Military Worlds/ Utrip Major World Series

Moody #21

SELF-EMPLOYED LAZY BUM
From Jeff Jackson:

THE WARFIGHTER SOFTBALL CLUB (WSC) PRESENTS THE FORMAT TO DETERMINE MILITARY CHAMPION FOR THE USSSA MAJOR WORLD SERIES.

1. The Varsity A Champion and Runner Up from the USSSA Military Worlds & Varsity A Champion and Runner up from the SSAA Military Worlds will participate in a four-team double elimination tournament on Labor Day Weekend at a minor league/college baseball stadium (TBD) using the USSSA Conference Rules (NO SCREENS).

2. If a one team has placed 1st or 2nd in both tourneys then the next highest finisher in the USSSA Military Worlds will be the fourth team.

3. Rosters will be locked as of the date you in entered the tournament that you represent and the only way to replace a player is to have a documented injury. Only one replacement player allowed per team.

softballfan123

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well, sounds like the best team to represent Mens Military will be determine on the field.
No screens, no one team automatic bid, no small fields and no issues with homeruns!!!
Where are the CRITICS now????

CGT #10

Addicted to Softballfans
Well, sounds like the best team to represent Mens Military will be determine on the field.
No screens, no one team automatic bid, no small fields and no issues with homeruns!!!

Allow me young man...How many West Coast teams plan on attending the SSAA Mil World event in Florence, SC? I'll go out on a limb here and say none. Aside from the Scraps and Semper, who else will legitimately compete for the title in Florence, SC? Honestly? Probably nobody.

Now Panama City will be a different story. You'll have the West Coast teams there in addition to Semper, Scraps and Doc's. Realistically you're probably looking at a 4 maybe 5 team race in Varsity A.

Now onto the "Playoff" if you will...I'll go out on a limb and say this will be held in Columbus, GA. That's all well and good but let's be honest, how many military teams aside from the Scraps have the budget to add this event to their schedule at the end of the year for the chance to go play in the Major World Series, which oh by the way, is another expense filled weekend for whichever team does have the priveldge to go represent our military on the biggest stage in softball.

Great idea for a team with a huge budget. Lord I hope to win the lottery one day!

CGT...out

Chubby_43

Allow me young man...How many West Coast teams plan on attending the SSAA Mil World event in Florence, SC? I'll go out on a limb here and say none. Aside from the Scraps and Semper, who else will legitimately compete for the title in Florence, SC? Honestly? Probably nobody.

Now Panama City will be a different story. You'll have the West Coast teams there in addition to Semper, Scraps and Doc's. Realistically you're probably looking at a 4 maybe 5 team race in Varsity A.

Now onto the "Playoff" if you will...I'll go out on a limb and say this will be held in Columbus, GA. That's all well and good but let's be honest, how many military teams aside from the Scraps have the budget to add this event to their schedule at the end of the year for the chance to go play in the Major World Series, which oh by the way, is another expense filled weekend for whichever team does have the priveldge to go represent our military on the biggest stage in softball.

Great idea for a team with a huge budget. Lord I hope to win the lottery one day!

CGT...out

LMAO.. All kidding aside.. You make great points... And at that Time allot of guys are at Camp. So if your best players go to Camp, the that will weaken your squad..

softballfan123

Addicted to Softballfans
Missing the Point

CGT...out

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Valid point CGT, but once again your seem to be missing the overall point of this OPPORTUNITY.

So how do you fix it? Based on your assessment there is no fix.

As far as teams competing, I would say that NCR, Ft Bragg, Ft. Hood, All American Bombers, JNJ, Scraps, Docs and Semper will all have an OPPORTUNITY to play both events. It's a shame that GI or any other west coast teams won't have that OPPORTUNITY because you’re talking $10,000-15,000 minimum in expenses for all three tournaments on the east coast.

Seems like this argument is being said for the conference teams who currently have sponsors and reside on the west coast.

So the only fixes are what?

1. Keep the current format and hopefully somebody goes if they can afford it.
2. Designate one team and everyone gets pissed off.
3. Do away with it all together and everyone gets pissed off because it would have been a great OPPORTUNITY for MILITARY BALLERS to get recognized.
4. Since Scraps is the only team with a budget, they help pay for whatever teams wins it. (not happening!!!)

All you did was B!$@& about it without a solution. I know that whatever armed forces you are apart off thought you better.

If a military team wants to compete at the MAJOR worlds they first have to fork over the $5000 entry fee to join the conference and then play in a minimum of 5 or 6 conference events and hopefully they will have enough points to make the top 16. Want to talk about the budget it takes to play in conference, just ask Moody how much it would have taken Legion to get in on it.

