Minnesota Thread

wildthing81

getting run ruled in pretty much every game you play is going to break the spirits a little lol. Maybe they'll allow them to drop to B with out they're playing.
I've said from day one its WAYYYYYYYYYYY different when you are a conference team playing Conference tourneys every week as opposed to a really good local team that goes to conference events and plays in them here an there. As an A or B team in Cusssa if you are not a top team you will get thumped by AA an Major teams from time to time and im telling you loosing like that has a real carry over affect for a lot of people, you loose confidence you start to question things an its all snowballs. Also you then have local teams taking their best shot at you as a classified conference team. People that aren't used to loosing sometimes struggle at the conference level getting past that part of the game. If you look at it as just one game at a time win or loose and put it behind out not matter the outcome then at least for me I was able to move on an not carry it over other games or Tourneys. For example we went out to the Baltimore Dual in 2014, played Resmondo (major) and 4theFallen (major) back to back games, brutal, lost both by run rule of course, the next weekend however we played in the Indiana Circle City major, had our best tourney of the year. I guess its all in how you look at things, Im sure Chanticlear will be fine in the long run.

Jimbo81

Krueger #15
You think the umps get tired of SIS complaining?? Both games I've watched that is all they do, and they finally tossed one of the coaches!

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
You think the umps get tired of SIS complaining?? Both games I've watched that is all they do, and they finally tossed one of the coaches!

He got tossed two games in a row. First time was arguing balls and strikes and trying to get his team going. Second time he really had no argument. It was a close call that could have gone both ways. Ump called him safe and there was no evidence that the call could be over turned. It wouldn't have been nearly as close if the runner would have ran out the ground ball.

Both times SIS was down big!! They aren't used to being beat like they have been in this tournament.

Last edited:

Jimbo81

Krueger #15
He got tossed two games in a row. First time was arguing balls and strikes and trying to get his team going. Second time he really had no argument. It was a close call that could have gone both ways. Ump called him safe and there was no evidence that the call could be over turned.

Both times SIS was down big!! They aren't used to being beat like they have been in this tournament.

Yea, and I get it he is trying to get his team going a bit. It just seemed like the entire game. I agree there was not much of an argument for the call at first.

We will see if it continues in round 2 tonight! lol

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
You think the umps get tired of SIS complaining??
Yes, yes they do. I've never worked a game with a Major team but I know a few guys that are on a first name basis with most of the conference players. They ***** from time to time about the players just like we all do, seems that coaches are worst of all. It gets to a point there are certain teams you really don't want to call just because you don't want to hear it for 90-120 minutes but you also don't want to go overboard and toss them early. Even harder for the Conference guys where your boss is also one of the players complaining.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I had Dan Smith down for duel 2, then deleted it. Shouldn't have overthought my pick there.

Xtreme and Chanticlear will both start finishing higher once it warms up around here. Seems like Xtreme has set their lineup a bit more already, and Chanticlear is switching things around more (at least in the few games I've seen).

****, I want to start playing so I have something to do with softball besides watch it online.

freeze2104

Average E ringer
I've said from day one its WAYYYYYYYYYYY different when you are a conference team playing Conference tourneys every week as opposed to a really good local team that goes to conference events and plays in them here an there. As an A or B team in Cusssa if you are not a top team you will get thumped by AA an Major teams from time to time and im telling you loosing like that has a real carry over affect for a lot of people, you loose confidence you start to question things an its all snowballs. Also you then have local teams taking their best shot at you as a classified conference team. People that aren't used to loosing sometimes struggle at the conference level getting past that part of the game. If you look at it as just one game at a time win or loose and put it behind out not matter the outcome then at least for me I was able to move on an not carry it over other games or Tourneys. For example we went out to the Baltimore Dual in 2014, played Resmondo (major) and 4theFallen (major) back to back games, brutal, lost both by run rule of course, the next weekend however we played in the Indiana Circle City major, had our best tourney of the year. I guess its all in how you look at things, Im sure Chanticlear will be fine in the long run.

I don't doubt it. Also, looking at the end of the sentence I wrote when you replied.. no idea what I was talking about lol. I'm sure the pizza boys will bounce back

Jimbo81

Krueger #15
Mound
C: 3X Gear/ The Box
D: Coors Light
E: J&W Asphalt

I'm picking E just because that is the lowly division I play in!

Conference
TDB

Rochester
B/C: Budweiser
D/E: M&M Construction

SRO
Chanticlear

Last edited:

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans
Mound
C: 3X Gear/The Box
D: A&B

CONF: TBD

Rochester:
Open: Eurotech
D: M&M

SRO: Chanticlear

Last edited:

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
Mound
C: OA Apparel
D: A&B

Conference: TDB

Rochester:
Open: Element Exteriors
D: M&M

SRO:
Chanticlear

Last edited:

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
I'd say mound is 80% a go. The fields are in much better shape then Friday. The only thing that could screw this up is if the ground thawing turns the fields to mush again.

larsl10

For mound we are just supposed to pick the highest c team correct.if a b team wins we just get the highest finishing c team?

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
For mound we are just supposed to pick the highest c team correct.if a b team wins we just get the highest finishing c team?
Let's just go with the winner, whether it's C or B. Makes it a little less complicated.

At this time of the year, I think upsets are a little more likely, too. Nobody really has been outside yet.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
Mound
C/B Chucks
D A&b transmission

Rochester
C/b. Element
D j Rudlong Construction

Conference pure sports Monsta

Sro Chanticlear

Last edited:

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
Mound
C: Minnesota Maniax/BSA
D: Gull Dam Brewing
E: Geneva Bar and Grill Young Guns

Conference
Major: TDB/FAI

Rochester
B/C: Eurotech
D: J Rudlong Const/BCS/NW Liq/On1

SRO
Open: Chanticlear

Last edited:

Ringer44

Addicted to Softballfans
Mound
C= showbombs
D=sterling trophy

Sro
Pizza

Roc
D= m and m
C= eurotech

Conference
TBD

Last edited:

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans
Does anyone know why 3X Gear is playing more MN tournaments? I know I saw they picked up some State Farm guys and have MN ties now. But I thought I heard something that they weren't allowed to play C in ND. Any truth to that?

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
C= 3x/box
D= Coors light
E= jimbo hits 3 hros the 1st game

Conference = pure/monsta

Rochester =
b / c : junk b gone
D : m and m

Sro = chanticlear

Last edited:

Bormann9

In states with low population like ND not sure - Entire state has 770k people - Basically they said would you mind not playing state this year in ND and we will give you a + sign? - We still play all the other C tourneys in ND and MN.