Minnesota Thread

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
What a game 7!!! Was worth staying up... oh wait I was sitting in a tractor anyways! Great game to listen to, couldn't imagine being there!

I watched about 15 innings all year, watched most of them last night. I had to shut it off in the 7th. It was pretty entertaining.
The twins being horrible and length of games is why I've pretty much quit watching. Something needs to be so cut an hour off most of these games. A speedy pitchers duel use to run 2 hours and 15 mins.

Sixes

K C C O
If you'd like, I can record something where I yell about buzzing middle and send it over to you. Then when you're missing MN softball, you can just listen to that.

it was weird not hearing the complaints about middle shots down here. Even when I saw dude get smashed in the face at state, there was not hooting and hollering or threats of retaliation.....

Sixes

K C C O
I watched about 15 innings all year, watched most of them last night. I had to shut it off in the 7th. It was pretty entertaining.
The twins being horrible and length of games is why I've pretty much quit watching. Something needs to be so cut an hour off most of these games. A speedy pitchers duel use to run 2 hours and 15 mins.

i fell asleep after Ross's homerun......i just hope Cubs fans don't start acting like Red Sox fans now.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
i fell asleep after Ross's homerun......i just hope Cubs fans don't start acting like Red Sox fans now.

It was sweet he hit a bomb in his final game.
I was on Clevelands side tho. So many Cubs, Seahawks, Warriors fans....

Last edited:

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
What a game 7!!! Was worth staying up... oh wait I was sitting in a tractor anyways! Great game to listen to, couldn't imagine being there!

I would have liked to gone to sleep an hour earlier, but I was kind of wired after the game was finished. This morning has been a tough one, but at least nobody else is here to bother me.

it was weird not hearing the complaints about middle shots down here. Even when I saw dude get smashed in the face at state, there was not hooting and hollering or threats of retaliation.....

It hasn't been as bad that last couple years, outside of maybe league or something. A shot to the face might get some yapping going, though.

Oh, they will. They just don't have that payroll, yet. Once they have to re-sign all of these young guys, it'll be in the top five, I'd guess.

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
This ****ing baseball game...
It was a great game to watch! I was rooting for the Cubs because I bet on them. I bet, about 2 weeks before the playoffs started, that the Cubs would win the series. The other guy had all the other teams in the playoffs and I had the Cubs. I have to admit, I thought I lost when Rajai Davis hit the 2-run HR off of Chapman.

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
I also wish the Twins could get their hands on Kris Bryant. He has a good last name :)

But that dude can flat out play!

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
That Davis home run made me curse a little too loud in my living room. The angle where it was coming right at the camera was sweet.

The Twins picked two spots after the Cubs got Bryant and got a guy that will probably start next season in AA ball.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Should be interesting to see what the new guys do.

I don't think you can expect too much change this year.

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
The issue is the Twins can't seem to develop players very well. There is a long list of names to pick from. Hopefully the new front office guys can change that throughout the organization.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
Just look what former players have to say about the twins. Nothing but how they screwed them up as a player. we can't develop a SS or Starting pitcher.

How about college football on Fridays now..... I think football in general is going to crash hard. Football literally is on everyday now. The Thursday NFL games are terrible and now college kids will have short weeks. I bet those games will be amazing. I watched more football when it was Saturday/Sunday.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
The issue is the Twins can't seem to develop players very well. There is a long list of names to pick from. Hopefully the new front office guys can change that throughout the organization.

I think they're already on the uptick of new guys to come up and start playing, it's just a matter of filling in the holes where you couldn't develop someone.

I'm also a nerd that follows the minor league teams, and can sometimes overvalue some of those guys. They have guys on the way. I'm hoping they are more successful at a quicker pace than the current crop, but I don't see guys like Buxton or Kepler staying at the level they're currently at. I think they will be more successful as time goes by.

Just look what former players have to say about the twins. Nothing but how they screwed them up as a player. we can't develop a SS or Starting pitcher.