BLUF there is no simple way to fix it however at least the OPPORTUNITY is there!

CGT #10

Addicted to Softballfans
All you did was B!$@& about it without a solution. I know that whatever armed forces you are apart off thought you better.

You gotta be ****tin' me dude, really? Me b***h about something? Do you know me? Apparently not! All I do is state facts, plain and simple and the sad part about that is people don't want to hear the truth. Especially cats like you who are drinkin' the Kool Aid!

I've been doing this **** for a long time brother...played at higher levels than most military players have had the OPPORTUNITY to play at and that came from hard work and dedication to the craft my friend.

You mention a solution...how can there be a solution to a predetermined course of action? It's done son, it's written in stone like the tablets when Moses came down from the mountain!

But...when I win the lottery and actually have some cash to help make the decisions this is what I'll do:

The roster will consist of 15 players. The coaches from the top 5 finishing A teams will submit 2 players and the coaches from the top 5 finishing B teams will submit 1 player to complete the 15 man roster. There will be 3 coaches. The head coach will come from the winning A team, one assistant will come from the runner-up A team and the other assistant will come from the winning B team. If guys are unable to attend (player or coach) then next man up until you fill the roster.

This all really doesn't mean two ****'s to me...but if you'd like to discuss it further my name is Chadd Malin, usually wearing #10 and drinking a cold Chaddy Lite at most ballfields up and down the East Coast.

RedFalcon_27

Ball Collector

You gotta be ****tin' me dude, really? Me b***h about something? Do you know me? Apparently not! All I do is state facts, plain and simple and the sad part about that is people don't want to hear the truth. Especially cats like you who are drinkin' the Kool Aid!

I've been doing this **** for a long time brother...played at higher levels than most military players have had the OPPORTUNITY to play at and that came from hard work and dedication to the craft my friend.

You mention a solution...how can there be a solution to a predetermined course of action? It's done son, it's written in stone like the tablets when Moses came down from the mountain!

But...when I win the lottery and actually have some cash to help make the decisions this is what I'll do:

The roster will consist of 15 players. The coaches from the top 5 finishing A teams will submit 2 players and the coaches from the top 5 finishing B teams will submit 1 player to complete the 15 man roster. There will be 3 coaches. The head coach will come from the winning A team, one assistant will come from the runner-up A team and the other assistant will come from the winning B team. If guys are unable to attend (player or coach) then next man up until you fill the roster.

This all really doesn't mean two ****'s to me...but if you'd like to discuss it further my name is Chadd Malin, usually wearing #10 and drinking a cold Chaddy Lite at most ballfields up and down the East Coast.

Hahaha...and there it is.

FUPA

Addicted to Softballfans
Again i still ask the question as to where are the guys that are in the "B" Division? They are loyal players to what this is all about..MILITARY representation but yet they are left in the dust because they chose their base team.

softballfan what opportunity? Our voices as players are not heard, and when it is guys like you say we are bitching. If they were we would have reps (people with a clue) at each of these so called meetings. But again we dont!

Next lets think about some stuff here about this tournament.

The roster has to stay the same from the tournament you placed. What if you have a couple of guys get short notice deployments? Child being born? Death in the family? And as you stated above with my corrections "I know that whatever armed forces you are apart of, you were taught better." Which basically states, do not just come with problems, have solutions. So how do we get around the problems I stated? Easy you say that if a player was on another roster at anytime they cant be picked up...SOLUTION!

Second, last time i checked most people involved in the decision making are not doctors. So does this mean that if someone is hurt they need to bring their medical records as well? Who determines if its a legitimate injury? What if I have to go get an IV because i drank to many Chaddy Lights? Would that suffice, I am in the hospital. I am being seen by a doctor!

Lastly I will state the honest opinion. We have people that are involved in the decision making process that are so far separated from the softball of today and they are killing it. The money is nice and those people that are benefiting will continue to take sides and then when its gone they will wash them under the rug and move onto the next best thing. Its a shame but its reality. And I along with Chadd will never hide from discussion.

So PCS somewhere that does not have an all star team w/ money and then see how you like some of the decisions made.

