they say 250 or whatever on the taper) are the stiffer ones while balanced (believe it has a 180 sticker on taper) are the softer ones. The more my breaks in the softer it gets, its to the point now that I can feel it bend in my hands like alot of the super soft Demarinis.

rkdgator

Addicted to Softballfans
Those recoils are reissues! and they take no where near as long to break in as the originals. I've had 2 so I know. The return on it is a Freak plus so you won't get a second one. They take about 500 swings and they are fire. One of the best deals going on right now.

Partly true. They do break in quickly and the one I had broke pretty quickly too. It was a great bat while it lasted though. I had the choice of F+ or Psycho for the return on it. I've had a + so I went with the Psycho. Have not hit it much but I assume it's pretty much the same bat as a Recoil with different paint.

ns09

Addicted to Softballfans
I've got a recoil that I plan on lasting me, and my team til the new "standards" come out. Its been a team bat for the past 2 years and still going strong.

russmcd

Addicted to Softballfans
Just bought this bat a couple months ago used from CL here in town and like it. I can't 'hit' it yet, but that's me. I have gotten a couple ropes off of it but still have to get used to it.

Letting all the guys on the team use it to help speed up the break in process. I think you'll like it and should use it as an excuse to play more softball so you can get all your hits out of it before the big ban hits.

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
Just bought this bat a couple months ago used from CL here in town and like it. I can't 'hit' it yet, but that's me. I have gotten a couple ropes off of it but still have to get used to it.

Letting all the guys on the team use it to help speed up the break in process. I think you'll like it and should use it as an excuse to play more softball so you can get all your hits out of it before the big ban hits.

The "big ban" only affects tournament play. Not league play.