Minnesota Thread

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Thoughts needed...

Sioux falls spring classic wants us to play in the c/open. They have about 8 to 10 c teams and then peper farms and heartland..

We are still "d" but won the "d" last yr. The t.d. wants us to play the c/open but I was against playing peper farms and heartland.. I told them to drop the 2 open teams and we would be all for it..

My 2nd though for him was make a true e tourney them with the rest of the teams put into one bracket with heartland as the #1 seed and peper farms as #2.
If those 2 teams take 1st and 2nd.. don't pay them. Then pay the top 2 or 3 c teams then pay the top 2 or 3 d teams..

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm fine with us playing c teams. The issue is playing in a c tourney that added 2 b teams. Drop the b teams and it will be gtg

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Or just play. The goal should be to play the best competition possible until state and nationals because that’s what you will get there.

What's the point on driving 2 hrs getting hotels , spending money when there's no return.. and yes we travel more then 95% of teams out there..

We played against state farm , Tryon 3 times , key guys , silverbacks , t's , oss, b.i.c. I think we have played plenty of the top teams..

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
What's the point on driving 2 hrs getting hotels , spending money when there's no return.. and yes we travel more then 95% of teams out there..

We played against state farm , Tryon 3 times , key guys , silverbacks , t's , oss, b.i.c. I think we have played plenty of the top teams..

Well then don't play. Its not like your getting screwed over. We have to play in the open at Stifftungsfest. More tournaments should bump up teams if they try to win the same class in back to back years.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Well that sucks. I had good traction going for bringing one back to the Mankato area.
I doubt you lose much, if any.

We're out for the reschedule date, but because it'd be three weekends in a row of playing, and that doesn't work for us.

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Hopefully they try a different wknd.. we will be in Mankato forsure.. but would change our schedule around to make Hanover work.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Anyone ever painted their own Worth pitching helmet? The only place I've seen that does it costs $140 to do the helmet and mask.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah we are still playing Mankato, I guess Rollin wasn’t the kindest towards our manager when he said that weekend won’t work for us for Hanover, oh well.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
The easiest results I've ever done. Nobody got any points.

Chembry (Horsemen) - 5
Sjoquist43 (Outdoorsmen) - 5
Larsl10 (Precision Lining) - 5
Thelastsamurai (M&M Construction) - 5
Yoke (Horsemen) - 5
Beauner (1Micro) - 1
Bell44 (Silverbacks) - 1
Bl19 (Precision Lining) - 1
Chunkers00 (Warriors) - 1
Jimbo81 (Arnies) - 1
Maximus Decimus (Pollyanna) - 1
MNBaller (Dewey's) - 1
Ringer44 (Rampage) - 1
TSfingrocks (Element Exteriors) - 1
Bubs77 (Silverbacks) - 0

Two tournaments this weekend, since luckily we've added the conference tourneys to the picks this year. I'll post both brackets in a few minutes. That tourney starts on Thursday, so get your picks in quick.

Picks game rules: http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/minnesota-thread-2018.1428975/page-136#post-18983602

Thoughts needed...

Sioux falls spring classic wants us to play in the c/open. They have about 8 to 10 c teams and then peper farms and heartland..

We are still "d" but won the "d" last yr. The t.d. wants us to play the c/open but I was against playing peper farms and heartland.. I told them to drop the 2 open teams and we would be all for it..

My 2nd though for him was make a true e tourney them with the rest of the teams put into one bracket with heartland as the #1 seed and peper farms as #2.
If those 2 teams take 1st and 2nd.. don't pay them. Then pay the top 2 or 3 c teams then pay the top 2 or 3 d teams..

I don't think you need to worry about Heartland, they play sixes wild that weekend................... Or did they pull out of that one?

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans

Honestly, I feel that more tournaments should move teams up. It will stop teams from winning it year after year.

I get that you guys travel a lot. Sadly, that's the downfall of being an out state team. You guys have a good team. But the reason you play shouldn't be for a return on your money.

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
Dan Smith crapped the bed this weekend, but playing 3-inning one-pitch games is tough. It's anyone's game at that point.

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Honestly, I feel that more tournaments should move teams up. It will stop teams from winning it year after year.

I get that you guys travel a lot. Sadly, that's the downfall of being an out state team. You guys have a good team. But the reason you play shouldn't be for a return on your money.

Yeah I just told them we will do whatever.. not really worried about Tryon because of how much we do play them.. just not really a fan of playing heartland and half of t's ( Reggie , taralson , Madsen , Rowland and who knows who else will be there)

Hopefully winter is over here soon