Minnesota Thread

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
The 169 construction has wreaked havoc on 101 in Rogers and in turn on 94. My commute times have almost doubled since they started that work.
101, 252 and 610 are all gong shows, from what it looks like.

As long as people stay off of County Road 19, I'm cool.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
It's stupid. No reason for Friday games. Here's also a genius idea... not a blind draw but a point based draw since we've had no C USSSA tournaments to play and... let's put two of the better C teams matched up in round one. Then one of them has a good chance to smash a bunch of D teams bholes in and then they won't want to play next year. I'm all for playing Blueline but out the gates at a tournament combined with D? Silly.

I hate softball, more often than not. I might retire to full time movie and tv streaming services and work on getting the sickest bed sores.
The brackets are dumb. This whole Utrip season is starting off so wonderful. Might as well look forward to playing ASA only after this year......

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
This whole Utrip season is starting off so wonderful. Might as well look forward to playing ASA only after this year......

No joke. Our guys are mostly against any ASA so it's been a tough sell. They were waiting for the USSSA season to start and it's starting off real bad. Dudley, Frolics and Worlds? Ugly.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
What happened with Minnesota Softball? There was hype, then nothing.

Not sure. The Dudley Qualifier has turned into an open weekend as they had to fill the Dudley with all those teams anyways. We are looking for a tournament that weekend now. Any one know of anything June 15-17 that'd allow a C team?

I submitted our C roster which has been approved on gosoftball. Definitely going to play C State in Minnetrista but hoping we can add in another ASA before then. Firemen's was a huge nope from them, unfortunately. I get the dimensions aren't ideal but the competition is solid in Open and Tier 2.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
Not sure. The Dudley Qualifier has turned into an open weekend as they had to fill the Dudley with all those teams anyways. We are looking for a tournament that weekend now. Any one know of anything June 15-17 that'd allow a C team?

I submitted our C roster which has been approved on gosoftball. Definitely going to play C State in Minnetrista but hoping we can add in another ASA before then. Firemen's was a huge nope from them, unfortunately. I get the dimensions aren't ideal but the competition is solid in Open and Tier 2.

Hanover

Beauner

Starting Player

Dew Days is D/C but ASA... *raspberry sound*

Ringer44

Addicted to Softballfans
Chesapeake. Pure
Sooner xtreme
Fcd upper t’3
Fcd lower Ziegler
Father henn. Element

Last edited:

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Yeah. I didn't see it, but I walked up while a bunch of people were around them in the OF. They took the guy with the broken leg out in an ambulance.

wildthing81

It is a nice idea. But it’s gonna be a tough road to gain any following.
I didnt even think the idea was all that great, it was based on the war at shore which if you talked to most of the players playing in it they did not like the idea all that much any way. Then to have it haphazardly thrown together in a couple days after the utrip announcements you could see there wasnt any ground work or foundation to build off of, just an idea thrown out there with little thought to any thing else. Even asking ball players around here if they liked the idea most said they did not. The real idea or thing to look at in my opinion is to have brownie work with wegman an usssa to revive the program with some real incite an leadership along with name recognition that brownie brings, I think that would work real well.

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
Here are the finishes that I saw:

FCD Upper:
1. Chanticlear
2. Eurotech
3. T's 13

Tough break for All-American losing Zach and Mason. They only had 10 guys there and had to pick up 2 guys. Adam could have filled the team with Millers though.

FCD Lower:
1. Thompson Construction
2. Ductec/ON1
3. Pollyanna/EAI

Father Hennepin:
1. Blueline
2. Stoop
3. MGK

Maryland:
1. Pure
2. Rapid Fire
3. La Famiglia

Tulsa:
1. Newbreed
2. All Out
3. Extreme

Last edited:

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Here are the standings after this week. A lot of one point plays this week, with Xtreme, T's and Pollyanna getting 3rd in their respective tourneys.

