Minnesota Thread

Beauner

Starting Player
USSSA D

1) CPD
2) Jokers
3) Venom

I had the pleasure of serving up a HR ball to EA Sports on Saturday as my team scored a whole 0 runs against Swing Kingz. I dunno who your 3B was but he was a stud with the leather that game.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
USSSA D

1) CPD
2) Jokers
3) Venom

I had the pleasure of serving up a HR ball to EA Sports on Saturday as my team scored a whole 0 runs against Swing Kingz. I dunno who your 3B was but he was a stud with the leather that game.
That is Rich Umberhandt. I can honestly say it went downhill for me after that game.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Saw a guy Friday night get dropped off at the hotel in a cab/van, then he pulled one of these in the grass:

His 3 drunk buddies essentially carry him to his room, then come back out, get in the van and go back to the bar.

We went 1-2 this weekend, but I got to see that, so it worked out.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Nobody got points on ASA picks this weekend, which I suppose is good. Means there are a lot of options on who could win the tourney. Good parity. Had some movement at the top of the leaderboard

Here are this weeks results:

Beauner (The Unknown) - 157
thelastsamurai (Express) - 156
BL19 (Precision) - 154
Maximus Decimus (Pollyanna) - 153
JMac612 (Blueline) - 152
MNBaller (Dewey's) - 144
Bell44 (Silverbacks) - 139
TSFingRocks - 132
Chembry (Horsemen) - 129
Larsl10 (Precision) - 114
Yoke (Horsemen) - 103
Scunions22 (On1) - 84
Sjoquist (Outdoorsmen) - 80

This weekend it's ASA Super and A. Try to get those picks in early, the tourney starts on Thursday.

Picks game rules: http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/minnesota-thread-2018.1428975/page-136#post-18983602

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
I had fun working D state, even if I did have to put up with Beau's pitching. Question for you guys that played, was it made clear to you that there was a time limit? No new inning was to start after 60 minutes. I almost felt sorry for the league team that showed up thinking they were pretty good, until Jokers showed them otherwise.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
I had fun working D state, even if I did have to put up with Beau's pitching. Question for you guys that played, was it made clear to you that there was a time limit? No new inning was to start after 60 minutes. I almost felt sorry for the league team that showed up thinking they were pretty good, until Jokers showed them otherwise.
That rule was made clear. What I didn’t like was the inning ending outs after you use your home runs.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Why would there be a time limit at state?

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Why would there be a time limit at state?
I have no idea. Before this weekend the only other time I'd been aware of one was youth state until the championship. AFAIK the time limit never came into play. 3 of my 5 games came in right around 50 minutes. One was a 20 run rule that took about 30 and the last was a forfeit.

Beauner

Starting Player
I believe the umpire in our first game told us 60 minutes. We didn't have any get close to that really though so it didn't impact us. We won our first game pretty quickly. Then Swing Kingz ended our game with 12 runs in bottom 4 after we went through the first 3.5 innings extremely quickly, and Jokers ended our game in bottom 6.

That Backdoor Sliders team had a rough morning. Lose 18-0 to OCC/Nasty Boyz and 20-0 to Jokers and go home. Ouch.

Beauner

Starting Player
That rule was made clear. What I didn’t like was the inning ending outs after you use your home runs.
Inning ending out rule is so freaking dumb.
Not that it impacted us. We hit one HR and it was when I hit a 3-run HR in top 1 of the first game.

I saw 2-3 games where teams went back to back innings where they only batted one guy.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
Inning ending out rule is so freaking dumb.
Not that it impacted us. We hit one HR and it was when I hit a 3-run HR in top 1 of the first game.

I saw 2-3 games where teams went back to back innings where they only batted one guy.
We had a few of them in our games against Venom and Jokers. It’s a stupid rule.

Beauner

Starting Player
We had a few of them in our games against Venom and Jokers. It’s a stupid rule.
Literally the only rule for ASA that I like more than the corresponding USSSA rule. I just don't understand the concept of making it an inning-ending out. Makes zero sense.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
The idea behind it was to make teams play up to C, hasn't worked. Just like the OE in E, now that's gone. I like it as an umpire because it moves games along. I actually wouldn't mind if they just became DBO's in D and IE in E. Hell if I had my way, it would be IE in Conference, might keep games on time.