Minnesota 2015: Dead thread

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
I hurt as well

One benefit to going 2-2 is I can get 36 holes in on Sunday :thumb:

Disadvantage of going 3-2 is you get to show up at 8 am to get ten runned. Advantage was they put us on the showfield. Plus Brownie gave me discounted sweatpants since I bought a faceoff.

Hinzy... I'm jealous you get to play ball with King. Always like playing ball with him. He's a helluva player. The Flatline guys were about ready to make sweet, sweet love to him because he was fast to first. Lefty advantage... haha.

Congrats to T's 13, Elite and Miken/Lookout on their wins! Who is all in 6s?

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Those Combat sweatpants are awesome. I bought a pair at Corky's last year.

We're playing in Champlin the weekend of 6's. Our next ASA tournament will be Shakopee.

squeakslang3

offically unofficial
C's looking real competitive this year.... Seems anyone can beat anyone on any given day

very balanced this year. There is no dominant team right now. Maniax take 2nd in Mound (we go 0-2 in mound), fast forward a week and we take them 9 innings. Just an example, a bad one but an example none the less.

hedge

life takes guts
what's a good size bat for a 12 y/o fast pitch player and where is a decent spot to check some out locally?

my kids team is using bats older than guny

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
Excited for a short drive to league for the first time ever.....

Bloomington isn't a terrible drive and I prefer the competition, but a 10 minute drive for another night of league is just what the doctored ordered.

Well I drove 15 minutes from work to league last night and couldnt hit again. 1/4 with a BB in coed. I am losing it/have lost it. I might have to discuss my retirement with Trav. Wonder if it'd cause any salary cap issues?

Kenny Powers

Addicted to Softballfans
Well I drove 15 minutes from work to league last night and couldnt hit again. 1/4 with a BB in coed. I am losing it/have lost it. I might have to discuss my retirement with Trav. Wonder if it'd cause any salary cap issues?

Keep getting swings. We have been winning with 1/2 the team in a slump.

t722j

Addicted to Softballfans
RANT POST:
So here is my Corky's story. Picked up with a team from WI because they said they were short a guy. Drive over for the Friday night game (45min) and notice there are 11 guys. That's weird, don't seem short to me. So back for Sat morning game at 10. I was the 10th guy for this game, one of the guys had work or something. We win pretty convincingly, and our next game isn't until 5pm. Looooong wait. So the team heads over to watch some of the open games for a while. 6hrs go by and I follow everyone over to the other fields for our next game. And as we are warming up, the missing guy shows up. Manager comes to me and says, I think we are only going to play with 10 for this game, I hope that is ok with you! WTF?!?!? I said, you don't think you could have told me that before I waited around for 6hrs?
So, long story short, I wasted basically my whole day to not even play.... Upset is an understatement.
/Rant

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
It doesn't make sense that they wouldn't just bat 11.

"Hi stranger, come sit on our bench!" just seems sketchy.

t722j

Addicted to Softballfans
Yea, Friday night we did bat 11. making it all the more aggravating. Oh well, what can you do. Guy told me initially he needed and outfielder (which I play well). I get there and he has me play 1st Friday, NBD because I have played there some. then Sat morning I'm catching... over 2 games LF dropped 6 balls... whatever.

squeakslang3

offically unofficial
Yea, Friday night we did bat 11. making it all the more aggravating. Oh well, what can you do. Guy told me initially he needed and outfielder (which I play well). I get there and he has me play 1st Friday, NBD because I have played there some. then Sat morning I'm catching... over 2 games LF dropped 6 balls... whatever.

Its not your main team atleast.

I would still be mad though.

Like the one time i drove up to Hanover for a weekend to play but never played and was never on the roster. Was never informed of it till the chip game on sunday.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
You kind of have to be up front with that sort of thing. It's a ****ty thing to tell somebody, but people have to know their role when they're showing up for tournaments, especially if it's just "Sit over there and don't touch anything".

hedge

life takes guts
well what other cages are decent? just looking for a place for my kid to get some swings in