Minnesota Thread

wildthing81

I know how hard you hit the ball and not definitely surprised you hit some. I played against you in Hanover.

When I played in Philadelphia, I played against David Miller (Line Drive and Above All) and Ryan Parfitt. Another guy Ryan Piercy, who doesn't play conference but probably could, hits the ball a ton as well. His daughter has been battling cancer for several years so he values his family time. Chris Carter, who was my coach for DePauls, was a defensive end for a semi-pro football team and built like a brick sh*t house. I saw those guys hit them out on fairly regular basis.

David Miller definitely hits it! I played against him a few times, man is he big in person. Parfit while smaller in size can still mash and is a road runner in CF, runs everything down. I used to text with him every now and again a few years ago until he dropped out of the conference.

Good ole Hanover league, my old man lives out there and he still wanted to play league at the time, but because he was in his late 50's he wasnt sure the team would ask him back unless i played. Our team wasnt good, but i got to play with my dad for a couple summers in league and that was always fun to see my pop trying to keep up and do a good job for a most part with younger guys. He finally decided at 60 he wanted to play with guys his own age and moved on to play on the 60 and over Minnesota Merchants senior Major team. I can only wish to have that much spirit ,ability and good health to be playing if I wanted at 60 years old +

Beauner

Starting Player
So apparently my team got signed up for Nationals by our manager clicking the email. We never paid for it. But I looked at the bracket today and there we were. So we're trying to figure out how we got added to the bracket without ever paying for it.

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
David Miller definitely hits it! I played against him a few times, man is he big in person. Parfit while smaller in size can still mash and is a road runner in CF, runs everything down. I used to text with him every now and again a few years ago until he dropped out of the conference.

Good ole Hanover league, my old man lives out there and he still wanted to play league at the time, but because he was in his late 50's he wasnt sure the team would ask him back unless i played. Our team wasnt good, but i got to play with my dad for a couple summers in league and that was always fun to see my pop trying to keep up and do a good job for a most part with younger guys. He finally decided at 60 he wanted to play with guys his own age and moved on to play on the 60 and over Minnesota Merchants senior Major team. I can only wish to have that much spirit ,ability and good health to be playing if I wanted at 60 years old +

Yeah David Miller is a giant. I think he stands 6'5". He is now the head coach for La Salle University and doesn't play as much as he used to. That league in Norristown had both Parfitt and David Miller, but now also has ex-Phillie Domonic Brown as well. Talk about some stiff competition...I don't know how much Parfitt and David Miller still play.

I was talking to your dad at Harvest Fest. He is a good man. I hope I am able to compete at 60 as well.

jcmichaels42

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah David Miller is a giant. I think he stands 6'5". He is now the head coach for La Salle University and doesn't play as much as he used to. That league in Norristown had both Parfitt and David Miller, but now also has ex-Phillie Domonic Brown as well. Talk about some stiff competition...I don't know how much Parfitt and David Miller still play.

I was talking to your dad at Harvest Fest. He is a good man. I hope I am able to compete at 60 as well.
Miller still plays fairly regularly, but not Parfitt.
Best part is that Miller and Dom Brown are on the same team...although Brown hasn't shown up yet. Sean Ulmer is on the same team as well.

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
Miller still plays fairly regularly, but not Parfitt.
Best part is that Miller and Dom Brown are on the same team...although Brown hasn't shown up yet. Sean Ulmer is on the same team as well.

Norristown is a tough league. A lot of very good ball players.

I played with DePaul's. Tell Carter Bryant from MN says hi. I bet he will say "my man". He and I still text several times a year. I also played several tournaments with MKS. Moose used to call me lefty.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
The super and AA tourneys were actually kind of enjoyable to watch. Some of those dudes struggle with the high arc more than I expected.

Five tourneys this weekend? C and D nationals, SLC conference dual and Atlanta conference tourney.

