Minnesota Thread

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Hassan should be playing post-season, unless they're full of **** when they said the reason they weren't playing state was because it was the same weekend as Harvest Fest. Now it's a different weekend.

I finally get to play some actual games tonight. Some big Hot Ice action at Centennial. Half our team hasn't touched their bags since the end of last season, so it should go great.

leib0039

Hey everyone, just was going to drop in some information about Polish Days softball tournament 2018. I see I need 3 posts to add the flyers/links, so that will follow shortly!

Ivanhoe MN Aug 10-11-12 2018 I am a little bit biased as I run the tourney but I think it is one of the most fun tourney's out there. The top 2 divisions are played on a 325-350-325 baseball field with unlimited HR's while the low mens and womens is played on a field that is anywhere from 225'-260' with a 18 foot fence. We have around 40 teams total and the atmosphere is great. Live DJ at the fields, $1 beers and some of the best hot hom and cheese you will find. The camp ground is at the field and is where a majority of the people stay. Great softball for all levels and an even better time. Hoping this is allowed and I will follow up with the flyer.

I play with Dewey's during the summer so just fine #6 walking around, we try to hit up every big tourney of the summer. Corkys was a blast, hoping for more of that weather!

Brad Deweys #6

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Smash It making some moves already is kind of interesting. Surprised they are doing it so early in the season, but they really must not have meshed very well. I don't know that they're going to be a ton better, but I guess if you're pumping that much money into it, you've gotta do something.

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
Smash It making some moves already is kind of interesting. Surprised they are doing it so early in the season, but they really must not have meshed very well. I don't know that they're going to be a ton better, but I guess if you're pumping that much money into it, you've gotta do something.

Saw on old scout SIS released Branch and Payne, then picked up Flip and John Williams from Pure. Flip is a good pickup but I can't stand John Williams mouth.

freeze2104

Average E ringer
Lost to Chanticlear after being within 1 going into the 6th. Beat Maniax by a few. Lose to Resmondo and hit a whopping zero HRs when allowed 12. Sweet draw for us. Only thing worse was our bats.

lol don't get me started on playing bad. We went 0-3 and hit a total of 8 hr in 3 games. Total combined score...24

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Hoosier Classic: Resmondo
H. Auto: Joe Buck

Here's the last list of teams for the H. Auto tourney I could find: CPD, Shaggy Dogs, Reno Trucking, The Crew, B-Slap, Sota Boys, Sterling Trophy, Ultimate Drywall, Joe Buck.

freeze2104

Average E ringer
I do have a question about ASA bats. Since this new mn softball thing uses a 52/300 and my team this year plays a few asa tournaments.. I'm looking in to a new asa bat. I've swung the purple est and the blue patriot and have liked them, I've swung monsta but only a brand new one so I don't know what they're like when they break in, I swing a 12" barrel in utrip so I was also looking at the freak23 asa.. What are your thoughts? I want something that will hit the ball like my broken in freak 30 lol

wildthing81

I do have a question about ASA bats. Since this new mn softball thing uses a 52/300 and my team this year plays a few asa tournaments.. I'm looking in to a new asa bat. I've swung the purple est and the blue patriot and have liked them, I've swung monsta but only a brand new one so I don't know what they're like when they break in, I swing a 12" barrel in utrip so I was also looking at the freak23 asa.. What are your thoughts? I want something that will hit the ball like my broken in freak 30 lol
Having played with past weekend with WC Monsta an having talked about it with Carl the best bat right now is the 2018 FALLOUT for Monsta as alot of their guys swung this bat, also the 2018 DNA was popular as well. I think the FALLOUT is your best bet to compare to your freak30 if there is such a thing. The worth bats are good as well, Judder has a couple juicy ones that he could probley tell you more about then me. An yes TSF'inRocks alot of people do follow the monsta teams around, I was surprised at how many people came up an introduced themselves to me over the weekend, i guess it didn't bother me before, doesn't bother me now, I heard some of the stories for why people follow the team and why they liked the players, I guess just being a softball diehard I thought it was kinda neat, but that's me an everyone is entitled to their opinions of course. Reminds me of the fans that Followed Resmondo back in their hay day, mid 2000's they had a pretty big following the year they only lost 3 games all year.

freeze2104

Average E ringer
Having played with past weekend with WC Monsta an having talked about it with Carl the best bat right now is the 2018 FALLOUT for Monsta as alot of their guys swung this bat, also the 2018 DNA was popular as well. I think the FALLOUT is your best bet to compare to your freak30 if there is such a thing. The worth bats are good as well, Judder has a couple juicy ones that he could probley tell you more about then me. An yes TSF'inRocks alot of people do follow the monsta teams around, I was surprised at how many people came up an introduced themselves to me over the weekend, i guess it didn't bother me before, doesn't bother me now, I heard some of the stories for why people follow the team and why they liked the players, I guess just being a softball diehard I thought it was kinda neat, but that's me an everyone is entitled to their opinions of course. Reminds me of the fans that Followed Resmondo back in their hay day, mid 2000's they had a pretty big following the year they only lost 3 games all year.
What do you swing for utrip?