And one last thing...I thought Roger was the U-trip military director. If that is the case why are getting all these changed updates from Jeff because I thought he was one of the coaches/sponsors of Scraps. If he is indeed the coach/sponsor of Drash and then the major sponsor of the tournament he should have no say in tournament rules. That is called conflict of interest...my branch taught me that too. See Chadd, im learning..haha

Gary

Last edited:

PONY

Addicted to Softballfans
LMAO...My man! Spot on brutha! You made that sound too easy and fair...imagine that!!

firemanbutch

~Brag Post~ ;)
Again i still ask the question as to where are the guys that are in the "B" Division? They are loyal players to what this is all about..MILITARY representation but yet they are left in the dust because they chose their base team.

softballfan what opportunity? Our voices as players are not heard, and when it is guys like you say we are bitching. If they were we would have reps (people with a clue) at each of these so called meetings. But again we dont!

Next lets think about some stuff here about this tournament.

The roster has to stay the same from the tournament you placed. What if you have a couple of guys get short notice deployments? Child being born? Death in the family? And as you stated above with my corrections "I know that whatever armed forces you are apart of, you were taught better." Which basically states, do not just come with problems, have solutions. So how do we get around the problems I stated? Easy you say that if a player was on another roster at anytime they cant be picked up...SOLUTION!

Second, last time i checked most people involved in the decision making are not doctors. So does this mean that if someone is hurt they need to bring their medical records as well? Who determines if its a legitimate injury? What if I have to go get an IV because i drank to many Chaddy Lights? Would that suffice, I am in the hospital. I am being seen by a doctor!

Lastly I will state the honest opinion. We have people that are involved in the decision making process that are so far separated from the softball of today and they are killing it. The money is nice and those people that are benefiting will continue to take sides and then when its gone they will wash them under the rug and move onto the next best thing. Its a shame but its reality. And I along with Chadd will never hide from discussion.

So PCS somewhere that does not have an all star team w/ money and then see how you like some of the decisions made.

And one last thing...I thought Roger was the U-trip military director. If that is the case why are getting all these changed updates from Jeff because I thought he was one of the coaches/sponsors of Scraps. If he is indeed the coach/sponsor of Drash and then the major sponsor of the tournament he should have no say in tournament rules. That is called conflict of interest...my branch taught me that too. See Chadd, im learning..haha

Gary

LMAO...My man! Spot on brutha! You made that sound too easy and fair...imagine that!!

It's crazy that no matter how many people are saying the same thing yet there are still people who won't "hear" what is being said. Gary and Chad have very valid points, it will be interesting (NOT) to hear what the response is to them. Something tells me it will be similar to the same responses given already by the same guy who represents the Drash Scraps team. I agree with you 100% Gary, wonder what kind of tune this guy would be singing if he were stationed at a base/post/fort that didn't have all the money because we all know money talks.

PONY

Addicted to Softballfans
I had/have a HUGE problem with the berth being awarded to ANY team that hadn't earned it...period. The powers that be tried to come up with a solution that they deem fair to everyone and this was their solution. Far beit for me to sit here and criticize what they believe is fair to everyone, regardless of how I personally feel about it.

Good luck to everybody this year.

FUPA

Addicted to Softballfans
Pony you need to have that team that was at the Dudley, I think that would be the team to beat....

softballfan123

Addicted to Softballfans
quote=CGT #10;16914936]All you did was B!$@& about it without a solution. I know that whatever armed forces you are apart off thought you better.

This all really doesn't mean two ****'s to me...but if you'd like to discuss it further my name is Chadd Malin, usually wearing #10 and drinking a cold Chaddy Lite at most ballfields up and down the East Coast.[/quote]

Chad, I am glad to see your decision making process still works. Now, submit that idea to USSSA, Roger, Jeff Miller or Jeff Jackson and see where it goes.

My name is James Parris, I usually wear #13, red koolaid is my drink of choice but I'll buy you a cold one and we can hash it out about whatever, not just an event that you or I don't have any control of.

FUPA

Addicted to Softballfans
Chad, I am glad to see your decision making process still works. Now, submit that idea to USSSA, Roger, Jeff Miller or Jeff Jackson and see where it goes.

Again my question....Why Jeff Jackson? There is a huge conflict there and you know it. Roger and Jeff Miller will say OK to anything because of the money. Have unbiased people as part of the board, and no one team or sponsor can have more than 1 member on the board. Issues are brought up at the meeting and voted on during that meeting. Guarantee this will help alot of the issues. I know it will never happen but I think it should to get rid of alot of the he said/she said crap.

I should just take over as military director....

Rhodi#1

Addicted to Softballfans
Thoughts from an old retired guy

Been an interesting read and love seeing/reading what Chadd and Gary have to say. I echo many of their thoughts but would add a couple of thoughts/questions:

Why would anyone need to petition Jackson, isn't he the coach of Scraps? I thought USSSA made decisions? I guess that might be hard when you're counting money, can't see the players for the greenbacks.

