Minnesota Thread

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Bay Area double dipped Xtreme to take dual 1. L&S Glass third. It's going to be a long day for those two teams.

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
4 undefeated at d nats mankato

Grasslands vs deweys

Johnson tree vs northlands elite

Loser bracket

Nasty boys vs. Dab

Syndicate vs jt fitlife

Apc vs refurbished

Mn militia vs new age

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Bay Area double dipped Xtreme to take dual 1. L&S Glass third. It's going to be a long day for those two teams.
I was watching Xtreme play last night, and they looked like they wanted to go to bed. Have to run the loser bracket, because they lost the 9:30am game yesterday after playing until 3 or 4 in the morning in dual 1. Plus the MI guy is out after getting hit in the face by a bad hop.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
Northwoods took 2nd last year is St. Louis... they won this year. I wonder if they will finally have to play C or will they get more Wisconsin love?

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans
After being down in OKC for C Nationals, there were some fun teams to watch. We played Reno's our 2nd game and they put on an absolutely clinic. Hats off to Stagecoach for coming back and knocking us out.

That D&R Miller team is impressive. Their defense is great. They hit the ball and they only have one guy on the team 25 or older. They lost their 2nd game to run all the way back to the IF game.

wildthing81

The only reason they should struggle with the high pitch is that Conference USSSA doesn't call the rulebook strike zone, but it is getting better. There is no pitch that is a strike in USA that is not a strike in USSSA. The only two pitchers I've seen throw that 10 footer consistently though were Tommy Baugh of Baugh Ford and I don't even know who the pitcher was for Anarchy/MPT.

Thank you, glad another ump recognizes it! I argued with Conference usssa umps constantly about 3 foot from release, that ball should not plateau through the zone and be a strike, 3 feet up, 3 feet down and can go up to 10 FT. I remember pitching in the HOF dual against Dan Smith. Matt was umping the game, I asked him before the game if he would give the high 9 or 10 foot strike which he did. Weird Dan Smith struggled hitting that pitch and complained all game long about it as it was a very close game. They kept on taking those pitches and I kept getting those strike calls and then when they had to swing, either beat into the ground or popped up. I believe Dombroski from MPT hits those high pitches as does Dan Evans who pitched with Xtreme, BearHollow and even with my team for a bit in 2017 Rebel Sports. I remember the umps not giving him 8 feet in the Houston Major and Dan telling the umps bro I have 2 more feet to go and your not even giving me 8 feet. Jason Oberlag does a great job of explaining this in one of the videos he posted this year.

wildthing81

Northwoods took 2nd last year is St. Louis... they won this year. I wonder if they will finally have to play C or will they get more Wisconsin love?

Elite or GHR took 2nd last year out of 9 teams, I believe its top 10% nationally that get bumped, so there may have been some grey area there. I know all the guys from Elite, I pitched for them the weekend prior in WI and won the tourney and beat the only C team in the tourney twice so its definitely talented group. I believe with out speaking on their behalf they are moving up to C regardless, but they are also playing in Topeka this weekend and I told them hey if you win this one, skip C move right on up to B. Either way talented group of mostly 20 somethings and a few crafty vets plus Scott Jacobs who i've talked about on the mound shutting down the middle. The kid who won the MVP of nationals is just 22 so they have some really good young talent. Ok I looked on Gosoftball, they are all rated C now so I guess that tells ya where they are at.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Sorry about the delay getting these done. My plan to do them yesterday didn't pan out. Surprisingly low scores for how many tournaments and things there were to pick from. Bad Draw having a rough weekend and Bay Area doing bad in dual 2, plus nobody got points for C and D nationals for the winner (got points for the local picks)

This week there's USA A and B (and local picks), plus a conference dual tourney, so 6 things to get points from

Weekly Results:
mnballer - 15
Beauner - 13
Yoke - 13
Maximus - 11
Bell - 10
Chembry - 6

Full Year:
Beauner - 104 (3 - 1 - 2)
Maximus - 84 (4 - 2 - 0)
Bell - 81 (3 - 1 - 2)
Yoke - 75 (0 - 2 - 5)
mnballer - 73 (5 - 0 - 5)
Chembry - 70 (2 - 3 - 2)
TS - 4 (0 - 0 - 1)
EAJuggalo - 2

Picks game rules: http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/minnesota-thread-2018.1428975/page-136#post-18983602

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Who are we considering local for this weekend?
Just Ts, Chanti, Ductech?
If everyone is comfortable with it, I’d be down to add Comatose, Theraldson, Heartland and Drip City to the local bunch. They play here a lot. Theraldson and Heartland play Minnesota state tourneys.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
If everyone is comfortable with it, I’d be down to add Comatose, Theraldson, Heartland and Drip City to the local bunch. They play here a lot. Theraldson and Heartland play Minnesota state tourneys.

Yes. I just assumed it since we've done it before

If they play most our open tournaments I'd say there local.

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
USA A: PTS/Southern Roosters
Top Local: Heartland
USA B: L&S Glass
Top Local: Comatose
Dual 1: Dan Smith
Dual 2: Resmondo

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans
USA A: GS/Nallys
USA B: L&S Glass
Top Local: Ductech
Dual 1: Resmondo
Dual 2: Resmondo

Last edited:

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
USA A: PTS
Top Local: Ductech
USA B: GS
Top Local: Theraldson
Dual 2: Dan Smith

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
USA A: pts
USA B: pts
Top Local: Comatose
Dual 2: dan smith

Last edited:

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Thank you, glad another ump recognizes it! I argued with Conference usssa umps constantly about 3 foot from release, that ball should not plateau through the zone and be a strike, 3 feet up, 3 feet down and can go up to 10 FT. I remember pitching in the HOF dual against Dan Smith. Matt was umping the game, I asked him before the game if he would give the high 9 or 10 foot strike which he did. Weird Dan Smith struggled hitting that pitch and complained all game long about it as it was a very close game. They kept on taking those pitches and I kept getting those strike calls and then when they had to swing, either beat into the ground or popped up. I believe Dombroski from MPT hits those high pitches as does Dan Evans who pitched with Xtreme, BearHollow and even with my team for a bit in 2017 Rebel Sports. I remember the umps not giving him 8 feet in the Houston Major and Dan telling the umps bro I have 2 more feet to go and your not even giving me 8 feet. Jason Oberlag does a great job of explaining this in one of the videos he posted this year.
Jason is exactly who I learned it from, when he and Doc did the national clinic in Rosemount in 2018 that was one of the things he harped on. Now with a mostly new group of umpires in CUSSSA that learned that way it is getting better. Unless Ellenz is on the field.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
this is ridiculous power from just one team....

View attachment 64502
Part of that is how many more games they've played than everyone else. Harvey is in another world but if Stewie had as many PA's he might be pretty close even before taking into account that Harvey gets more HR per game than Stewie at least a couple games a tournament. Looks like Resmondo might actually have a lower PA-HR ratio than Dan Smith.