Minnesota Thread

sjoquist43

Addicted to Softballfans
Just saw Bucky bragging about no showing most tourneys and still being the starter when he did show up.

He is such a waste and a horrible teammate.

Who did he play for last year? I played against him in league in Hastings for 6-7 years, last year we went to Northfield for league though.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
He finished no where. Easy to have that attitude when people pick him up, let him carry out his antics and then let him play. Over and over and over again.

Kenny Powers

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey Ty, why are you appealing your rating if you're playing C with Miracle anyways? Just felt like you needed to submit an annual appeal that gets denied, lol....

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Hey Ty, why are you appealing your rating if you're playing C with Miracle anyways? Just felt like you needed to submit an annual appeal that gets denied, lol....

It think it's a part of the off-season, like me saying I'm going to get in shape, and somebody talking about getting a super team together that doesn't actually pan out.

Traditions...ya know?

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I think we're going to give them a shot for my league team next year. I can't think of anyone around here that wears them except Xtreme.

Did you get that email from Loren at Corky's too?

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
Miracle isn't playing ASA. If I'm C+ just limits my ability to play ASA since I don't think I'll be able to be a part time player on a decent C team. Zero ASA C teams have kicked my tires and the only team has been a D team that know me from Wisco so it'd be WI State Tournament and some local stuff. I will likely be MIA from MN ASA or MN USA Softball in 2017.

sjoquist43

Addicted to Softballfans
I think we're going to give them a shot for my league team next year. I can't think of anyone around here that wears them except Xtreme.

Did you get that email from Loren at Corky's too?

Yeah, I messaged back and forth with him for awhile yesterday. Quoted me $142 for 1 full, 1 sub, 1 hat, 1 pant, and 1 short.

We had always gone through CA until last year. We were short a little funds, so we tried On 1. It was like $25/player cheaper, and we got shorts as well. Wasn't as happy with the whole process, and didn't like the pants. So I figure, I'll give Loren a chance here, otherwise I'll be going back to CA.

Last edited:

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Yeah, I messaged back and forth with him for awhile yesterday. Quoted me $142 for 1 full, 1 sub, 1 hat, 1 pant, and 1 short.

We had always gone through CA until last year. We were short a little funds, so we tried On 1. It was like $25/player cheaper, and we got shorts as well. Wasn't as happy with the whole process, and didn't like the pants. So I figure, I'll give Loren a chance here, otherwise I'll be going back to CA.

That's not a bad price for all of that. Is there a team art fee, too?

CA is alright. I've never personally dealt with them, but the teams I've been on haven't really had any issues. I don't really like the feel of their shirts, though. Too thick.

I'm going to try Elite Media Design for our white shirts this year, if we end up getting them. Just trying to find a place for partials that communicates and is on time.

We're going to get our hats through Xtreme. They did our last set. Looking at getting a different design this year.

rmothes

Star Player
Tyler, I'll grant your appeal on the WI side. Feel free to come on over and play Siren in the spring and Aug/Sept. We'll be happy to fill a little of the ASA tourney's Miracle used to play in on the WI side for you. Enter into one of the Best of the NW qualifiers and try to earn free entry into that tournament in late Aug. Qualifiers who are planning so far for 2017:

Siren Spring Ting April 28-30
Syttende Mai Days Woodville May 19-21 (I think, but could be weekend before)
Cornell Fair 1st, 2nd, or 3rd weekend in June (they need to know when the carnival rides are available before they choose a weekend)
Freedom Fest Balsam Lake July 1-2
Shayla Story Memorial Jump River July 1-2
River Falls Days July 14-16 (Not confirmed, but were planning on being a qualifier)
Siren Summerfest Aug. 5-6

sjoquist43

Addicted to Softballfans
That's not a bad price for all of that. Is there a team art fee, too?

CA is alright. I've never personally dealt with them, but the teams I've been on haven't really had any issues. I don't really like the feel of their shirts, though. Too thick.

I'm going to try Elite Media Design for our white shirts this year, if we end up getting them. Just trying to find a place for partials that communicates and is on time.

