Minnesota Thread

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
So what do you think the odds are that Hanover, Mound and Corkys go off without a hitch? This weather is awful. The only year that was worse that I can remember was the 16 inches that snowed in Owatonna the week of the tourney. I'd say we're close to 50% for Hanover and Mound and 75% for corkys. Supposed to snow again this Saturday.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
So what do you think the odds are that Hanover, Mound and Corkys go off without a hitch? This weather is awful. The only year that was worse that I can remember was the 16 inches that snowed in Owatonna the week of the tourney. I'd say we're close to 50% for Hanover and Mound and 75% for corkys. Supposed to snow again this Saturday.
I think that's probably a fair guess. It is supposed to warm up next week, so there's still hope, I suppose.

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Get to play silverbacks the 1st game if the yr...
great way to start the season. See what we are made of and hope to make a close game out of if..

2nd game is against some occ team from Albert lea

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Are we going to do the Sioux city tourney.. most teams are from mn and a cpl from s.d...

Do highest b , c , d maybe..

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans
great way to start the season. See what we are made of and hope to make a close game out of if..

You guys will be just fine against us. You have a good team and it's everyone's first game of the year. Just hope for fun games to start the season.

Last edited:

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Is that a 3 or 4 game guarantee down there?

Should be a good time to just get some games in, and not be playing in the snow.

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
2 pool play games then they put you in a upper or lower bracket.. dbl elim..

Last yr we went 2 and 0 in pool play..

Played in the upper.. beat a local young team , lost to state farm , beat outdoorsmen then lost to Tryon sat night.. 6 games in one day on a 315 fld.. we are bringing an extra outflder next wknd .

wildthing81

Kenny has done some asa the past year or two
yea an hes terrible just like he was in Utrip, I hate to talk bad about anyone but sorry he acts like hes never wrong, is lazy and generally un pleasant to deal with. Just because you have been around softball for 30 years doesn't give you the right to be a complete a$$hat. I've seen him ring people up for balls that hit the middle of the plate in big games and go sit in the bleachers and let players ump during league. That's just a lack of effort.

Donger73

Addicted to Softballfans
2 pool play games then they put you in a upper or lower bracket.. dbl elim..

Last yr we went 2 and 0 in pool play..

Played in the upper.. beat a local young team , lost to state farm , beat outdoorsmen then lost to Tryon sat night.. 6 games in one day on a 315 fld.. we are bringing an extra outflder next wknd .

So true lol, one of the few places I still see D teams play 4/4 defensively

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
yea an hes terrible just like he was in Utrip, I hate to talk bad about anyone but sorry he acts like hes never wrong, is lazy and generally un pleasant to deal with. Just because you have been around softball for 30 years doesn't give you the right to be a complete a$$hat. I've seen him ring people up for balls that hit the middle of the plate in big games and go sit in the bleachers and let players ump during league. That's just a lack of effort.
We have him during league...

ooof

So true lol, one of the few places I still see D teams play 4/4 defensively
We'll do it more this year depending on who is pitching. Sometimes I think D teams do 3 OF, but they don't really have the guys to actually execute it very well. We have a guy that's super fast (college sprinter), and I'm hoping he'll be able to start taking CF one of these days.

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
I honestly think a 3 man is more about your infld.. make the routine plays in the outfld and a 3 man works good..
But it helps that our middle guys is pretty good..

sjoquist43

Addicted to Softballfans

We have Tryon out of the gate, we played T's first last year. We go because of the 4 GG. Can't wait! We will be missing regulars like we did last year, but it's great to be out playing.

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
We have Tryon out of the gate, we played T's first last year. We go because of the 4 GG. Can't wait! We will be missing regulars like we did last year, but it's great to be out playing.

Hopefully the weather gets a little better.. but either way can't wait for next wknd

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I'm not optimistic. I don't know what to expect but I doubt it will be good lol
Well, hopefully you do well enough to be the guy saying "I did great, but these assholes..." and not be the guy that's one of the assholes.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm not optimistic. I don't know what to expect but I doubt it will be good lol
I don’t know Charles Weeks, he was throwing our team under the bus a little about combining 3 c teams into a d team:). Our roster actually doesn’t look too bad compared to a few with the Plus ratings. I believe the plus only comes if you or your team petitioned in the past and won? But not sure?

No Ben with you guys? Nice guy and good ball player.

Beauner

Starting Player
I don’t know Charles Weeks, he was throwing our team under the bus a little about combining 3 c teams into a d team:). Our roster actually doesn’t look too bad compared to a few with the Plus ratings. I believe the plus only comes if you or your team petitioned in the past and won? But not sure?

Yeah Chuck likes to get into arguments on the boards a lot.
I tried to convince Ben to play with us again but he had to cut back on tournaments and didn't want to run the risk of not being able to play on the weekends he was able to so he found a team with a lighter tournament schedule. I wasn't thrilled about losing him, but he's gotta do what he's gotta do. This will be my first year ever not having him on my team. Gonna be weird to play against him.

As for the + system, I'm not real sure how it works. I know one of our guys has a + because he was on a roster for a team that went to nationals and had a high finish but he hadn't played with them for 4 months.

Last edited:

Kenny Powers

Addicted to Softballfans

Kevin, I was assigned a + next to my name as a C card on a D team that got bumped (V+ Flooring). The rest of the team moved from D to C and myself and Cody and Sean went from C to C+. It prevents us from doing that some thing again for a few years at least. I have since had that removed, but had to petition to do so.

That Weeks character......my god find a new hobby if all you are going to do is complain about classifications.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
You can also get a + if your team places high enough at state or nationals (.500 or better I think), so you can't finish well at D and jump on an E team or the same with C to a D team.