Minnesota Thread

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
Early off-season bump predictions and rumors.

D bumps:
A&B
Ziegler
Timeout Tavern
The Crew
Arvig
The Jack
Paradis Inc.

C bumps:
Keyguys
3x/Box
Outdoorsmen

Heartland bank to A

Outside the mandatory bumps I don't think anyone else did well enough.

Rumors I've heard:
- part of the crew is leaving to start a new team
- The top two D teams are talking about merging for C.
- A&B was grabbing blackouts best players
- The throw together team from Stifftungsfest that took 2nd was talking about making that a C team next year.

I have been told from a reliable source that All American will be bumped. Remember that last year they split up into 2 teams for Nationals and about half the guys from this years 2nd place team also took 2nd last year.

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
That was my initial suspicion as well, and, to be honest, I guess I didn't ask a whole lot of follow-up questions, as to how the rule was interpreted and how it would be enforced.

Heartland won't get bumped because of the new 10% rule for B and A as they have to finish in the top 10% 2 years in a row. Good chance all their players w/ be B+ is my guess.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
Legacy will only be doing bsc stuff next year. So the normal team won’t be playing together next year. At least that is what I was told.

Beauner

Starting Player
The only thing I could think of for The Crew is maybe a different schedule? That team played a ton.
It may have a little to do with their schedule but I'm about 98% sure that's not the driving reason. I don't really wanna post what I've heard directly from their players on a public forum because I genuinely like everybody I've interacted with on that team and don't wanna trash anyone publicly, but after seeing it first hand in Fargo I can definitely see where some of the guys are coming from.

Last edited:

sjoquist43

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm not complaining about us getting bumped, because I know it's top 10% at state. I just think it's funny that we have a below .500 record at C and now we will be B!! Oh well, it is what it is...

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
It may have a little to do with their schedule but I'm about 98% sure that's not the driving reason. I don't really wanna post what I've heard directly from their players on a public forum because I genuinely like everybody I've interacted with on that team and don't wanna trash anyone publicly, but after seeing it first hand in Fargo I can definitely see where some of the guys are coming from.
I did forget that there was one dude that was super annoying, too. I bet whatever that chunk of team ends up doing, they'll do pretty well.

wildthing81

I'm really tempted to choose Detroit City Rake for D World's as I feel it's there 200th time playing D and they place too much. Unless I'm confusing them with that Detroit Smooth team? D and E is a huge joke in USSSA.
Detroit Elite and Detroit Mush are usually there as well, I feel like the flip flop names every few years

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
Detroit Elite and Detroit Mush are usually there as well, I feel like the flip flop names every few years

I don't understand the draw to stay in D/E if you compete and win, more often than not. All to place top 15 at worlds, maybe? What does that honestly do for them?

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Any of you guys live near Brooklyn Center and want to play ball at 6:20 and 7:20 at Evergreen?

Edit: Also, it doesn't matter if you're any good. At this point, I just need someone who doesn't stand on the middle of the plate when they come up to bat.

Last edited:

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
For the picks game, try to get the D Worlds pick in today/tonight. The tournament starts in 20 minutes.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
A&b had a lot of bat flippers but seemed ok guys. I thought the crew had a few dip ****s personally, we ended up beating them in Mankato I think, just poor sportsmanship I thought, but maybe just 2 or 3 guys, then again we at times probably had some dip ****s so who knows. The crew did have a very successful year, as did a&b.

Beauner

Starting Player
A&b had a lot of bat flippers but seemed ok guys. I thought the crew had a few dip ****s personally, we ended up beating them in Mankato I think, just poor sportsmanship I thought, but maybe just 2 or 3 guys, then again we at times probably had some dip ****s so who knows. The crew did have a very successful year, as did a&b.
They absolutely have a couple guys who don't handle adversity (losing) well. When everything is going well for them they are all great guys. When S hits the fan? There are a couple guys who get really pissy.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Had a team pick up an A player last night to play against us (which is fine), but I've never had a knuckle ball hit at me so hard in my life. Was glad that it was far enough in front of me that I could let it drop and not look like an *******.

The two worst things in the outfield are knuckleballs and the super high pop ups.