We're going to get our hats through Xtreme. They did our last set. Looking at getting a different design this year.
I didn't ask him how much the art fee is, but it says there is one.

mpg19

Elite High Fiver
Tyler, I'll grant your appeal on the WI side. Feel free to come on over and play Siren in the spring and Aug/Sept. We'll be happy to fill a little of the ASA tourney's Miracle used to play in on the WI side for you. Enter into one of the Best of the NW qualifiers and try to earn free entry into that tournament in late Aug. Qualifiers who are planning so far for 2017:

Siren Spring Ting April 28-30
Syttende Mai Days Woodville May 19-21 (I think, but could be weekend before)
Cornell Fair 1st, 2nd, or 3rd weekend in June (they need to know when the carnival rides are available before they choose a weekend)
Freedom Fest Balsam Lake July 1-2
Shayla Story Memorial Jump River July 1-2
River Falls Days July 14-16 (Not confirmed, but were planning on being a qualifier)
Siren Summerfest Aug. 5-6

Is Freedom Fest still unlimited arc like I've been told it is?

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans
Erod told me he was released by the Backs after firemens. Cowboy Jacks walked him off in firemens and he lost his sh*t on his teammates.

Bucky is Bucky. I'll just leave it at that.

Actually he went against walking the guy who hit the HR to tie it. We had decided to walk him to pitch to De. Bucky decided to pitch to him instead and we got walked off on two guys later.

He was cut when he no showed on Sunday of Firemen's.

rmothes

Star Player
Freedom Fest has been unlimited arc. It's possible they could change it this year. They are looking into possibly making some changes to try to help draw more teams.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
I just got a sample from Berserk and it's pretty nice. It's a light and smooth material. I've had nothing but bad luck from CA so I'm done with them. Krown would be ideal if he could stay on top of his emails. The lack/slow communication is my only negative for him.

Jimbo81

Krueger #15
I have gone with CA Gear and Berserk. Nothing horrible to say about CA Gear. I agree with the heavy comment on the shirts. We went with berserk on our last order and love them. They do run a size big. Customer service with the rep I dealt with was TOP NOTCH! 11:00pm and still answering questions!! Our team loves the jersey's and I ordered 2 pairs of short through them!

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I just got a sample from Berserk and it's pretty nice. It's a light and smooth material. I've had nothing but bad luck from CA so I'm done with them. Krown would be ideal if he could stay on top of his emails. The lack/slow communication is my only negative for him.

I'm going to have to order a couple shirts from Krown this year for our new guys. Good work, but it always takes a couple emails. Could be the last set that goes through him, even though he does great work.

They are working on them right now!

Nice. It'd be fun to play out there again sometime, but I'd probably only make it out if it was state or something.

Beauner

Starting Player
We went through Berserk for our team's jerseys a couple years ago and had a few re-prints for new guys last winter.
I've had a great experience working with them, always had great response time (usually within 12 hours, never more than 24) and really like the material they use for the jerseys (particularly the new material for the re-prints we got this winter).

Beauner

Starting Player
We went with berserk on our last order and love them. They do run a size big. Customer service with the rep I dealt with was TOP NOTCH! 11:00pm and still answering questions!! Our team loves the jersey's and I ordered 2 pairs of short through them!

This reflects my experience as well. Great customer service, great response times, and they've beaten the "delivery deadline" in both sets of jerseys that we've ordered. The first full set, in 2015, we were quoted 4-6 weeks and got the jerseys in 3 and a half. Then for the re-prints last year we were quoted 4 weeks and they were on my doorstep in 3.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
If you'd like, I can record something where I yell about buzzing middle and send it over to you. Then when you're missing MN softball, you can just listen to that.

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
we are getting monsta jerseys hats pants and shorts done...

we have gone cagear for the past 7 or 8 yrs.. like their stuff but going to give monsta a shot.

100$ art work / set up fee

custom jerseys : 28$
hats : 16$
pants : 32$
shorts : 22$

hats pants shorts are all the stock ones on the website.. you can do custom stuff buts its alittle more per item