Decent start with the winners of USSSA and SSAA but why not include WSL and let WSL run a west coast tournament? There are a very small handful of folks/teams capable of financing trips to all but there is one for sure (Drash) who apparently is on the BOD for USSSA.

Why not give away $5000 to the winner of each tournament? And another $5K to the winner of the Super 6? I mean USSSA is taking baths in money right now, correct?

My name is Jason Acre and I like to drink Miller Lites, sit in my fold-up chair and talk about the good ole days!!!

Rhodi#1
AKA J Acre

Top Flight 43

Addicted to Softballfans
OK.....I started this post with info that I felt the military softball community should know. However the outcome of the deciding team is an embarrassment to all of softball.

Jeff, you are hosting a 4 team tournament in Sept where most military teams that can and have beaten your team (Scraps) in the past may not be able to attend because of budget. So what that will do is eliminate everyone except your team. Well ask yourself this.....what has the scraps past or present ever won? I'll answer for you....NOTHING THAT MATTERS! Yes I can say that because I've been there the last 3 years and never seen you guys play on Sunday.

Now if you want to be fair.....why not pick the team from the usssa worlds and you Jeff Jackson sponsor that team to the B worlds and then to the Majors. This way they will get some preparation in before the big dance. Also who the hell plays with a screen? This is tournament ball not company level league ball.

I will say this .....this program is going down the toilet because of changes made to try and help Scraps win a REAL world title and not that intemural crap they win and call them selves world champs. I'm not Chad Marlin but I wear #43 drink viatim water and can be seen patrolling the isles of walmart and I swing Miken.

PONY

Addicted to Softballfans
Are you gonna tell us how you really feel? LMAO!!

OK.....I started this post with info that I felt the military softball community should know. However the outcome of the deciding team is an embarrassment to all of softball.

Jeff, you are hosting a 4 team tournament in Sept where most military teams that can and have beaten your team (Scraps) in the past may not be able to attend because of budget. So what that will do is eliminate everyone except your team. Well ask yourself this.....what has the scraps past or present ever won? I'll answer for you....NOTHING THAT MATTERS! Yes I can say that because I've been there the last 3 years and never seen you guys play on Sunday.

Now if you want to be fair.....why not pick the team from the usssa worlds and you Jeff Jackson sponsor that team to the B worlds and then to the Majors. This way they will get some preparation in before the big dance. Also who the hell plays with a screen? This is tournament ball not company level league ball.

I will say this .....this program is going down the toilet because of changes made to try and help Scraps win a REAL world title and not that intemural crap they win and call them selves world champs. I'm not Chad Marlin but I wear #43 drink viatim water and can be seen patrolling the isles of walmart and I swing Miken.

PONY

Addicted to Softballfans
We had a very good team at the Dudley bro, but that team wouldn't qualify for the military worlds. That team was still missing Randy Wilhide & Tony Patrick. Should be a great year for us.

Pony you need to have that team that was at the Dudley, I think that would be the team to beat....

RedFalcon_27

Ball Collector
I've got a great idea. Let's just say eff softball. We'll have a bigass backyard BBQ at G's house. Everyone is invited. We can just get a huge game of wiffle ball going and drink ourselves stupid. Once we're at that point, the cornhole tournament will commence. When we're officially in alcoholic comas, we'll all pass out and wake up the next day to play 18 holes of golf and start the process all over again. There. Done. Problem solved. You're welcome 'Merica. My name is Will Twaddell. I'm an alcoholic and I'm Chadd Malin's son.

Last edited:

CGT #10

Addicted to Softballfans
I've got a great idea. Let's just say eff softball. We'll have a bigass backyard BBQ at G's house. Everyone is invited. We can just get a huge game of wiffle ball going and drink ourselves stupid. Once we're at that point, the cornhole tournament will commence. When we're officially in alcoholic comas, we'll all pass out and wake up the next day to play 18 holes of golf and start the process all over again. There. Done. Problem solved. You're welcome 'Merica. My name is Will Twaddell. I'm an alcoholic and I'm Chadd Malin's son.

Love ya lil buddy...count me in!

BAMAJACK

Star Player
I'm not sure why everyone is counting out a lot of good teams. NCR, GI, SEMPER, etc. The worlds are a different animal. You never know who's going to win it or come in second. Sorry if this doesn't appeal to everyone. I imagine if a west coast team qualifies they would ensure the tourney is in the Midwest as a minimum. They are also trying to find a sponsor to offset the lodging and meal cost (within the guidelines of the DOD Joint Ethics Reg). As more data becomes available they will push it out.

