Minnesota 2015: Dead thread

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
SuperDuper.gif

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
I want a 27oz 13 or 14 AM. I have a 27oz 14 Juggy I'd add to a deal. PM me of interested in that or weird stuff.

Derek01

D + BP DON'T= C
I am still looking to move this, it hasn't been used since the date the pic was taken. Open to offers. 26oz.

D7FEAAE9-9FD7-4DEC-B69F-D18811F86547_zpszsstkaol.jpg

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
I'll give you a voucher for one HJ courtesy of Squeaks and one firm ass grab from BigD75 and AND $5. Both vouchers never expire. I also don't keep track of usage so for all I care you can use them for life.

Derek01

D + BP DON'T= C
I'll give you a voucher for one HJ courtesy of Squeaks and one firm ass grab from BigD75 and AND $5. Both vouchers never expire. I also don't keep track of usage so for all I care you can use them for life.

Solid offer. Here is my counter offer.

You give me a voucher for one ZJ courtesy of Squeaks and one firm ass grab from BigD75 and $100.Still no expiration on vouchers.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
Solid offer. Here is my counter offer.

You give me a voucher for one ZJ courtesy of Squeaks and one firm ass grab from BigD75 and $100.Still no expiration on vouchers.

You lost me at ZJ. I am not sure what it is so I'm sure I can't afford it.

RodeoClown

ACCOUNT DELETED
weather permitting, Ryan, Jesse and I were thinking of hitting weds at 3:30 in Albertville if anyone wants to join us

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
For you guys with kids that have gone through T-ball, what size bat do you usually get the kid?

I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing.

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans
For you guys with kids that have gone through T-ball, what size bat do you usually get the kid?

I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing.

Yes, just get something cheap from Walmart or Target (like Hedge said). There is a tee ball size bat. Just take her with and make sure it's something she can swing.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Right on. I didn't even know they came in weights until I was looking online. I thought it was like "Do you want the pink one, the blue one, the silver one or the black one?"

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I was thinking if I could find something super cheap, she could swing it around the backyard. Ended up on the bay, which is a bit much.

Plus, we have fences, so I want her to work on hitting dingers.

hedge

life takes guts
hitting dingers is more of a way of life than just a part of a silly game. i applaud you for teaching it early in life.

hedge

life takes guts
since we are bringing up youth sports....opinion on making a 12U pitcher and middle infielder wear a face mask.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
since we are bringing up youth sports....opinion on making a 12U pitcher and middle infielder wear a face mask.

I don't have kids but if I did I'd make him/her wear a mask until they are in high school and would let them make a choice. Just not worth it until they get a better grip on the game, IMO.

hedge

life takes guts
I don't have kids but if I did I'd make him/her wear a mask until they are in high school and would let them make a choice. Just not worth it until they get a better grip on the game, IMO.

that's kind of what i'm thinking. it's her first year of "travel" softball but she has been pitching for a few years already. i don't think kids have the reaction time until 15 or 16 to protect their face.

rmothes

Star Player
I can't believe they don't require pitchers wear the helmets with face-masks. Everybody on the hitting team who is in the field must wear a helmet, and the pitcher is closer to getting hit than everybody but the batter/catcher even if they have a glove to protect themselves. Don't be surprised if they do make it a requirement soon. And because of that along with what you said about reaction time, the sooner she gets used to wearing it, the more comfortable she'll be with it.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
hitting dingers is more of a way of life than just a part of a silly game. i applaud you for teaching it early in life.

Lets be realistic, is the coolest player the kid that can throw it 10 feet, or the one that hits a dinger and disgraces the other teams families?

I'd have her wear one. Don't lots of kids wear them?

hedge

life takes guts
im almost 30 and i wear a mask. Its personal preference.

you have to brotect your money maker

I can't believe they don't require pitchers wear the helmets with face-masks. Everybody on the hitting team who is in the field must wear a helmet, and the pitcher is closer to getting hit than everybody but the batter/catcher even if they have a glove to protect themselves. Don't be surprised if they do make it a requirement soon. And because of that along with what you said about reaction time, the sooner she gets used to wearing it, the more comfortable she'll be with it.

i wouldn't be shocked if the requirements come sooner than later, but until then she will be wearing one if she wants to be in the infield.

Lets be realistic, is the coolest player the kid that can throw it 10 feet, or the one that hits a dinger and disgraces the other teams families?

I'd have her wear one. Don't lots of kids wear them?

here's the thing with t-ball though...it's more chaos than anything. half the kids are picking their boogers, 25% are trying to talk to their parents mid game and the rest are actually there to play.

I am 30 and I just bought a lacrosse helmet to replace my worth mask. I remember about 7 years ago I bought a mask and was a joke... now you see middle infielders with masks. To each their own.

i remember seeing masks only at povs and now i see them in almost all of the league games up here.

Hits Happen 20

Endless Retirement tour
I coached fastpitch the last few years (2 yrs 10u 2 yrs 12U) and I always left that up to the player and the parents. Thing I did notice,in my girls, the one in masks were more afraid of the ball than others (fielders). Luckily in those years I only had two girls ever get hit in the head by the ball. Both were mask wearers and the mask did nothing to prevent injury in either case. As they were hit on the side of the head.

My daughter never wore one I always toyed with making her but she always told me it felt uncomfortable and blocked her vision.

I do make my son wear a batting helmet with a mask since I have seen to many 11 year olds get plunked in the head for my liking and I am amazed by how much grief we get about that.

hedge

life takes guts
the side of the head will always be exposed in the field unless you go full helmet, which i don't think is realistic in fastpitch.

i know what the fields are like that she'll be playing on and i've seen a ton of bad hops on them. to me, i'd rather her get used to it now rather then trying to implement it later in life.

Hits Happen 20

Endless Retirement tour
One hit was just a fluke kind of thing, screaming liner goes off 1b glove just enough to tip it into the 2B side of her face, ended up dislocating her jaw.

the other was the girl was afraid of the ball and would always turn her head. Tried and tried to correct but she wasn't having it ( shouldn't have been playing but board members daughter) .

I'd also invest in a good field rake then. We had the board order some of them for our fields and either we (coaches) or a parent would rake before and after each practice and game and this has improved the bad hops and overall field conditions.

I wish this could be done on the slowpitch fields all the time....