Minnesota Thread

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
Two years ago the team that won D at Corky's from Iowa used to be Frogtown Gym (or something along those lines) who placed top 8 at C nationals in Rochester. The team that won C nationals that year? Precision out of Chicago.... you know, the AA team.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
That's the one problem I have with Corkys it is almost always an out of state team that wins. But I do really like playing in Faribualt, nice complex. Hopefully Monsta brings a lot of bats. Does anybody know when they start selling them? Fun to watch Resmundo as well. Maybe this is the year Mn teams do well?

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
Bought a new nut cup that's lighter and is more comfortable than standard cups. Can't wait to try it out! 8 PM D2 in Owatonna if you'd like to see it's first tournament action. I project a 1/3 batting performance with a single. I'm hoping to stick around my 1.0 BB per game average on the bump. Hopefully Elite Sports isn't overly patient.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
That reminds me to check my bag to see if my cup is in there. I may have to do some pitching tonight.

Last year I bought some longer sliding shorts that cover your knees. It was the first year I didn't have a scraped knee from sliding since I was about 10 years old. It was glorious. I'd suggest them to anyone.

Beauner

Starting Player
Running the bases is overrated. Take your hit and then have somebody run for you, like I do ;) (mostly because my team knows I make slow look fast, but partly because 8 knee surgeries later my knee gets pretty sore - less so this season so far with the workout program I've been doing).

ninerniner

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone want to play tonight in Hanover? We need 3 at 6:30/8:30...

Shoot me a text if you're interested.

Brandon
(763)843-1825

Last edited:

basilray

Ditto on the poop swings.

If I wasn't hitting off the end of the bat last night, I was hitting off the taper. Just garbage.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
It's a pretty exclusive club. Poop Swinging since 2002.

After watching Hot Ice last night, I'm not sure it is as exclusive as you think :)

Ditto on the poop swings.

If I wasn't hitting off the end of the bat last night, I was hitting off the taper. Just garbage.

I'm so far ahead of the ball it's crazy. Eventually I got the barrel on the ball, but it should have had a little more oomph on it. Wasn't trying to hit a homer, but flew out to the warning track three times. If we kept track of sac flies, I'd be crushing it.

I think I know my issue, but we'll see if I can fix it in a round of BP.

basilray

Maybe it's just me, but you just feel dumb when you know how to hit but can't do it...then watch a woman pick up the same bat and crush.

Then again, I don't think there's a noteworthy contingent of co-ed folks in this thread, so I could be alone in feeling that way.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I haven't played coed in quite a long time. Never actually been on a coed team. Looks fun, though.

I asked about adding a woman to play on our men's team (in league), because she's probably better than most of us, but they said it's against the rules.

basilray

The thing I like about co-ed is that it's generally more chill. Granted, having to scramble to find women to play is annoying...and scrambling to find competent women can be real frustrating.

I haven't played men's other than a couple fill-in men's games in the last couple years. Being that our LF is due in July, things could get dicey in the early season. Post-baby that knocks out our LF and her husband who plays 3B. Likely will need to pimp myself out in the fall.

basilray

I love playing coed. A lot of leagues are way chill and it makes me not completely hate softball.

Plus, as a pitcher, you probably don't feel like you're going to get killed by every batter in co-ed. Not every batter...just most.

I've been playing pretty low-level because I like the core crew I've been with. Because it's so low, I don't head to the mound with anything more than my glove and a towel. Took one back at me last night. It was in my glove, but slipped out and rolled away. Was not thrilled that I let that one go.

Sixes

K C C O
Corkys:
Open: Resmondo
Open Local Team: Chanticlear
C: Red Stars
D Owatonna: Busch Leaguers
D Faribault: Reckless

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
Plus, as a pitcher, you probably don't feel like you're going to get killed by every batter in co-ed. Not every batter...just most.

I played a double header last night right after eating and that was a horrible idea. Literally, I struggled to bend over to field ground balls. I missed 3 easy plays because I was a fat, bloated dummy. 3/8 on the night. Crushed it.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I was glad the only play I had to make on Wednesday when I pitched an inning was a floater that would have landed softly 10 feet in front of 2nd if I hadn't used my cat like reflexes and 4 inch jumping skills to catch it.

I saw the teams in our Hanover league on Thursdays last night, and I better limber up if I'm going to pitch. There are some good squads there.

squeakslang3

offically unofficial
almost hit one out at Dred last night. with the free purple mercy too. not sure whether to swing the mercy or EST this weekend, hit both decent last night, EST was a little more consistent.

I think this will be my year that mother natures farts and pushes the ball an extra 5 feet over the fence. i can feel it in these old bones.