Thelastsamurai (M&M Construction) - 88
Maximus Decimus (Pollyanna) - 86
Larsl10 (Precision Lining) - 84

Jimbo81 (Arnies) - 82
Beauner (1Micro) - 80
JMac612 (MN Monitoring) - 78
TSfingrocks (Element Exteriors) - 78
Bl19 (Precision Lining) - 74
MNBaller (Dewey's) - 72

Bell44 (Silverbacks) - 71
Chembry (Horsemen) - 68
Ringer44 (Rampage) - 67
Sjoquist43 (Outdoorsmen) - 64
Yoke (Horsemen) - 60
Chunkers00 (Warriors) - 54
Philtos - 23
Bubs77 (Silverbacks) - 11
Dunkky - 5

I can think of four tourneys for this weekend: Mankato, Hanover C and D and the conference tourney in Indianapolis​

Picks game rules: http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/minnesota-thread-2018.1428975/page-136#post-18983602

Last edited:

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Here are the finishes at FCD-

Upper:
1. Chanticlear
2. Eurotech
3. T's 13

Lower:
1. Thompson Construction
2. Ductec/ON1
3. Pollyanna/EAI

Tough break for All-American losing Zach and Mason. They only had 10 guys there and had to pick up 2 guys. Adam could have filled the team with Millers though.
I thought Friendly City turned out to be a really good tourney. The competition up there was solid. The umps did a really good job, too.

Seemed like overall it was pretty low scoring, too. I haven't checked out all of the scores yet, though.

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
I thought Friendly City turned out to be a really good tourney. The competition up there was solid. The umps did a really good job, too.

Seemed like overall it was pretty low scoring, too. I haven't checked out all of the scores yet, though.

It was a good tourney! Competition was good as always. Umps did a great job! We did benefit from 2 bad calls in one inning against Ziegler, but that had no bearing on the outcome of the game. That was an interesting game to call. First inning ump called interference from third base coach on Ziegler. Then in the next inning call one of our guys out for stepping on the plate. Two calls you don't see very often.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
It was a good tourney! Competition was good as always. Umps did a great job! We did benefit from 2 bad calls in one inning against Ziegler, but that had no bearing on the outcome of the game. That was an interesting game to call. First inning ump called interference from third base coach on Ziegler. Then in the next inning call one of our guys out for stepping on the plate. Two calls you don't see very often.
Yeah, those calls at first that went in our favor...yikes, but I can only think of those two calls as far as missed ones all weekend.

The one with our guy, I couldn't even debate it. There was a big footprint where he stepped.

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah, those calls at first that went in our favor...yikes, but I can only think of those two calls as far as missed ones all weekend.

The one with our guy, I couldn't even debate it. There was a big footprint where he stepped.

That's funny! the ump can just point to the footprint and say "look!"

Scoring was low as well. According to the bracket on gosoftball the average winners score was 15. That seems low to me.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I didnt even think the idea was all that great, it was based on the war at shore which if you talked to most of the players playing in it they did not like the idea all that much any way. Then to have it haphazardly thrown together in a couple days after the utrip announcements you could see there wasnt any ground work or foundation to build off of, just an idea thrown out there with little thought to any thing else. Even asking ball players around here if they liked the idea most said they did not. The real idea or thing to look at in my opinion is to have brownie work with wegman an usssa to revive the program with some real incite an leadership along with name recognition that brownie brings, I think that would work real well.
I didn't really get it, to be honest. Seemed like it would have better to sit back and say "Hey, we've got a thing we're working on for next summer", but hindsight is 20/20. Hard to rush a thing together at that point of the year.

I do agree with your idea of just having Brownie work with Wegman to do something, hopefully something that can avoid the MRPA.

That's funny! the ump can just point to the footprint and say "look!"

Scoring was low as well. According to the bracket on gosoftball the average winners score was 15. That seems low to me.
Surprised he hit the ball up the middle with where he stepped. Though, I bet that pitch would have landed in the middle of the right hand batters box.

Mankato looking like one of the best D tournaments of the year! Glad they got that going again.
We're not playing in it, but any time a tourney can get some numbers like Mankato, that's great to see. I hope it goes great!

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
We are going 0 to 100 real quick.

Dew Days - Kaposia? (possibly) - Dudley - Pan O Prag - Duk Duk (possibly) - Off - Frolics - USSSA C State - ASA C State - Off - USSSA C Nationals - ASA C Nationals (if we qualify) - Off- Off- Worlds

Still available for Firemen's. Really hoping to play!

wildthing81

We are going 0 to 100 real quick.

Dew Days - Kaposia? (possibly) - Dudley - Pan O Prag - Duk Duk (possibly) - Off - Frolics - USSSA C State - ASA C State - Off - USSSA C Nationals - ASA C Nationals (if we qualify) - Off- Off- Worlds

Still available for Firemen's. Really hoping to play!
So your squad was able to re-classify an pick up some more tourneys then I assume?