How about college football on Fridays now..... I think football in general is going to crash hard. Football literally is on everyday now. The Thursday NFL games are terrible and now college kids will have short weeks. I bet those games will be amazing. I watched more football when it was Saturday/Sunday.

I agree, I think football is becoming over-saturated. Tuesday and Wednesday are the only days that don't have any games. These Thursday games are almost always horrible. You don't need college games on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and NFL games Thursday, Sunday and Monday.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
I played in the 1st Thursday night one, fun, but a drive from southern metro, especially rush hour. Fields aren't the best but only place to still play. Good luck to you! Any other softball team rumors?

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Don't sleep on the Worth Liberty for next season. Pont and I swung his today, and it's a good one.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
Weather was great Saturday. Umpiring and players starting getting heated during the last two games. I found it hard to be too upset since it was for fun but some guys can't turn it off. So be it.

Jimbo81

Krueger #15
Is it Spring yet? This guy wants to play softball! No cages down in SW MN to hit in over the winter either.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Find an empty barn nearby, throw a heater inside of it and some netting.

Razzle dazzle, you've got a batting cage.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
The Liberty is a balanced bat. I liked the feel of it a lot better, and felt like I put a lot better swings on the ball with it.

It was also the first time I've picked up a bat since Fall Firemen's.

Beauner

Starting Player
Don't sleep on the Worth Liberty for next season. Pont and I swung his today, and it's a good one.
I got the Miken Patriot ASA last Thursday.
Haven't had a chance to put any live swings on it, but threw a couple Tattoo 52s left over from Corky's off the barrel. It feels awfully nice. Excited to see it in real action. The demo vids I've seen online make it look realllllly good. I've heard from a couple other people that were saying it's going to put a significant dent in Monsta's demand.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
May God help us all no matter today's outcome.

The Liberty is a balanced bat. I liked the feel of it a lot better, and felt like I put a lot better swings on the ball with it.

It was also the first time I've picked up a bat since Fall Firemen's.

Sounds like I would want to try the worth version then.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Sounds like I would want to try the worth version then.

If my OG AM goes this season, I may be on the lookout for one.

I'm not picking up my game bat until March, though. Going to try to swing my One all winter and get it more broken in.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Have any of you ever used Hang Rite stuff? There was a deal on Facebook for a bunch of stuff for $95. I bought it and will give it a shot. Probably will only use the shoes for BP, since I like my cleats, but there was some other random apparel, too.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
Have any of you ever used Hang Rite stuff? There was a deal on Facebook for a bunch of stuff for $95. I bought it and will give it a shot. Probably will only use the shoes for BP, since I like my cleats, but there was some other random apparel, too.

Nope. it's big in the women's game tho.

Last edited:

Beauner

Starting Player
I got a package from them last year - turfs, hat, sleeve, jersey, and sweatbands. Turfs are very comfortable. I used them for BP all year. Hat is fine too. Sleeve was a little tight but a good length, probably just not made for guys with 52" biceps ;) and jersey was good quality too.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I got a package from them last year - turfs, hat, sleeve, jersey, and sweatbands. Turfs are very comfortable. I used them for BP all year. Hat is fine too. Sleeve was a little tight but a good length, probably just not made for guys with 52" biceps ;) and jersey was good quality too.
This deal was:
HR Primos Charcoal/Orange full sizes 6 to 13
HR Xtreme White/Orange full sizes only 6 to 12
Sublimated White/Orange Hoodie sizes S to XXL
Black/Orange Batting Gloves sizes S to XXL
Black/Orange Socks one size
Black/Orange Wristbands one size
White/Orange Wristbands one size
Black/Orange Arm Sleeve one size
Black/Orange Athletic Shorts sizes S to XXL
Black/Orange Compression Shorts
Black/Orange Compression Long Sleeve

I'm not too worried about the arm sleeve being too small. I don't have Hulk Hogan's 1987 biceps.

Should be interesting to check the stuff out, though. Wasn't too expensive.