Minnesota Thread

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans
I think that there was plenty of diversity through C this year. Nobody dominated and won every week, everyone had their hiccups throughout the year.

Honestly if they dont bump anyone it would be just fine

Or at least to the point if they dont fix the national level, make those team play open all year, and then go to C nationals

I completely agree with this comment.

I'm also all for playing open all year and going to C post-season.

Bob Vance

I do to. My buddy is on that team and dumb part is they have C talent but never had a full team once. So they will get down and probably get everyone back.

I would say 3/4 of them hit at a solid C level at times. Fielding can be suspect at time. I've noticed they have different players every tourney as well. Would say with their current dedication they will be best suited as a solid D team that could win most any tournament they play in.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
Asa c teams have to wait 2 years to petition down to d right? Not sure anymore. The + rating might work, other wise it is tough for d teams bumped to c to compete with the established c teams , they end up breaking up spreading out to other teams possibly, or at least that's what we did:).

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
Off of the current team list for the high school event I would pick Champlin 1, cooper, Chaska as my top 3. I can think of 5 guys from Waconia who even play.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Champlin Park could have four teams in that tourney that would all be solid (not just saying that because I'm a CP guy, either). Bunch of nerds who all started playing softball really young. Hell, the highlights from the 18 and under league would be on the school news show.

The first team that Lew and Dirty put together will be really good.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
Champlin Park could have four teams in that tourney that would all be solid (not just saying that because I'm a CP guy, either). Bunch of nerds who all started playing softball really young. Hell, the highlights from the 18 and under league would be on the school news show.

The first team that Lew and Dirty put together will be really good.

Cooper has 5 amazing pitchers but I'm not sure on other positions and Chaska is most of chucks

Kenny Powers

Addicted to Softballfans
Off of the current team list for the high school event I would pick Champlin 1, cooper, Chaska as my top 3. I can think of 5 guys from Waconia who even play.
Same boat here. Even with all the people in Eagan, I don't think Eagan could fill a competitive team. Maybe 5-6 guys tops....

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Cooper has 5 amazing pitchers but I'm not sure on other positions and Chaska is most of chucks
You might be thinking of Tartan and not Cooper. The only Cooper pitcher I can think of is Goose (Irving). They have a few solid upper level players at positions. Tartan has Brownie and a few other pitchers. They'll hit the **** out of the ball.

I don't think CP would go 1st and 2nd or anything, but CP1 finishes in the top 3 and CP2 does solid.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
Tartan has 2 good alums but I'm not sure if either of them will be playing. Brown made the team and I dunno if he'd be able to talk Vitz into playing. Other than that, no clue who else would play.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
Stillwater and North St Paul would field hella good teams. Tartan has some studs too. I believe Yockum and Brownie are both Tartan guys.

Stillwater would have Eischens, G-Lo, Jake Meyers, Brent Sharon, Nate and Nolan Gosso... I'm sure I'm missing some more.They are not sluffs.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Tartan has 2 good alums but I'm not sure if either of them will be playing. Brown made the team and I dunno if he'd be able to talk Vitz into playing. Other than that, no clue who else would play.
They also would have Yocum, Arndt, Bauer and a couple other guys (I had to look it up on the original post on Facebook).

StinkyCheeks

Addicted to Softballfans
Big lake would have an excellent team, Monticello would have many of the Demarini/Bud guys.

Big lake would have a good team

Monticello would be ok, if they could get some other guys to come out and play they would be better. Like eric shrifels and chris hardy, even the holker boys. Chuck is the only Monticello guy still on the team I believe. The Brants are reemts are actually elk river I believe, and Ge was actually a Benilde guy

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
Big lake would have a good team

Monticello would be ok, if they could get some other guys to come out and play they would be better. Like eric shrifels and chris hardy, even the holker boys. Chuck is the only Monticello guy still on the team I believe. The Brants are reemts are actually elk river I believe, and Ge was actually a Benilde guy
If we (Monti) could get Josh Holthaus to come out of retirement, that would be an excellent addition.
Same with David Burkholder from Big Lake.

Last edited:

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
The MMB/Monsta Athletics Softball is doing a Bat Raffle to raise funds for the children of our dear friend and teammate Josh Dietz who passed away on 8-28. All funds raised will be donated to his children.
We will be doing a raffle for 3 Monsta Bats- 1 25 oz USA Torch and 2 DNA Mutateds. We will be doing one large raffle so there is no limit on how many raffle slots you can purchase or no limit on how many entries we are taking. It will be $20 per raffle entry. We will display all names in comments of entrants. We will keep this raffle open through end of next week 9-16.
I will be collecting all payments for this and can except those through paypal- [email protected], FB messenger pay, Venmo with username @gullie28, or google wallet thru [email protected].
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to message me on FB or text me at 701-866-0460.
Thank you to Jody Schommer for donating the USA Torch.
This raffle has been approved by Monsta Athletics
#mmbfamily #mmb/monsta #flyhighdietz

Beauner

Starting Player
State Farm and MedCity are likely to be bumped to C. Demarini/Bud if the National Committee deems so.

B&G, AMEC, Outdoorsman, On1 and Reckless should all be bumped to C. May be missing some but just basing of results I've seen.

I can't think of a C team that would attempt to appeal down. Blackout would be my only guess but I doubt it.

I'd bet that at least one of those D teams you listed breaks up if they get bumped to C. I've already heard a couple people from the team saying they will probably not be playing together if they get bumped. Too many guys on their current roster do not want to play C. Which is why they had so many D+ cards.

Beauner

Starting Player
Crew won Silver at MSMA. They had back-to-back shutouts at one point.
King of Ram I'm pretty sure had 3 or 4 C cards on their team last night. At least 3 of them played for a USSSA C team (OP). And I'm not sure what D Willis's rating is but I'm almost certain he's not a D card in any association and I guess he played with them yesterday too. Given the nature of the tournament I don't really care what teams had for rosters, just thought it was funny that the team that protested their way to the chip game in Duluth showed up with a roster like that after there were clear rules about C cards. Nobody protested them that I'm aware of though.

Had a fun time up there again. Team went 4-2. Lost to The Crew and then this morning to Dirtless. Kinda tough to play a team like On1/Reckless/Dirty in a time-limit controlled game because they waste so much freaking time yelling at the umpire and calling manager's meetings and all that garbage. We only got 5 innings in (it was also a high-scoring game, which contributed to that).

Did manage to see one legit fight during a game. Midwest Monsters and somebody I didn't recognize. From what I gather, there was a rundown and when the runner was about to get tagged he just dropped a shoulder and leveled the guy. Tempers flared and I believe a few punches were thrown before the umpire finally got control of it.