Turbes had a DNA Mutated from Greinert( I guess Turby does work for him) I swung it a couple times but it felt like a log. Maybe I can give that another try. How much are the fallouts running?

wildthing81

What do you swing for utrip?

Turbes had a DNA Mutated from Greinert( I guess Turby does work for him) I swung it a couple times but it felt like a log. Maybe I can give that another try. How much are the fallouts running?
For Utrip I swing the Orange Worth LEGIT Resmondo and Miken Patriot and Milken psycho are my utrip go to bats....I think the FALLOUTS are running 230 or 240, demars had a post on FB about the monsta bats he had, may want to check with him as well.

basilray

Take a look at the Flippers. Stiff handle, 12" barrel. Consistently good bats with your choice of weighting across the variants.

I took a few swings with the pink Worth EST XL. I liked it, and don't normally like the longer barrel. Had very few cuts on it, but felt pretty good.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Didn't feel too terrible the first night out tonight. The only thing that was way off was my pitch selection. Swung at a couple junk pitches, but it worked out ok.

We got throttled in both games, though.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
I was unable to secure one of demars fallouts. Have heard nice reviews mostly, maybe takes a little break in. I have a 26oz asa freak 23 with all paper work and 100 cuts, not sure I like it if your interested.

Beauner

Starting Player
I love my Freak23 for asa.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
So did the pure guy and Carl buy flip out of his dan smith contract and then he bailed for smash it? Was just reading a little bit of that drama:). What is the conference like? Do a lot of those guys get payed? Bat sponsorship where the money is?

Donger73

Addicted to Softballfans
So did the pure guy and Carl buy flip out of his dan smith contract and then he bailed for smash it? Was just reading a little bit of that drama:). What is the conference like? Do a lot of those guys get payed? Bat sponsorship where the money is?

From the incessant ad during the war by the shore, seems SIS is well funded by one of those "reputable" betting hotlines. I think they even let the dude coach 1st base

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
Yes a chunk get paid. Some have manufacturer sponsorship too. Some get a weekend allowance. Some get travel, lodging and food covered. It really all depends on the guy and the sponsors/team.

wildthing81

I dont know exactly how it went down with Dan Smith, all I know is at the end of last season he signed 20 players to contracts so he could have his pick of players, so if it was money straight up or a percentage of pure bat profits back to DS for the year who knows, all the deals are sketchy......Whats the conference like? well I can only comment that I played 4 years on out of Minnesota teams so what I say does not pertain to Minnesota conference teams. The teams and conference in general are pretty cut throat, there's alot of games with in games being played and what I mean by that is there are plenty of guys that only care about their own stats first, team stats/winning 2nd, I played with plenty of those guys. There is often back stabbing/talking behind peoples back an lobbying by some sponsors to play their guys. I think its quite hard to have a sponsor as a player, Ive found that person often has alot more say then they should if they are just a secondary or third sponsor not your main one, I know one sponsor who played but influenced the line up and which players sat and which played. Next I think there is an over abundance of coaches, managers, statisticians ect. My last years team had all 3 and one of those guys I didn't see eye to eye with and for that I was punished by lack of playing time in some areas and spots when I should have been playing. There is just a lot of non-sense you deal with on an off the field, sometimes it makes it hard to even play ball. Most of your A and B teams have budgets any where from 30 to 50k for the most part, usually for players it en tales uniforms, maybe a bat or two, swag from your uniform sponsor; sweats, jackets shirts batting gloves ect. Money for plane tickets, money for rental cars, maybe a team dinner or two on the sponsor. I was offered Cash for the season from one of my teams but I turned it down because I don't need to be paid to play ball, I don't believe that 1. Im good enough for that treatment and 2 I have my own money to cover my costs. The better players on AA teams an above on the ones with Bat deals, get paid, get alot of other free stuff to sell, such as bats, gloves, hats, shoes ect. There are some good things about the conference, some bad, but I look at my conference time as an accomplishment to make it that level and stick while meeting some life long friends across the country, sorry for the long post.