Milwaukee WSC Elite League

klu

on the mound
Yeah. Swingmen are out, not sure about rookies, so out squad is just gonna kill everyone n play 4 innings a week

sjury

The Old Man
Klu that is exactly what I'm so pissed off about. Doesn't it make it more fun if you have to play every inning and every game at your best because if you mess up you'll lose? I would rather go .500 in the WSC against teams that every game we could win or lose, then go 14-0 in some county or city bar rec league. It's teams, with that scaredy cat attitude, that ruin it for everyone.

WiscBdevils06

Addicted to Softballfans
klu that is exactly what i'm so pissed off about. Doesn't it make it more fun if you have to play every inning and every game at your best because if you mess up you'll lose? I would rather go .500 in the wsc against teams that every game we could win or lose, then go 14-0 in some county or city bar rec league. It's teams, with that scaredy cat attitude, that ruin it for everyone.

bingooooooooooooo!

sjury

The Old Man
^^^ Whatever ^^^ I heard last year Klu wanted half his guys to wear skirts so they could play co-ed.... LOL

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
Looks like I'm a free agent! I'd prefer to play as a catcher or outfielder in the upper, but I'd be open to playing in the lower. For anyone who doesn't know me, I'm a decent 1st or 2nd baseman too. I love controlling the game and doing all the little things nobody else does behind the plate though. I feel that is where I'm the most effective for the team. Plus it's kinda nice knowing you have a catcher who will eat a 90mph Harper fastball before letting it get by him. ;)

WiscBdevils06

Addicted to Softballfans
Looks like I'm a free agent! I'd prefer to play as a catcher or outfielder in the upper, but I'd be open to playing in the lower. For anyone who doesn't know me, I'm a decent 1st or 2nd baseman too. I love controlling the game and doing all the little things nobody else does behind the plate though. I feel that is where I'm the most effective for the team. Plus it's kinda nice knowing you have a catcher who will eat a 90mph Harper fastball before letting it get by him. ;)

lets find this guy a team...

sjury

The Old Man
Chris, talk to Nick, we're in the lower on Wednesdays. I'm sure we can find a spot for you.

WiscBdevils06

Addicted to Softballfans
2 that i'm aware of. Mad dog is a fantastic sponsor. And I'm glad they are partnering up. They treat their teams and customers good.

WiscBdevils06

Addicted to Softballfans
Opening Day for the WSC Gruber Elite Softball League is Weds April 10th!

WSC League Tournament runs Sunday August 18 through Friday August 23rd 2013.

steelbutcher

Manager
We are an average team at best, playing in this made us show up every week ready to play a good team for 50 minutes. We all chipped in $75.00 which covered the league fee, player fee and stats dude. We don't have uniforms (most of the guys would'nt wear them anyways) so that came out to $5.35 a game. So cost is a crap reason not to play imo. Originally we thought the whole stats thing was a little over board, but it turned out to be pretty cool. Bottom line we had a blast, it was run better than any other league I've ever played in. Look foward to another year and glad to see new teams coming aboard.

WiscBdevils06

Addicted to Softballfans
We are an average team at best, playing in this made us show up every week ready to play a good team for 50 minutes. We all chipped in $75.00 which covered the league fee, player fee and stats dude. We don't have uniforms (most of the guys would'nt wear them anyways) so that came out to $5.35 a game. So cost is a crap reason not to play imo. Originally we thought the whole stats thing was a little over board, but it turned out to be pretty cool. Bottom line we had a blast, it was run better than any other league I've ever played in. Look foward to another year and glad to see new teams coming aboard.

Thanks...Its more expensive because we rent the facilities and have to pay for the umps and scorers and the scoreboards, the regular county leagues have umpires budgeted in from tax payer money. I do try to run the league very well so teams have a great experience and hopefully the league will continue to grow. The competition is second to none. Thanks to everyone who has bought in and came along.

sjury

The Old Man
Just bringing the WSC back to the front page.

Hey Brandon when you get a chance can you list the teams in the league and what spots are open? Thanks