MINNESOTA Thread: Mother Nature hates MN softball.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
Well actually what is exciting about the Fireman's Open Bracket is Burd*ck Builders versus THE VAULT!

Winner automatically wins the chip game.

I'd be interested in that game if I was playing in it....

See you in the coed bracket, brah. Maybe slum it in Tier 2.

fattymcgee

Proud daddy
What are some of the better leagues in the upper or central part of the metro? We were in Brooklyn Center last year, but couldn't play on Wed nights this year so we moved to the Fridley Thursday league. That league does not have any competition so we want to play somewhere else next year, does anyone have any suggestions? Where do the D tourney teams play?

We didn't want to play in BC because the Thursday league is supposed to be for C tourney teams, but looking at their website there are no standings or schedule for the Thursday league. Did the Thursday night league fold?

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I think the quality of the Thursday league in BC really dropped the last couple of years.

You already know about Wednesday in BC. That's a solid league still. Wednesday in Champlin was always pretty solid. Tuesday doubleheaders in BP (at Noble) is a good league, too.

fattymcgee

Proud daddy
I think the quality of the Thursday league in BC really dropped the last couple of years.

You already know about Wednesday in BC. That's a solid league still. Wednesday in Champlin was always pretty solid. Tuesday doubleheaders in BP (at Noble) is a good league, too.

Looking at the Brooklyn Center/Crystal websites there is no longer a Tuesday nor a Thursday men's league. The Monday league only has 5 teams, but the Wednesday league has 20 teams. That Wednesday league was good, but we didnt' have enough guys to field a team on Wednesdays.

I wish there was a good league in the central metro that played on 300' fields. I've got a few guys that come from the south side and it seems all the good leagues are too far north for them.

Derek01

D + BP DON'T= C
I believe we play on 300' fields in Plymouth, but as for it being a good league, well that it is not. We play in the upper division and like usual there are 2 other teams that are give us good competition and all the others not so much. Also, teams take league there pretty seriously.

Ringer44

Addicted to Softballfans
Looking at the Brooklyn Center/Crystal websites there is no longer a Tuesday nor a Thursday men's league. The Monday league only has 5 teams, but the Wednesday league has 20 teams. That Wednesday league was good, but we didnt' have enough guys to field a team on Wednesdays.

I wish there was a good league in the central metro that played on 300' fields. I've got a few guys that come from the south side and it seems all the good leagues are too far north for them.

That league folded, Tuesdays in Brooklyn park, you hVe mayhem, blue line, some of the dehns bros, and fully loaded. There are a couple other ok teams there too. Champlin Thursday night upper has some good teams as well, most of the outpost and some of the extreme guys are playing on different teams out there

hrbekroenick

I believe we play on 300' fields in Plymouth, but as for it being a good league, well that it is not. We play in the upper division and like usual there are 2 other teams that are give us good competition and all the others not so much. Also, teams take league there pretty seriously.

^^^ and get multiple players tossed :D

hrbekroenick

True, I hope the actions of 2 of them that got booted don't give us a bad reputation forever.

Don't sweat it, I had to get a little jab in there since we were playing right after you guys.

It could be worse, you could get tossed for saying FUNK like I did RIGHT BALDY????

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
What are some good Monday night fall leagues in the NW metro?

I'm guessing Rogers has one, and BC has one. Is there one in St. Michael or Hanover?

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
Couple nice bombs you hit to the infield though bro.

After our 10 inning marathon game with JEB I was working on drawing you nerds in so in the later stages of the game i'd go wall banging for a triple. It's science.

Plus, I had as many hits as your pitcher did that game.

Bubs77

Addicted to Softballfans
After our 10 inning marathon game with JEB I was working on drawing you nerds in so in the later stages of the game i'd go wall banging for a triple. It's science.

Plus, I had as many hits as your pitcher did that game.

Hahahahaha... I was talking first game Sunday bro...but yes you did in our game...

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
Hahahahaha... I was talking first game Sunday bro...but yes you did in our game...

Oh yeah I did. I had a double.

I dont think I registered a hit Sunday. Nope, definitely didn't. I didnt' strike out though, in which Stevetox did 4 times this weekend. Did you know that a mug of Angry Orchard with a shot of Fireball is $10? Steve found that out when 5 of us got that post game at Babe's.

Bubs77

Addicted to Softballfans
Oh yeah I did. I had a double.

I dont think I registered a hit Sunday. Nope, definitely didn't. I didnt' strike out though, in which Stevetox did 4 times this weekend. Did you know that a mug of Angry Orchard with a shot of Fireball is $10? Steve found that out when 5 of us got that post game at Babe's.

Hahahahaha legen - wait for it - DARY!