Minnesota Thread

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
so, when is this gonna happen? Anarchy vs monsta. Anyone know?
USA A or Super would be my guess.

Greinert got released from Thunder yesterday. That dude that ****s on him all the time on The Old Scout is going to have to stay sitting down for a little while.

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone belong to a Twins fan page on Facebook? These people are unreal and take their arguments to the extreme. Below is one such example:

Some love Sano and others hate him. Well Sano happened to strikeout 5 times last night. People jump out of the woodwork and say we need to release him, trade him, send him to AAA, etc... Then others say "I wonder if the Red Sox are going to release JD Martinez because he went 0-8 last night" FYI the Sano lovers always throw out his WAR stat.

You can read may others on the Twins pitching. Some absolutely believe we have the best staff in baseball and others think we have the worst...

Is there no room for logic in sports anymore?

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
When it's absent in day to day life better believe it's out the window in sports.

Im out on Sano. Buxton showed some piss and vinegar when he was sucking and when the twins were jerking him around. Sano is just so blah and what's with check swinging on heaters down the pipe. I saw last night he's hitting .140 unless the pitcher is behind in the count.

I think the twins need a top 2 starter and 2 or 3 in the bullpen. I don't trust anyone but Roger's against good teams.

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
I guess my point was that there is no middle ground. It's one extreme or the other. And if you post a comment that is opposite you get berated saying you aren't a true fan, you don't know baseball, you might as well crawl into a hole and die...

I am not a Sano hater or lover. He is definitely under performing.

Twins definitely need to add pitching. Wish they would have signed Kimbrel. How can they feel comfortable heading into a postseason series against the Yankees or Astros with the current staff (including the bullpen)?

Beauner

Starting Player
Anyone belong to a Twins fan page on Facebook? These people are unreal and take their arguments to the extreme. Below is one such example:

Some love Sano and others hate him. Well Sano happened to strikeout 5 times last night. People jump out of the woodwork and say we need to release him, trade him, send him to AAA, etc... Then others say "I wonder if the Red Sox are going to release JD Martinez because he went 0-8 last night" FYI the Sano lovers always throw out his WAR stat.

You can read may others on the Twins pitching. Some absolutely believe we have the best staff in baseball and others think we have the worst...

Is there no room for logic in sports anymore?
I'm on like Ultimate Minnesota Twins Group page. People are mind-numbingly dumb. Especially when it comes to Sano and Buxton.

Beauner

Starting Player
Sounds like Maniax and Schmidt Roofing were the only 2 C teams signed up for Burnsville (again) so they are rolling them to the D bracket.

Kinda sad that none of the ASA C teams are willing to play both in this state.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
Sounds like Maniax and Schmidt Roofing were the only 2 C teams signed up for Burnsville (again) so they are rolling them to the D bracket.

Kinda sad that none of the ASA C teams are willing to play both in this state.
They also took away the unlimited bombs.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
Who is in the open for that?

Men’s upper team list so far
Stagecoach
Pearson/trucking
All American
Mcpetes
Mbd/kr signs
Hoping to get to at least 8 to have this bracket!

Men’s D/E
Ultimate drywall
Horseman/remax
MN militia
Spg
Garage door guy/norms
Lake cafe/American family
Mcpetes/Schumacker
Pollyanna
Lupulin
Darrel’s auto glass
Envy
On 1/Sota Boyz
Thompson/DNA
MN heat/key guys
Shantytown blackout
Really hoping to get to 18 this bracket is a qualifier!!

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
Just saw Monsta is being sued. Patent infringement by Wilson.

I haven't seen that yet. Hope Carl has deep pockets! Those lawsuits can drag on for a very long time and in the meantime the judge can rule them the stop selling their products until the issue gets resolved.

These type of lawsuits happen all the time in the pharmaceutical world.

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
ah. then that makes perfect sense since demarnini is the one who came up with Inner barrel thing.

Just read its about the "flex handle "

Edit :
This case is odd.

"Wilson’s April 22 lawsuit said Monsta Athletics LLC, a Los Angeles area-based company, infringed U.S. Patent Nos. 7,097,578, titled “Bat Having a Flexible Handle,” and 9,067,109, titled “Ball Bat With Optimized Barrel Wall Spacing and Improved End Cap.”

Flex Handle, Optimized Barrel and end cap. ALL BAT MANUFACTURERS CAN SAY THEY HAVE THESE OPTIONS.

Got this off of facebook

Last edited:

Beauner

Starting Player
What does Wilson have anything to do with a bat manufacturing company? Am i missing something.
They are the parent company of Demarini and Louisville Slugger.

Back in 1997ish Demarini had a patent for inner barrel technology and I guess they also had one for flex handles (the Demarini Juggy).
One of my rep buddies goes "I guess that may be why the Demarini Juggy and the Monsta flex handle felt exactly the same to me".