Weekly Results:
Beauner - 18
Maximus - 8
Bell - 8
Chembry - 8
Yoke - 6
mnballer - 6

Full Year:
Beauner - 91 (3 - 0 - 2)
Maximus - 73 (4 - 2 - 0)
Bell - 71 (3 - 1 - 2)
Chembry - 64 (2 - 3 - 2)
Yoke - 62 (0 - 1 - 5)
mnballer - 58 (4 - 0 - 5)
TS - 4 (0 - 0 - 1)
EAJuggalo - 2

Picks game rules: http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/minnesota-thread-2018.1428975/page-136#post-18983602

Last edited:

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
C National: Chosen/Thunder
Top finishing MN: Stagecoach
D National: EC
Top finishing MN: Nasty Boys
SLC 1: Bay Area
SLC 2: Xtreme
Atlanta: Bad Draw

Last edited:

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
Top Finishing MN: Silverbacks
D National: Grassland
Top Finishing MN: MN Militia
SLC 2:Bay Area

Last edited:

wildthing81

Appreciate the kind words.....

My old man, just a softball guy at heart, if he aint playing hes watching. Some of my youngest memories as a kid is being at some of the fields in Brooklyn Center running around and watching my dad play. I remember watching him in the Dudley and the sound of the single wall bats made with the hard blue stitch and white ball made (Ting) sounded like a golf ball. Great memories and stuff like that lead me to play all these years and now work with my son to get him into baseball/softball as well.

Good luck to all the teams competing this weekend for a national championship, stay safe, have fun.

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans
C National: Kass & Co
D National: EC Syndicate
SLC 2: Bay Area

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
D National: refurbished
Top finishing MN: Johnson tree
SLC 2: bay area

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
C National: Russells Paint
Top finishing A&B
D National: New Age
SLC 1: Xtreme

Beauner

Starting Player
C National: Newbreed/Gorillaz
D National: New Age/Raritan State Bank
Top finishing MN: Johnson Tree
SLC 1: Xtreme

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Silverbacks just 20 runned Seabass in their first game.

Just watched Silverbacks put up 18 runs without an out in the second inning. That'll win a lot of games

That was a beating. They were rolling.

I wish I could get the USA games to work on my tv. I’m going to watch Xtreme play, then back to USA games on my phone. Hard day to get stuff done.

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
That was a beating. They were rolling.

I wish I could get the USA games to work on my tv. I’m going to watch Xtreme play, then back to USA games on my phone. Hard day to get stuff done.

The only issue I am having is that I can't watch full screen on OGE Energy field. Every other field I can. The camera on OGE Energy field is so far back that you can't really see what is what, so it would be nice to watch full screen.

Beauner

Starting Player
The only issue I am having is that I can't watch full screen on OGE Energy field. Every other field I can. The camera on OGE Energy field is so far back that you can't really see what is what, so it would be nice to watch full screen.
Yep. I have it on my tablet and was able to zoom in on the feed but the full screen option didn't work.
First two Minnesota teams to play get mercy rule wins, as SBI wins 26-16.

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
A&B was down 14-6 going into bottom 6. They just scored 7 to cut it to 14-13 going into the top 7.

Beauner

Starting Player
A&B walks off Red Stars after red stars appeared to intentionally walk the winning run with two outs (pushing the tying run to 2B). Next hitter singles to CF. CF tries to field it on the run in an attempt to throw the tying run out. Boots it. Winning run scores.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Stagecoach had a comeback win as well.

I’m able to watch it full screen on my phone. Haven’t tried it on anything else though.

Beauner

Starting Player
Holy crap this team that Evan Knutson Homes is playing is having a TERRIBLE game. I don't think I've seen a defense this bad in a long time

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
The super and AA tourneys were actually kind of enjoyable to watch. Some of those dudes struggle with the high arc more than I expected.
The only reason they should struggle with the high pitch is that Conference USSSA doesn't call the rulebook strike zone, but it is getting better. There is no pitch that is a strike in USA that is not a strike in USSSA. The only two pitchers I've seen throw that 10 footer consistently though were Tommy Baugh of Baugh Ford and I don't even know who the pitcher was for Anarchy/MPT.