Hoodles25

Addicted to Softballfans
Worlds is what we will make. All other tournies will be tough for us (West Coast Teams) as many have expressed. BUDGET!! We pay a lot out of pocket to make it to the east coast.. Plus the airports we usually have to fly into is by a 10 man prop plane that coast $6K per person with luggage limit of 11 lbs. If there was any way to run a west coast tourney and an east coast tourney (besides the worlds) would be the best solution for all west coast teams. Just my 2 cents but HEY!! (AS SI from Duck Dynasty says) Back in NAM that how we did it. Ha-Ha. I'm old and remember when worlds was out here in Tucson.
Also Jeff did you find out about the 40+ program and the suggestions that we talked about to streamline the games. We will be putting a team in as myself and Delsi are putting a West Coast Team together but the tourney has to be streamlined!

I am Hondell Blocker drink whatever is in front of me and take motrin (800, 600, 400, 200, 100), asprin, tylenol, COUMADIN (for my pulmonary embolism), lovenox, viagra, cialis, cymbalta, nexium, naproxen cortisone, and Just for Men!! all before 5am... lol

edspanish

The Puerto Rican!!
SIMPLE QUESTION (HOPEFULLY)

Is there ever a chance that worlds can me moved to the west side one year. I know its always been in panama city, FL. I know the USAFE tourney moves from base to base alost every year, well from what i remember back in 02-05. I know this is off subject but had I to ask. It will be nice to have it in BLD Vegas. Im stationed at Luke so it will be nice one year to not have to pay $400+ in tickets to play. Just saying.

By the way Twaddell thats a great idea! Can i be invited. I'll bring some food. Im Heriberto Gonzalez. I wear #21, you will find me with a bottle of corona or barcardi rum and coke while listening to salsa. Eating arroz con pollo!

Big Al#55

Photographer
Back in the old days, The MEDCOM used to move around. I think it's a great idea if the worlds rotated to the home of the champions. If they don't have the facilities or support, then pass it on to the next in line. Panama City is nice but it would be nice to see it out in Texas, Vegas, Carolinas, DC, etc.......Columbus would be nice and there's a great park there with more than enough fields and the support of a base. Varisity A could be played in the minor league stadium.

BAMAJACK

Star Player
I hope they do move it. I've recommended them looking at the Midwest as a minimum. Unfortunately, the powers that be have a relationship with PCB. We need a site that will match and/of beat what PCB offers. As a minimum, $40K in cash, free field use, free maintenance crews, and reduced room rates. I think it should rotate every three years. I tried to move it to Mrytle Beach (325') TURF with the new M class Gold Dot extreme, but Mrytle Beach wouldn't support it (Freedom Softball country). I'll talk with folks at USSSSA and others to see what we can do. The big issue is how many teams are in the west USSSA wise versus the East Coast. If we can come up with another Military World on the west coast and the Midwest in 2014 we can pull off an 8-team tourney.

softballfan123

Addicted to Softballfans
SIMPLE QUESTION (HOPEFULLY)

Is there ever a chance that worlds can me moved to the west side one year. I know its always been in panama city, FL. I know the USAFE tourney moves from base to base alost every year, well from what i remember back in 02-05. I know this is off subject but had I to ask. It will be nice to have it in BLD Vegas. Im stationed at Luke so it will be nice one year to not have to pay $400+ in tickets to play. Just saying.

By the way Twaddell thats a great idea! Can i be invited. I'll bring some food. Im Heriberto Gonzalez. I wear #21, you will find me with a bottle of corona or barcardi rum and coke while listening to salsa. Eating arroz con pollo!

Vegas would be nice, hot as hell but a definite yes to this one.

Back in the old days, The MEDCOM used to move around. I think it's a great idea if the worlds rotated to the home of the champions. If they don't have the facilities or support, then pass it on to the next in line. Panama City is nice but it would be nice to see it out in Texas, Vegas, Carolinas, DC, etc.......Columbus would be nice and there's a great park there with more than enough fields and the support of a base. Varisity A could be played in the minor league stadium.

MEDCOM tournaments at Walter Reed is a definite throw back to the past. Al you ever played up there? Walter Reed had a pretty tough squad from 92-95

Big League Dreams in California is nice. They have 5 or 6 of them to choose from

Never been there but they say they have some of the best field out west.