Minnesota Thread

Beauner

Starting Player
I umped them at USSSA State and National last year, and they were really good. I would have put them up against just about any team I saw at E Worlds. If they got any better they should do some great things in D. Only issue I saw was a somewhat inconsistent pitcher.
The team they put together this year is much better than what they had last year.

wildthing81

Open at Shakopee went T's, Heartland Eurotech.

Chicago finish was Smash It, Dan Smith, TG
Some very good games over the weekend in the open at shako, weather was pretty ugly during the morning an early afternoon on saturday, also rained lil bit on us in the heartland game....pretty sore still this morning

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Dan Smith with stupid moves as well. looks like smash it won the season by making moves that got the other teams to make panic roster moves.
There has to be some behind the scenes **** going on, right? It doesn't make sense to me to be adding and dropping if you're having some success. Seems like it'd mess with chemistry.

Some very good games over the weekend in the open at shako, weather was pretty ugly during the morning an early afternoon on saturday, also rained lil bit on us in the heartland game....pretty sore still this morning
It was nice to get to watch the T's/Heartland game on Facebook Saturday night. Seemed like a hell of a game.

I really like that Shakopee tournament. I wish it still fit into our schedule.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Four tournaments to choose from created a lot of movement in the standings. Lots of points to gain

Thelastsamurai (M&M Construction) - 80
Maximus Decimus (Pollyanna) - 74
Jimbo81 (Arnies) - 71
JMac612 (MN Monitoring) - 70
Larsl10 (Precision Lining) - 69
Beauner (1Micro) - 67

Bell44 (Silverbacks) - 64
TSfingrocks (Element Exteriors) - 63

Bl19 (Precision Lining) - 61
Chembry (Horsemen) - 60
Ringer44 (Rampage) - 60

MNBaller (Dewey's) - 59
Sjoquist43 (Outdoorsmen) - 56
Yoke (Horsemen) - 49
Chunkers00 (Warriors) - 41
Philtos - 23
Bubs77 (Silverbacks) - 11
Dunkky - 5

Maximus essentially got a perfect score, because he picked the 4 winners, and his team took 2nd. A few people got 3 of 4 winners right, too. Could be more movement in the standings this weekend, too.

This weekend we have Open and D for Friendly City Days (bracket comes out Wednesday night), and Father Hennepin. I don't think there is anything else that's not just throw together teams.​

Picks game rules: http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/minnesota-thread-2018.1428975/page-136#post-18983602

Last edited:

freeze2104

Average E ringer
collins on Dan smith.. hits ball hard. very hard. I know all of the big guys do but some of the balls off his bat were nuts.

Granted.. A LOT of bats passed that weekend that shouldn't have. My freak30 tests around the 200 mark here and passed on the line in Chicago. Was a fun tourney though!

wildthing81

collins on Dan smith.. hits ball hard. very hard. I know all of the big guys do but some of the balls off his bat were nuts.

Granted.. A LOT of bats passed that weekend that shouldn't have. My freak30 tests around the 200 mark here and passed on the line in Chicago. Was a fun tourney though!
Unfortunately....Testing in the conference in my opinion is a joke....far, far too many variances in testing. A couple of years ago they would give you back the failed bat an you could retest later....more often then not passing. Now they don't give it back, but I've seen sponsors, especially at the two Indiana majors last year complain because bats were failing with no swings as guys were taking off the wrapper in line of their new bats. So one tester was failing every bat showing the bats to be hotter by 40 compression then they actually were, while the guy next to him was passing everything, So of course some were retested an passed. The other thing is most guys hit balls on all sides of the bat, wel one spot is most likely going to be hotter then another an hence the variance when testing an spinning the bat an testing

Jimbo81

Krueger #15
Western Minnesota needs to get it together ;)

(I edited it out of the standings post now)

Well that is what happens when the TD does not do any advertising or promoting of the tournament. Just figures teams will show up because of the huge prize pot. Our softball leagues are falling apart as well, because of the leadership and direction.

freeze2104

Average E ringer
I think the pitcher they had was money. He also is legit at the plate.. weird swing but got on base every time.

Yea, I can't believe some of the bats that passed

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
Just curious why you guys chose to pitch to Earls up 3 with him being the tying run with a home run still to burn? You guys know something we didn't haha as it worked out really well for you guys.

I wasn't there until Sunday.... Sisters wedding. Let's just say we know how rare it is he takes a pitch.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone else have any issues with some umps at Shakopee last weekend? Overall I wasn’t mad, but a couple were wildly inconsistent with their strike zones. Not game changing or anything, just made it frustrating trying to pitch in the wind.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
Our umps Sunday were awful until we got a new home plate ump for the chip. Our first ump said everything should be mat ball and got really pissed at us because our catcher asked if it's so he can do even less of his job... Also reported to me that our Friday night ump said batting 12 is allowed. The UIC fixed that and another ump said if a substitute would hit twice in an inning it would remove the starter from the game even tho he never subbed back in.

We've had great umps until this weekend. Lots of pissy attitudes too.

rock2131

Extra Hitter
Anyone else have any issues with some umps at Shakopee last weekend? Overall I wasn’t mad, but a couple were wildly inconsistent with their strike zones. Not game changing or anything, just made it frustrating trying to pitch in the wind.

You should ask someone from A&B what they thought about the umping on Sunday......

rock2131

Extra Hitter
We were playing them that game. I was pitching for Night Man in Shakopee.

Haha, I thought for sure the pitcher for A&B was going to fight that ump I watched the whole game and she was calling a poor strike zone both ways difference was they were swinging at balls and you guys weren't.