Minnesota Thread

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Anyone seen a bracket for our pick this weekend
I think it's scratched this week. Haven't seen a bracket, and it's late now.

Surprised they didn't post anything up about the brackets for any of it on one of the bigger Facebook pages.

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Wheres a good page to raffle off some bats.. ?? We have a bunch of n.i.w. monstas.. but the monsta page wont let us do it..

Beauner

Starting Player
Wheres a good page to raffle off some bats.. ?? We have a bunch of n.i.w. monstas.. but the monsta page wont let us do it..
There are a few reps who will let raffle off member bats on various facebook pages but prepare for them to take a hefty chunk out of whatever you're raffling them for.

Beauner

Starting Player
Not sure if anyone in here knows Ryan Clark but I hope he's ok.
That was a pretty nasty injury today. Saw him on crutches going back to the fields while I was on my way out, which is kinda crazy. He must have had some pretty serious pain killers in his system.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Not sure if anyone in here knows Ryan Clark but I hope he's ok.
That was a pretty nasty injury today. Saw him on crutches going back to the fields while I was on my way out, which is kinda crazy. He must have had some pretty serious pain killers in his system.
What happened?

Beauner

Starting Player
What happened?
Was running to toward the fence to make a catch. Used his foot to try to jump up along the fence.
His foot/cleat got caught up on the fence while he was making the catch. Sounds like when he went down to land his cleat stayed in the chain link.
Broken fibula and dislocated ankle.

softballstud87

Felton fall classic sept 29th. Not a lot of spots left. $200 entry fee. Free beer. Double elim bracket. Winner gets $1000. Good food. Unlimited hr’s. Band at bar after torney. Text or call 7012125891.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Was running to toward the fence to make a catch. Used his foot to try to jump up along the fence.
His foot/cleat got caught up on the fence while he was making the catch. Sounds like when he went down to land his cleat stayed in the chain link.
Broken fibula and dislocated ankle.
Ouch, that's pretty brutal.

Here are the brackets for this week:
AA - https://www.usssa.com/slowpitch/eve...=111&divisionID=1830005&bnp=1&bf=1&isWinner=1
D - https://www.usssa.com/slowpitch/eve...=111&divisionID=1796136&bnp=1&bf=1&isWinner=1

Just pick the winner for AA. The winner and the top MN team for D.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
Here's something funny/not funny that happened this weekend. I go to the Stadium to hang out, couple teammates are playing. Brent is pitching for Legacy and Scottie is playing with Stoop; both prep for worlds. Hacker asks if I'd pitch for Maniax and I said "Nah, didn't bring socks or stuff so I for sure wouldn't." He tells me they wont hit middle at me and I said, "You may not but I know Scott will!" Fast forward to Legacy v Stoop and my joke is well....Scott comes up, Brent is pitching and fills the hole and is drilled in the knee on a line. I yelled to Hacker, "I told you Scott would do it!" Brent is now out for Worlds with a fracture of his patellar. Ouch! They are still friends. Haha.

wildthing81

Here's something funny/not funny that happened this weekend. I go to the Stadium to hang out, couple teammates are playing. Brent is pitching for Legacy and Scottie is playing with Stoop; both prep for worlds. Hacker asks if I'd pitch for Maniax and I said "Nah, didn't bring socks or stuff so I for sure wouldn't." He tells me they wont hit middle at me and I said, "You may not but I know Scott will!" Fast forward to Legacy v Stoop and my joke is well....Scott comes up, Brent is pitching and fills the hole and is drilled in the knee on a line. I yelled to Hacker, "I told you Scott would do it!" Brent is now out for Worlds with a fracture of his patellar. Ouch! They are still friends. Haha.
Yikes? No pads on my guess? Geno Buck caught me at Shako off the inner calf, luckily it caught mostly meat. I pitched one more inning before I came out as I was not wearing pads.Only missed one tourney thankfully. Pitching, hazardous to ones health.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I'm due to get beaned in the legs one of these days. Every time I've pitched, all the shots up the middle have been near me, but never right at me. I'm a 3rd string pitcher, at best, so I think I can get another year or two before taking one off the shins.

Just painted my pitching helmet again last night. Looks a little better. Probably even better for my Wednesday team next year when we have red jerseys. Right now, it's a lot of Carolina blue.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
I'm really tempted to choose Detroit City Rake for D World's as I feel it's there 200th time playing D and they place too much. Unless I'm confusing them with that Detroit Smooth team? D and E is a huge joke in USSSA.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
Early off-season bump predictions and rumors.

D bumps:
A&B
Ziegler
Timeout Tavern
The Crew
Arvig
The Jack
Paradis Inc.
Coors - Shakopee. T-5 at Nationals.

C bumps:
Keyguys
3x/Box
Outdoorsmen

Heartland bank to A

Outside the mandatory bumps I don't think anyone else did well enough.

Rumors I've heard:
- part of the crew is leaving to start a new team
- The top two D teams are talking about merging for C.
- A&B was grabbing blackouts best players
- The throw together team from Stifftungsfest that took 2nd was talking about making that a C team next year.
- Gull dam is trying to merge with a big team but I'm not positive on which one.

Last edited:

bstark28

Starting Player

D bumps:
A&B
Ziegler
Timeout Tavern
The Crew
Arvig
The Jack
Paradis Inc.

C bumps:
Keyguys
3x/Box
Outdoorsmen

Heartland bank to A

Rumors I've heard:
- The throw together team from Stifftungsfest that took 2nd was talking about making that a C team next year.

I have been told, through the grapevine, that Heartland won't get bumped. From my understanding, there is a new ASA rule, incorporated last year, which says a team has to finish in the top 10% at B nationals for consecutive years before they'll get the bump to A. Maybe I completely misunderstood what I was told, but it seemed pretty straight forward. If that's the case, they'll be able to play the same tourney schedule, skip natty's in 2019 and keep B cards.

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans

D bumps:
A&B
Ziegler
Timeout Tavern
The Crew
Arvig
The Jack
Paradis Inc.

C bumps:
Keyguys
3x/Box
Outdoorsmen

Heartland bank to A

Rumors I've heard:

Who was on the throw together team?

Also very interesting about The Crew considering the year they've had.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
I have been told, through the grapevine, that Heartland won't get bumped. From my understanding, there is a new ASA rule, incorporated last year, which says a team has to finish in the top 10% at B nationals for consecutive years before they'll get the bump to A. Maybe I completely misunderstood what I was told, but it seemed pretty straight forward. If that's the case, they'll be able to play the same tourney schedule, skip natty's in 2019 and keep B cards.

Very well could be but every team would do that wouldn't they?