Minnesota Thread

wildthing81

New Conference USSSA schedule came out today. The weekend of the Dudley the Conference will be in Chicago. Last I heard Brownie is still going to run the Dudley, how many of you will play in it now that it's not Conference?
I loved the dudley, as a kid i would go up there an watch Larry Carter, Mike Macenko, Rusty Bumgardnar, Hank Garris, Scott Virkus and a host of others blast. With out it being a conference event it will be quite different in 2020. Even running the same weekend as the windy city you lose out on a few other good out of state teams that would normally come, teams like comatose, swing kings, syndicate, OC, Pipac. Maybe a few of those teams still come up most of them I would bet will be in Chicago. To me it seems strange to push the tourney forward for 2020, JMO as it will be 95% local teams.

Last edited:

rmothes

Star Player
I'm entertaining the idea of having a tournament in Siren, WI June 5-7. Currently, I have a full D/E tourney scheduled for May 29-31 and hoping it can happen with WI stay at home scheduled ending May 26th. The June 5-7 tourney would probably be an open tourney or at least C and below. We have 2 fields both with lights. Not specific format yet, could be double elim or 3 game guarantee with 2-0,1-1,0-2 brackets. We run USA rules and have USA umps. With either format could take 24 teams and I'm thinking $200 entry.

I'm not posting this on the facebook pages yet because I'm just gauging interest first from smaller groups of people. I know there is interest, because everyone is getting more desperate to play, but I'm looking for serious team interest.

It must be noted that I will NOT take requests to not play Friday night. Luck/unluck of the draw. 12 teams will be required to play Friday night with first game starting at 7:00pm. Saturday games start would be 8am. For those that don't know, Siren is about 1.5 hrs from Minneapolis/St.Paul. I say serious interest because that distance is too great for many people and it prevents them from wanting to go. It's easy to get a manager a or player or two from a team to say yes, but they have to convince at least 10 others they want to go as well. I realize that's the biggest challenge.

You can reply on here or if you want can email me [email protected] to discuss further.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
The guy hasn't played post season in like 6 years! If he's not babysitting during state and nationals he has some other excuse. Last year he "hurt" his hamstring at dakota days and was unable to play the rest of the year guy's terrified of having to play C (hence the petition again this year). Nice guy but HORRIBLE teammate!!
I wish I hadn’t tore my hamstring last year, I’ve never had a hammy injury, hurt it at Spudfest, took two weeks off and then hurt it at Dakota, rested for another couple weeks and then hurt it again just throwing a football. Didn’t play ball again until last two weeks of fall ball eh ing.

Mario, the roster looks pretty good this year, hopefully at some point softball starts up again? Although it’s looking less and less likely:(.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I’ll get out for a couple rounds of bp this week. It’ll be nice to get some cuts in, and just get out of the house.

I’m hoping my brother remembered how to pitch over quarantine, or that one might suck.

Still no official word when the leagues might start. Mid-June at the earliest would be my guess.

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
I’ll get out for a couple rounds of bp this week. It’ll be nice to get some cuts in, and just get out of the house.

I’m hoping my brother remembered how to pitch over quarantine, or that one might suck.

Still no official word when the leagues might start. Mid-June at the earliest would be my guess.

According to a comment from Pfeff on FB, USA Softball plans call for a June 15 start. I am guessing that is what was submitted to the Governor last week.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Ouch.. you guys should live out here with us in " rocks and cow" country. Start league Thursday

I don’t know that I could handle the eventual drinking habit I’d have to take up.

That sucks! Hopefully our other league starts sooner. If not, we have plenty of time for BP.

Some more swings would be good. Didn’t take nearly as many this winter as I had in the past.

I looked at it and it does work better for my daughters t-ball that’s getting started. Less of the two happening at the same times.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I don’t know if I asked this already, but do you guys want to do the picks game again this year? If you do, want to start with the conference tourneys that start on Thursday?

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
It’ll be interesting to see how rusty some of the players/teams look. I’d hate for my first time out to be on a baseball field.

I’m going to actually have to try to catch a couple fly balls next time out in bp. It was too hot for that mess last night.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
Sad part about the conference firing up is I was reminded I can't watch for free anymore. Can't justify paying when I can only watch 5 mins here and there.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I paid for the week one, because now that I’m working from home, I can just have it on while I’m doing stuff.

I don’t think I’ll be paying for it outside of weekends where it’s in Florida, though. Too many issues with the iPod/iPad setup. I can just refresh the brackets as needed.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Supposedly one game a day is on facebook live for free. I paid for the month, I'll watch the rest of this weekend and next weekend in Tulsa before I go to Cincinnatti to umpire them.

Dan Smith takes Dual #1 in extras of the IF from Resmondo. Thunder 3rd.